Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought about titling it this:

Jacob Copeland: UF Offense Sucks Ballssss

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Can't blame him. Maybe this reality will help Mac realize nuss needs to pack up and go yesterday.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This is more conjecture from the bama beat writer than anything Copeland said. Copeland did say when he committed that he would be taking other visits.

Jacob Copeland still considering Alabama

Jacob Copeland, a 4-star wide receiver from Escambia High School (Pensacola, Fla.), wasn’t expected in Tuscaloosa over the weekend for Alabama’s game against Colorado State, but there he was on the Tide’s sideline wearing a crimson-colored visor to support the team.

Copeland, the nation’s No. 7 wide receiver in the 2018 class, committed to Florida over Alabama in an SEC Country exclusive video back in August. Copeland told SEC Country on Monday night that he hasn’t completely shut down his recruitment.

“Always gotta leave your options open,” Copeland said. “You never know what could happen at any given moment.”

What does that exactly mean? Well, he has some concerns with how Florida’s offense has looked so far in its first two games. He mentioned how the Gators have struggled to score and the quarterback play being “wishy-washy.”

“All I can do is wait out the season and go from there,” Copeland said. “I committed to UF because they were there first and stayed with me. But, at the same time, I got to do what’s best for me at the end of the day. I haven’t lost interest in ‘Bama. That’s why I made my way down [there].”

The Under Armour All-American said the entire Alabama staff is hitting him up on a daily basis. He also said he talks to coach Nick Saban frequently, too.

When Copeland committed to Florida, I said that his recruitment would not be over. He’s just a kid who likes going on visits and the attention that comes with being one of the nation’s best 50 high school football players.

I don’t think he’ll change his commitment from Florida, but his recruitment should definitely be closely watched because of how bad Florida’s offense has looked. Florida is currently ranked 122nd out of 130 FBS schools in total offense. The team also has more defensive touchdowns than passing touchdowns in its two games. That’s not ideal for a top receiver.

It’s also interesting how Copeland visited Tuscaloosa for the Colorado State game instead of Gainesville for Florida’s game against one of its biggest rivals in Tennessee. The Gators had a lot of their top targets on campus for one of their biggest recruiting weekends of the season.

Copeland is one of Alabama’s top slot receiver targets along with Jaylen Waddle and Justin Watkins.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's inevitable. You can only keep selling empty promises for so long.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's inevitable. You can only keep selling empty promises for so long.
empty promises exactly why most coaches have great first or second year recruiting. they don't have a track record yet that can be used against them. butters apparently thought he didn't need to recruit and that recruits would come to him, and so we squandered this.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone not expect this to happen? Can't wait to see the meltdown when Corral decommits

I don't think that will be a problem.

Here's his stat line from Friday night:

Quarterback Matt Corral (6-2, 196, Long Beach, CA. Poly)

Result: Long Beach Poly (2-1) lost to Mission Viejo 12-7 on Friday.

Game Stats: Corral was 13-26 with four interceptions.

Notes: Long Beach Poly is 2-1 on the year.

:stirpot:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just the beginning. Let's see how it plays out after 12 games of shcitty offense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
60% of SEC Country thinks this kid has no clue.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure which would have been worse, for him to watch a game or one of Mac's press conferences.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think that will be a problem.

Here's his stat line from Friday night:

Quarterback Matt Corral (6-2, 196, Long Beach, CA. Poly)

Result: Long Beach Poly (2-1) lost to Mission Viejo 12-7 on Friday.

Game Stats: Corral was 13-26 with four interceptions.

Notes: Long Beach Poly is 2-1 on the year.

:stirpot:

Of course no one would dare to post that stat line. He's human? No way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator