It's not the coach

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gator2222 has been posting over on the GSMB all these years. I've been trying to get him over here for a while. Glad he finally made it.

2222, you'll find there's actual discussion over here, not a vacant wasteland with Alvin Dork yapping at your feet.
And also find a huge group of negators always there with the "you suck we suck fire him right now cause he has had plenty of time to compete with Bama..................Most in this group will never be happy until they get that homerun again like Urb (who came into a fckn loaded team) and win right away (meaning be top 10).................

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
See two posts above you
:grin:

I actually had my post up for a while trying to finish it, but I kept getting interrupted. Sorry for the duplication, but maybe it was a point that needed emphasizing X 2?

;)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don't you bring reason around here

Dude, you should have just said, "I trust the coaches". We all know what you mean. Honestly, why do you post on a message board? If you "trust the coaches" there's nothing to discuss except maybe uniforms or the band. If you "trust the coaches" you're likely borderline retard....if not full retard. The same people pumping this coach and his staff and his offense are the same ones who hung onto the hope that Will Muschamp and Ron Zook were going to be successful here. It's 2 full years in. We know what we have. We hired a dud. But hey, you "trust the coaches"!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And also find a huge group of negators always there with the "you suck we suck fire him right now cause he has had plenty of time to compete with Bama..................Most in this group will never be happy until they get that homerun again like Urb (who came into a fckn loaded team) and win right away (meaning be top 10).................
Jeebus. You are more insufferable with these relentless lectures than any negator on the board.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Relentless.................my two or three comments relative to the literally thousands of EVRYTHING SUCKS posts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
be serious........you make me :lmao:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can look at one game and make that point because players are going to have a bad game or two. All of our national titles were with 1-loss teams.However, if you look at the season as a whole and compare it to last year, then there is no denying that things have gotten worse, and that's on the coaching.

We've had more losses, more blowout losses, worse offensive numbers statistically, and no improvement whatsoever in recruiting. It's not just that we've had 3 losses, but two of them were to bad teams and two were against rivals. We gave up a 21 point half-time lead to get blown out by a team that just lost to Vandy, and then we also couldn't run the ball and score on one of the worst rush defenses in the league at Arkansas. You're supposed to see improvement in year 2, and with a more experienced O-line with additional depth, more depth at WR, a strong group of RB's, and a change at QB from Treon Harris, it is not unreasonable to expect this offense to improve. This has been a poorly coached team, plain and simple, and I don't see how it will get any better in the near future.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thread title is wrong. It should read "It's not the scheme" and then I'd be right there with you. The scheme is sound and gets receivers open in the passing game and will get RB's yards in the rushing game provided the moving parts know what to do. It's been two years now and our players on offense still don't know what to do.

That is the very definition of a coaching problem. When Mac came waltzing into Gainesville assuring us that his dog could play QB here, he deserves to own the mess of not finding a single human that can.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As No Friends said the issue isn't offensive scheme... his scheme is excellent.. it's the in game management. There should be improvement at this point, and that is not to say there are not areas that have shown improvement. But the total improvement on this team, is well behind schedule at this point.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I'll bite, let's just say everything you just posted is 100% correct.

Do you think this staff is going to fix all this crap and have they put a kid on the roster that will make all those throws? Are they fixing the talent and depth issue by recruiting good players?

I have no faith in this staffs ability to develop and none in their ability to bring in quality talent. NONE.

Mac brought in two transfer QBs as a stop gap measure for this season. He has two talented freshmen QBs on the bench and another one in the 2017 class. In addition, he has the #4 QB in the 2018 class ready to commit. He has brought in playmakers at WR in Callaway and Cleveland. He brought in Scarlett and Perine at RB. We now have depth at OL.

I would say that Mac is attacking the problem head on and making steady progress.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Lol the execution is shcitty. Not on the coaches at all

I agree that it's the coaches responsibility to get the players to execute the plays properly. No argument here. However, Mac inherited 6 OL, no RB, no WR's with talent and Treon. He has been forced to play underclassmen that haven't had time to grow and develop. You can't teach experience.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mac brought in two transfer QBs as a stop gap measure for this season. He has two talented freshmen QBs on the bench and another one in the 2017 class. In addition, he has the #4 QB in the 2018 class ready to commit. He has brought in playmakers at WR in Callaway and Cleveland. He brought in Scarlett and Perine at RB. We now have depth at OL.

I would say that Mac is attacking the problem head on and making steady progress.
Yikes. I have a feeling you were one of those guys that felt Muschamp should have gotten another year.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I think speaking in any form of absolutes here is off base. To his credit, the OP didn't just rattle off an opinion. There's obviously some support to his premise. Good analysis, imo. That said, the obvious counter is that as a coaching staff, is it not their job to coach these guys up and get them to make plays? Doesn't remove any blame from the players who missed assignments, but the better coaches teach and instill those things, and find ways to get their players to play above their ability.

There is blame to go around. But I will say the "execution" talk tends to surround programs whose coaches aren't getting it done.

Once again, if Mac were fielding a squad of veteran upperclassmen and they were not executing I would agree. Mac is working with a bunch of 18 year olds that aren't ready yet, but have been thrown in the fire because Muschamp literally left nothing on the offensive side of the ball for Mac to work with.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Yikes. I have a feeling you were one of those guys that felt Muschamp should have gotten another year.

Muschamp was a dumpster fire. Go look up my posts at the other site and see how much heat I got for wanting him fired. I was calling for his head in year 2.

Mac is not Muschamp.

Muschamp could not recognize talent. He told Paxton Lynch the Gators didn't have room for him. Mac has a knack for finding offensive talent.

Muschamp hated offense. Mac has receivers running open all day.

Muschamp couldn't control himself much less 100 others. Mac has an effective system in place. He is getting things built, additional personnel hired and is expanding our recruiting footprint.

Mac is actually a good coach that has produced high scoring offenses everywhere he has been. He didn't just forget how to coach.

Peterson has always been known as an offensive coach. Peterson went to Washington and lost 6 games in each of his first two years. The fans wanted him fired because they had a great defense and the offense sucked. This year Peterson has a talented QB that is in year 2 as a starter. Now the fans love him. That idiot that couldn't coach the last two seasons is all of a sudden a genius. I think it's more likely that it's hard to achieve at a high level without a talented QB, than it is that Peterson forgot how to coach for two years and just all of a sudden remembered.

Mac is our Peterson. Give Mac a real QB and then let's pass judgement.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that it's the coaches responsibility to get the players to execute the plays properly. No argument here. However, Mac inherited 6 OL, no RB, no WR's with talent and Treon. He has been forced to play underclassmen that haven't had time to grow and develop. You can't teach experience.
There's no excuse for not being able to beat the breaks off of north texas. I don't care how young they are.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp was a dumpster fire. Go look up my posts at the other site and see how much heat I got for wanting him fired. I was calling for his head in year 2.

Mac is not Muschamp.

Muschamp could not recognize talent. He told Paxton Lynch the Gators didn't have room for him. Mac has a knack for finding offensive talent.

Muschamp hated offense. Mac has receivers running open all day.

Muschamp couldn't control himself much less 100 others. Mac has an effective system in place. He is getting things built, additional personnel hired and is expanding our recruiting footprint.

Mac is actually a good coach that has produced high scoring offenses everywhere he has been. He didn't just forget how to coach.

Peterson has always been known as an offensive coach. Peterson went to Washington and lost 6 games in each of his first two years. The fans wanted him fired because they had a great defense and the offense sucked. This year Peterson has a talented QB that is in year 2 as a starter. Now the fans love him. That idiot that couldn't coach the last two seasons is all of a sudden a genius. I think it's more likely that it's hard to achieve at a high level without a talented QB, than it is that Peterson forgot how to coach for two years and just all of a sudden remembered.

Mac is our Peterson. Give Mac a real QB and then let's pass judgement.
I admire your optimism. How exactly do you spin the putrid recruiting classes Mac is putting forth? They are even worse than Muschamp's.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
All that is true and thanks for putting in the work to post it all. It's good to see the plays like that.

The problem is execution is perfected in practice. Practice which is led by our coaches and they are paid big bucks because they are supposedly better at preparing our guys to win than everybody else.

In our case we have very poor execution all over the field on just about every play which leads you to believe that our coaches are doing something wrong because lots of teams are able to execute at a higher level than us.

So you can blames the players but it's the coaches that are supposed to be preparing them to be successful and they're not. To be able to execute the plays properly. Which they don't.

Bottom line is we have some bad coaches.

I respectfully disagree. I think we have good coaches that had to start from scratch and are working with young and inexperienced players. In fact, I think it's amazing that Mac has these underclassmen at 18-4 in the SEC.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Like previous poster have said before it's on the coach to ensure that the players execute the plays properly and if they can't he put someone in that can. I think all the penalties is a good indicator that it's coaching that's the problem. Poor execution before the snap and during the play is more on a coach than a player.

Kudos to OP for all the work he put in. He made some great points as well.

I appreciate the Kudos.

In my opinion, too many people discount the difficulty that Mac is facing in having to start 13 underclassmen. Against FSU 4 of the 5 OL were freshmen or sophomores, the RB was a sophomore, 2 of the 3 WRs were freshmen or sophomores and the TE was a sophomore. The QB was a 2nd string transfer that couldn't keep a starting job at his previous post.

Only two players that he inherited from Muschamp started against FSU. Mac had 2 months to put together his first recruiting class and has had one class since then and yet he has to field an entire offense of his own players.

That is a serious degree of difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.