It's not the coach

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Gator2222, Nov 28, 2016.

1. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $107
    Ratings:
    +4,477 / -200
    Hey dude...we miss you. Come back and play.

2. The Shady Grove Gator

The Shady Grove Gator Relapsed Wise-Ass
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $57
    Ratings:
    +257 / -9
    [​IMG]

Our OC right now: My name is DOUG NUSSMEIER..not Nusschump, I'm great, I'm wonderful! Everybody likes me!

3. cover2

cover2 I've grown old
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $127
    Ratings:
    +2,899 / -1
    I hate to say it, but the first thing that strikes me is that he's wearing a tee under his Gator coaching shirt for what I'm assuming is his official staff photo. Maybe he's a guru (though team strength wasn't overly evident on Saturday)? Really makes me think he bought Mac's old Dodge Caravan along with a sofa from the game room and couldn't pay it off, so Mac hired him gets half his check until next March. He doesn't conjure up images of Rich Tuten.

4. G8trwood

G8trwood Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +304 / -3
    OMG C2, you almost made my post house boarding bourbon come out my nose

5. Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres No offense
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $34
    Ratings:
    +641 / -18
    And attitude. Don't forget attitude. I want linemen who not only won't be pushed around, but who will knock the D line flat on their asses with force. I want mean mofos in the trenches.

Yep. I think think if this s---show keeps up (and it will), they're gone. We'll be looking at another lost decade for Florida football.

6. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Stop steaming up my tail!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,028
    Ratings:
    +23,959 / -486
    Is 2222 dead? Poor Joe Vizi.

And the Bowl/Author?

7. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $166
    Ratings:
    +6,408 / -33
    Just thinking, Tebow was home-schooled, so must've done a lot of his S & C at home, especially during the summer. (Yes I'm aware he was allowed to join in "on campus" stuff, but still he had to get out and travel there.) What I'm getting at is I bet he did much of that S & C at home without an S & C coach. He was the most powerful CFB QB ever, ever pushing back hard charging big tacklers. Shouldn't our S & C coach and our nutritionist be caned ... I mean canned? Wonder if our nutritionist is one of those locked in the philosophy that these young men should stay light & svelt for best health after college.

8. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $107
    Ratings:
    +4,477 / -200
    There's a lot of noise in the system and not just from the dumpers. it's real and it's there.

9. Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $242
    Ratings:
    +8,852 / -51
    Time to stop using the words pumpers and dumpers. There are simply those who see thru :kiffin: and those who don't. Sorry but that's the truth.

10. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $107
    Ratings:
    +4,477 / -200
    And yet...

11. Gator2222

Gator2222 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,036 / -92
    Not sure how the hurricane affected everyone else, but it was pretty bad for some here in Gainesville. Spent most of the week helping family and friends prepare. Sandbagging is a lot harder than I ever would have thought it would be. The Suwanee river is flooding and threatening a lot of our property. They actually shut I-75 down over the flooding today. A lot of my friends and family still don't have power. School here in Alachua county has been cancelled all week due to all the flooding, power outages and families still seeking shelter in our area. I have been busy with much more important things than football.

I will be back more frequently when life returns to normal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  12. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $29
    Ratings:
    +834 / -9
    Teaching players to execute plays is part of coaching.

Casting a vision and establishing camaraderie is part of coaching.

Recruiting players who are highly skilled and have high football IQs to make the plays is part of coaching.

Establishing a culture of mutual responsibility that mitigates crimes, misdemeanors and cheating is part of coaching.

PR and dealing with the media is part of coaching.

Fundraising is part of coaching.

Making sure the players succeed academically is part of coaching.

The 2008 Gators were the youngest team in the country that year.

I agree that the scheme isn't the main issue. I'm not giving up on this team after one game. I haven't given up on Mac.

But coaching is a huge and diverse responsibility and at this level gets paid millions. If an OL misses a block because he forgot his assignment, wasn't quick enough, played video games until 3am or he was suspended for smoking pot or was academically ineligible, that all falls under the coach's responsibility. Kids are kids so obviously there will always be failures of different sorts, but it's the coach's responsibility to minimize mistakes, problems and failures. A coach's great joy is influencing players to excel, play together and thus win championships.

13. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $107
    Ratings:
    +4,477 / -200
    By all means please stay safe and take care of your family. Though it kinda doesn't explain your absence after the Mich game.

Stay safe.

14. Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $242
    Ratings:
    +8,852 / -51
    He's just parroting the current Mac narrative. Storm was horrible, everyone is without power, streets are flooded, roads are closed, families are starving, there are things way more important than 3rd and 7. Oh the humanity!

In 2 weeks there will be a new excuse. :lol:

15. soflagator

soflagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $309
    Ratings:
    +4,818 / -7
    Good thing he didn't hear about the loose tiger that had to be shot on I-75.

"I tell ya....it's uhhhh....(head nodding)pretty devastating...and-uhhh...makes you think a lil-bit...ya know...what if it were(surprised face)...my tiger...rite?...or monkey..."