It's not the coach

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp was a dumpster fire. Go look up my posts at the other site and see how much heat I got for wanting him fired. I was calling for his head in year 2.

Mac is not Muschamp.

Muschamp could not recognize talent. He told Paxton Lynch the Gators didn't have room for him. Mac has a knack for finding offensive talent.

Muschamp hated offense. Mac has receivers running open all day.

Muschamp couldn't control himself much less 100 others. Mac has an effective system in place. He is getting things built, additional personnel hired and is expanding our recruiting footprint.

Mac is actually a good coach that has produced high scoring offenses everywhere he has been. He didn't just forget how to coach.

Peterson has always been known as an offensive coach. Peterson went to Washington and lost 6 games in each of his first two years. The fans wanted him fired because they had a great defense and the offense sucked. This year Peterson has a talented QB that is in year 2 as a starter. Now the fans love him. That idiot that couldn't coach the last two seasons is all of a sudden a genius. I think it's more likely that it's hard to achieve at a high level without a talented QB, than it is that Peterson forgot how to coach for two years and just all of a sudden remembered.

Mac is our Peterson. Give Mac a real QB and then let's pass judgement.

No offense but Peterson went 92-12 before getting the Udub job.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I admire your optimism. How exactly do you spin the putrid recruiting classes Mac is putting forth? They are even worse than Muschamp's.

Muschamp destroyed the place. Seniors in high school have few memories of Gators offense except what Muschamp fielded. It's hard to sell Florida football to kids that grew up watching Muschamp's version.

Despite that Mac beat Saban for Perine and Vosean Joseph and Piniero. He landed the #2 receiver in the nation when he signed Cleveland out of Texas. Gardner was the #4 CB nationally. Clayton was the #2 WDE nationally. He stole the #5 ranked QB from LSU in Franks. Swain was the #23 ranked WR nationally. He got 5 star #1 ranked OT Ivey.

Given the circumstances, I think he has done well. These kids are agreeing to come to Florida instead of Alabama or Ohio State despite our recent difficulties. It takes a hell of salesman to pull that off.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I prefer "Excuses are monuments built to nothing by those who accomplish little else."

However, you don't hear Mac making excuses. I'm not a coach or player. I'm not excusing anything, but simply explaining my opinion of why it is occurring.
no issue with your opinion however when you field what mac is fielding and then you speak glowingly about a player that gashed you on the field then you come into the presser and go full retard because a media hack throw you a softball and then you deflect the question. ..ok you deserve my criticism

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
No offense but Peterson went 92-12 before getting the Udub job.

Noted. It is a different circumstance. That just makes it so much more amazing that impatient fans wanted him fired after two years instead of recognizing that QB is the most important position in all of sports. Even an offensive guy with a 92-12 record was losing 6 games a season when he didn't have a QB.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp destroyed the place. Seniors in high school have few memories of Gators offense except what Muschamp fielded. It's hard to sell Florida football to kids that grew up watching Muschamp's version.

Despite that Mac beat Saban for Perine and Vosean Joseph and Piniero. He landed the #2 receiver in the nation when he signed Cleveland out of Texas. Gardner was the #4 CB nationally. Clayton was the #2 WDE nationally. He stole the #5 ranked QB from LSU in Franks. Swain was the #23 ranked WR nationally. He got 5 star #1 ranked OT Ivey.

Given the circumstances, I think he has done well. These kids are agreeing to come to Florida instead of Alabama or Ohio State despite our recent difficulties. It takes a hell of salesman to pull that off.

Are you joking? Have you seen the top ten recruits in FL and where they are going? Have you seen what OSU and Bama are pulling in? You are creating a false narrative to fit your pumper world. The East is the worst its ever been. The worst. Beat Bama on Saturday. That's what counts not Eddy Pineiro. Moral victories are for losers.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
no issue with your opinion however when you field what mac is fielding and then you speak glowingly about a player that gashed you on the field then you come into the presser and go full retard because a media hack throw you a softball and then you deflect the question. ..ok you deserve my criticism

LOL, I will point out why I think the offense is failing but will succeed in the future. However, I'm not going to start trying to figure out the press conferences.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
We were 0-13 on 3rd downs. That isn't a player or two blowing a great play 13 times. That is a piss-poor performance by the entire offense, all game, and the root cause that the D eventually caved in. Just like last year in this same game. Just like most games this year. This is what great coaching is supposed to prevent. Mac needs to stand up and take responsibility - he's getting paid $3.5M/yr. He needs to find the answers and plot the course forward. Or we'll be stuck in this tar pit again next year.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

.....yet, he runs Grier off instead of teaching him and working with him to be a better man....

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
LOL, I will point out why I think the offense is failing but will succeed in the future. However, I'm not going to start trying to figure out the press conferences.
there is no defense,,there is no recruiting, and if you watch these last two games there will be very little coaching. I respect your opinion but i disagree with it greatly

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Are you joking? Have you seen the top ten recruits in FL and where they are going? Have you seen what OSU and Bama are pulling in? You are creating a false narrative to fit your pumper world. The East is the worst its ever been. The worst. Beat Bama on Saturday. That's what counts not Eddy Pineiro. Moral victories are for losers.

I think you are trying to say that Mac should be able to come into a dumpster fire and out recruit Saban and Meyer in his first two seasons.

Yeah, that's realistic. How many other coaches are out recruiting Saban and Meyer right now? If you limit our choices to coaches that can immediately out recruit Saban and Meyer then the pickings are indeed slim.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Next year it'll be the inexperienced QB, and young defense.

It's already the young defense. Almost half the defense against FSU were Mac's recruits. The young linebackers struggled against Cook.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
One of the coaching gurus, i forget who at the moment, used to say if a player is messing up, replace the player, if a whole position group is messing up, replace the coach.

I have heard that saying and like it as well. However, if there were players in abundance we wouldn't be starting freshmen to begin with. The replacements are already playing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And he'll get his third year with his QB. He better light this **** up. Two years of trash.
I think you are trying to say that Mac should be able to come into a dumpster fire and out recruit Saban and Meyer in his first two seasons.

Yeah, that's realistic. How many other coaches are out recruiting Saban and Meyer right now? If you limit our choices to coaches that can immediately out recruit Saban and Meyer then the pickings are indeed slim.

It's our home state. We are the flagship university. I expect MORE. Period. You think 25th on Rivals is acceptable? Explain that? Explain Mac having 3/4 worst classes on record as of today. Come on. You can do better than this.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
It's already the young defense. Almost half the defense against FSU were Mac's recruits. The young linebackers struggled against Cook.
The country struggles against cook, I'm just pointing out that this same conversation will be held next year, ala it's not the coach again

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Thread title is wrong. It should read "It's not the scheme" and then I'd be right there with you. The scheme is sound and gets receivers open in the passing game and will get RB's yards in the rushing game provided the moving parts know what to do. It's been two years now and our players on offense still don't know what to do.

That is the very definition of a coaching problem. When Mac came waltzing into Gainesville assuring us that his dog could play QB here, he deserves to own the mess of not finding a single human that can.

Mac had 2 months to put together his first class. At that point the QB's were all spoken for. He brought in 2 transfers as a stopgap for this season. Then he stole the #5 ranked pro style QB from LSU and brought in a 2nd QB as insurance. He has the #13 ranked pro style QB in the 2017 class. In addition he has the #4 ranked QB ready to sign in the 2018 class.

I think he has found and signed talent. We just have to be willing to accept 18-4 in the SEC as good enough until those QB's are ready to take the field.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I agree that it's the coaches responsibility to get the players to execute the plays properly. No argument here. However, Mac inherited 6 OL, no RB, no WR's with talent and Treon. He has been forced to play underclassmen that haven't had time to grow and develop. You can't teach experience.
He inherited two capable rb's in kelvin taylor and adam lane, he inherited capable wr's in fulwood and worton and powell(slot) and demarcus robinson who had great talent, and chris thompson who is the fastest player on the team. He lost grier, but why not run more wildcat with treon and suit to his style?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator