Jacksonville Jaguars clinch first playoff berth since 2007

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A nole and a gator working together. Nothing could churn my stomach more. Still, go jags. Only defense to allow under 150 points. Well done.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ok I need to vent. Jag fans, did you see how Freaking boneheaded our coaching staff was today? Holy cow, I feel like I was watching a Nuss lead offense.

The fact we threw the ball on second down on our own 10 with under a minute left had me pulling my hair out. I’m absolutey baffled that our coaching staff would give the game away like that.

With that said, being 7-4 and tied for 1st place is unexpected so I guess I can’t be too mad.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Fine and suspend that piece of trash Bennett for trying to injure Linder. Good job by our boys to stay composed.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Three generations going next week. Me, my son, and grandson. He's six. First NFL game. Really, really good seats.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My grandson is really into Gators and Jags. We were worried it was too soon to take him to big sporting events. But at age five, we relented and took him to a Gator basketball game. The game was a blow out and to beat the crowd we wanted to bail with 3 minutes left. He would have none of it. He wanted to stay till the bitter end. His eyes were big as saucers the whole game. And, yes we stayed.

Now that Florida football might be watchable, that's next.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The Jaguars would really be scary if they had a good qb.

Can you imagine if Wilson was our QB.....

Total destruction of the league would ensue.

We could also use a marquee receiver. I like the WR corps we have. But we need that one guy that demands double coverage every play and puts the fear of God in DBs and DCs. My guess is they'll go hard in this area in the draft and free agency.

This team has figured out how to compensate for Bortles by making big plays on special teams and defense. It's actually taken pressure off him and his numbers have improved as a result. I only saw one really bad throw and several nice ones, particularly the two TDs.

Fournette ran like a true NFL back today. Very tough and practical. Been waiting for that. Sealing it on 3rd and 11 was beautiful.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Bortles is doing a better job of protecting the ball this season. At least he is not losing games as he has done in the past. I am still not sold on him when he has to win a game with his passing. But it is hard to argue with 9-4. It has been a long, long. long time.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Bortles is doing a better job of protecting the ball this season. At least he is not losing games as he has done in the past. I am still not sold on him when he has to win a game with his passing. But it is hard to argue with 9-4. It has been a long, long. long time.

He screwed up big time vs the Cardinals. But it wasn't all on him. The coaches' play calling went into the dumps there too.

As long as the offensive staff is calling a good game Jax is stout, especially with a lead. But, when they lose their feel for the game, Bortles really doesn't improvise well and we are vulnerable. With the right plays sent in, he can make the throws. He did today.

We had the edge in the run game and on defense. They had the better QB but our WRs made more gutty catches and our DBs played even with Wilson. He burned them but they pulled three pics and sacked one of the most elusive QBs in the game on big downs. Best Jags defense ever. Hope they can keep this band together.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bortles has played well this year while missing his #1 and #2 WRs, and playing much of the year down 2 starters on the OL. There have been a lot of drops this year specifically in the Cardinals game, but our young WRs have picked it up as of late

I’m thrilled with how Bortles and the rest of the O has been playing lately, and hope they keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.