Its panic time!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Publix will seem like the starship enterprise after shopping at Starkville grocery stores.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Publix will seem like the starship enterprise after shopping at Starkville grocery stores.
l.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I said 3 ago that Kelly had agreed in principle with UF......At the time I was pretty confident it would happen.....Now I'm hearing that Chip is irritated. I guess Foley in his old age hid the checkbook after hiring Muschamp and now can't remember where he put it....:headslap:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said 3 ago that Kelly had agreed in principle with UF......At the time I was pretty confident it would happen.....Now I'm hearing that Chip is irritated. I guess Foley in his old age hid the checkbook after hiring Muschamp and now can't remember where he put it....:headslap:

Irritated over what?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think the problem is that likely all elements of that were, and now are, overstated. Deals don't happen over night, especially in a high profile case and with the vetting that needed to take place. So it probably was never "done". And while the upgrades and budget are more than likely a sticking point, I think these rumors that he's now "irritated" is probably just as much overdone.

I'm just as frustrated as anyone that I may be spending the next week checking my phone every few minutes. But I don't buy into the extremes of this situation.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Join the club or I will join your club. That would be one hell of a way for Stricknine to start his career as Ad at UF. Hiring Cousin Eddie, receive a zillion emails from many of us saying we will not attend a game with Cousin Eddie as coach, then show up next season to an empty stadium. It will look like a scrotUM home game with so many people dressed as empty seats.

I have a cousin Eddie. He's about three years older than me.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have been holding out hope that the new AD and the booster club know we need something of significant substance for 8 years now. If it comes out that they F'ed up a homerun hire...man, I cannot tell you how disappointed I will be with UF. I already withhold my money from a program that has accepted mediocrity for a long time given the possibilities that are "UF." I would hate to move fully into, "This **** isn't worth my time attitude." Mullen would be a very catalyst for that conversion.

Gator Football is ALWAYS worth my time.

Besides, we are not privy to any negotiations between UF and Kelly. We don't know if there IS a hangup, we don't know if Kelly wants the earth, the moon, and all the stars. We don't know if he has made irrational demands that we cannot meet. We don't know if they are close, we don't know if they are far apart. We don't ANYTHING, and we may NEVER know anything. So all we can do is wait and speculate.

One thing I think - people are more prone to post to message boards when bad things happen, when there is extreme angst. Let's say Kelly IS hired, and everything goes fine. I bet the number of posts on this board will drop dramatically.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Gator Football is ALWAYS worth my time.

Besides, we are not privy to any negotiations between UF and Kelly. We don't know if there IS a hangup, we don't know if Kelly wants the earth, the moon, and all the stars. We don't know if he has made irrational demands that we cannot meet. We don't know if they are close, we don't know if they are far apart. We don't ANYTHING, and we may NEVER know anything. So all we can do is wait and speculate.

One thing I think - people are more prone to post to message boards when bad things happen, when there is extreme angst. Let's say Kelly IS hired, and everything goes fine. I bet the number of posts on this board will drop dramatically.
So you are saying it's to Ox's benefit to keep things hanging.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is not coming here...didn't you hear, it's a lateral move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator