Its panic time!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Jerry Azzinaro has been offered on staff. Its the assistants still coaching holding up the train. Its Kelly.

So what, we have to wait till the season is done before Kelly will sign, so he can have his assistances?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we were already upgrading our facilities. What is this talk about facilities and Kelly??

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I thought we were already upgrading our facilities. What is this talk about facilities and Kelly??

Because that is what people around here think coaches worry about. Of course in the real world coaches are worried about things like their salary and perks, the job requirements, non-interference from the AD, what they can pay assistants, etc.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Because all we've had are plans and no real timetable. In February we had plans to build a facility on a postage stamp size of land north of the track. 130K sq ft. The Oregon facility is 145K for comparison. But then the Baseball team won the Title and I guess they decided to build them a new stadium and move the all-in-one to the larger space vacated by the old stadium. But first you have to tear it down and you can't do that during baseball season. So we can't even tear it down until after baseball season finishes next year. Don't know how long that takes. Then you start building. That has to take a year(?).

The all-in-one isn't just about having bowling allies and waterfalls for the recruits. It means having everything related to football operations in one place. Not just for the players but also for the coaches. Weight room, training room and locker rooms for players as well as game rooms etc. Coaches want their offices to be down the hall from the film room, and the meeting rooms, recruiting offices and the 40 assistants that are analyzing tape. Everyone wants to be close to the practice field for convenience. And of course everyone wants new.
Everybody else has this. We instead operate out of cramped spaces in the bowels of Ben Hill Griffin and scattered elsewhere. We've remodeled but it doesn't compare to what the competition has.

So it needs to be built but the UAA has been dragging their feet on the timetable. Kelly is forcing them to shyt or get off the pot. He wants it done allegedly by 2019 I assume by FALL 2019. I don't even know if that's possible. But it involves, I assume, more than just Stricky so a lot of other departments (Board of Trustees, etc.) have to be in agreement.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Because that is what people around here think coaches worry about. Of course in the real world coaches are worried about things like their salary and perks, the job requirements, non-interference from the AD, what they can pay assistants, etc.
Kelly worries about a lot of sh*t other coaches never even thought of.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
It's not panic time for the Gators.

The Vols on the other hand, they're realizing they're not getting Gruden. It's a meltdown over on Volnation.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
A buddy of mine that is friends with one of the players that is walking around in a boot, said he over heard one of the bull-Gators talking about bringing on Butch Jones as a life coach and recruiting coordinator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.