Jacksonville Jaguars clinch first playoff berth since 2007

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Even without Fournette, they certainly looked good today vs.the Luck-less Colts. Still remains to be seen if they can win a game on home turf. All four wins this season have been away from The Bank.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Colts could sign some guys off the street to do a better job as a line.

I felt bad for Jacoby, he was getting hammered relentlessly. If I’m the Colts I’m seriously considering holding Luck out the entire year, he won’t survive this year.

That said, Jags DL is unbelievable :)

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm a jags fan, but a team going 9-7 is not good. It is nice progress from where they were. If this team is going to compete in the playoffs, we need a QB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They have a great defense, I'll give them that. TEN sacks, partially because they have the best secondary in the NFL.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a jags fan, but a team going 9-7 is not good. It is nice progress from where they were. If this team is going to compete in the playoffs, we need a QB.

9-7 would be wonderful for a team that’s consistently losing 10+ games. They need to have a winning season.

Plus, there are plenty of QBs they could trade for that would be a boost (McCarron, Garappolo for example).

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Their old coach was a joke. But they have added a few important pieces, and promising rookies have grown into full grown men. That said, had the old coach...touchy, feely, life's lessons...Gus still been around I'm not sure they would have won a single game. The new guy is tough-old school, knows what he's doing, and actually answers questions without coach-speak.

Is there a message there?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Your opinion of “good” is pretty worthless. You were nutswinging on Mac up until about 2 weeks ago,

El oh el. You’re the CNN of this board with all your made up lies. Keep it up :thumbup:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
People still watch the NFL?

I happen to watch the beginning and turned it off when, I believe, the Colts head coach made one of the most moronic, Buttersesque decisions I have ever seen. Please correct me if I am wrong, but a Jaquar receiver caught a pass, was running toward the pylon of the endzone at an angle. While in the air and before any part of his body touched out of bounds, the Jaquar receiver reaches the ball out for the goal line and clearly loses control of the ball before it crosses the goal line. The ball bounces into the end zone and then out of bounds in the end zone, creating a touchback I thought. However the refs ruled that he stepped out in the field of play before fumbling, I think, which he clearly did not. The TV cameras kept showing the Colts head coach and whether he would throw the challenge flag. He did not and the announcers were saying the it was a catch b/c he took 2 steps and made a football play. All the while I am saying it was a fumble and that was not mentioned. did I miss something? If not, that single play solidified the outcome and the Colts HC as a Butters clone!!!!

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I happen to watch the beginning and turned it off when, I believe, the Colts head coach made one of the most moronic, Buttersesque decisions I have ever seen. Please correct me if I am wrong, but a Jaquar receiver caught a pass, was running toward the pylon of the endzone at an angle. While in the air and before any part of his body touched out of bounds, the Jaquar receiver reaches the ball out for the goal line and clearly loses control of the ball before it crosses the goal line. The ball bounces into the end zone and then out of bounds in the end zone, creating a touchback I thought. However the refs ruled that he stepped out in the field of play before fumbling, I think, which he clearly did not. The TV cameras kept showing the Colts head coach and whether he would throw the challenge flag. He did not and the announcers were saying the it was a catch b/c he took 2 steps and made a football play. All the while I am saying it was a fumble and that was not mentioned. did I miss something? If not, that single play solidified the outcome and the Colts HC as a Butters clone!!!!

I think all scoring plays are reviewed so he didn't need to throw a challenge.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think all scoring plays are reviewed so he didn't need to throw a challenge.

He did not score, that is the whole point of throwing the challenge flag. The ball was marked at like the 2 yd. line.

BTW love the avatar. Dog is awesome

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He did not score, that is the whole point of throwing the challenge flag. The ball was marked at like the 2 yd. line.

BTW love the avatar. Dog is awesome

Don’t think the ball went out of the endzone. Went out at the 1/2 yard line or so. Plus, any angle they had was impossible to see and wouldn’t be overturned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb