Jacob Guy as our Starting QB?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n202833 said:
Ive never claimed I thought grier was some stud, the most Ive said is I hope he lives up to the bill or that he's at least better than harris. And yes, the info that we have to go off so far doesnt sound impressive, large sample size or not. If you have more info please share, otherwise my opinion remains the same :proud:

Well I just read an article this morning that said despite reports of a close QB competition, and a grass roots movement to anoint Guy as the front runner, that Grier was clearly distancing himself as the starter. So we really don't know. I guess his observation is a valid as the guy who mentioned Grier threw a couple into the dirt.

I really don't care who wins the job. If Guy won it that would be a great story line, so great. It really doesn't matter to me. I just think a blanket statement basically saying that he was an over hyped, redshirt fresh, who all too often throws it into the dirt, is a bit much. Considering your current belief that he throws it into the dirt too much came from one comment, made from one reporter, during one small window, of one single spring practice.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
maheo30;n202905 said:
Harris very well could be the guy. Manziel was a boob and he won a Heisman. My preference is tall, strong-armed pocket passers. That is what I like. But quarterbacks who can run around and throw it like Harris can do a lot of damage in the college game. I don't see Harris changing positions as all like someone mentioned. He can start somewhere. He'll transfer before changing positions. Look at Tyler Murphy. He started for BC and Treon is miles ahead of him.

:tickle: :rainbow:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n202956 said:
I should have thought that sentence through a little more before I typed it. :backout:

Fitting that you used this: :backout:

............................. Only it should read "slowly walks back...into the closet."

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n202906 said:
Well I just read an article this morning that said despite reports of a close QB competition, and a grass roots movement to anoint Guy as the front runner, that Grier was clearly distancing himself as the starter. So we really don't know. I guess his observation is a valid as the guy who mentioned Grier threw a couple into the dirt.

I really don't care who wins the job. If Guy won it that would be a great story line, so great. It really doesn't matter to me. I just think a blanket statement basically saying that he was an over hyped, redshirt fresh, who all too often throws it into the dirt, is a bit much. Considering your current belief that he throws it into the dirt too much came from one comment, made from one reporter, during one small window, of one single spring practice.

Attachments

• conv_2899.jpg
    conv_2899.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 23

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
maheo30;n202798 said:
It is impossible to know whether this is coach speak to push Grier and Harris or if this is reality. Only time will tell. I like him better as our starter than Treon.

Mac recently bragged on Morningwegh (sp?). Interesting that direct praise from the coach doesn't get comment, but the article does. Does all o;f this just mean that we don't have a QB?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n202906 said:

The Jacob Guy story is a non-story created by a young, punk-ass writer who asked Mac a direct question about Guy toward the end of Monday's presser. In Mac's original remarks about the QB's during Saturday's scrimmage he only spoke of Grier and Morningwoodweg, no mention of J. Guy. It is on Gatorzone video, watch it for yourself and ignore the so-called "writers" who just spin for page hits.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter to me who the Guy is. As long as he wins. If he is the Guy, then great.

FatCatG8r

Aug 10, 2014
Is he climbing the "Jacob's" ladder? Could he be the next Kerwin Bell. The throwin' Mayoan. P to the 4th has prototypical pocket passer size, great high school stats with playoff success and seems to be doing better in practice than any of the other QBs according to unofficial reports. It will be interesting to see if he gets meaningful snaps in the O and B scrimmage-like game.

In Ox's verbiage: Discuss.

P to the 4th referred to my designation of Guy in my thread title as the Past Pasco Pirate Passer. A moniker of sorts like the "Throwin' Mayoan". I know it ain't that great, but was the best I could come up with.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FatCatG8r;n206756 said:
I

P to the 4th referred to my designation of Guy in my thread title as the Past Pasco Pirate Passer. A moniker of sorts like the "Throwin' Mayoan". I know it ain't that great, but was the best I could come up with.

I think the board consensus for a nickname is "Jack-Knob Gay." Pretty much everyone is calling him that now.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n206844 said:
I think the board consensus for a nickname is "Jack-Knob Gay." Pretty much everyone is calling him that now.

Yep.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well if he does become the starter and with our Oline, they might be calling him Gutsy Guy, for time after time hanging in the (collapsing) pocket to find the open receiver, picking himself back up after getting creamed from an untouched rusher and immediately focusing on the next play.

With our depth and inexperience at Oline, we will probably have played at least 3 quarterbacks at some point of the season due to the others getting banged up, so in one way, it is good to hear that he might actually be as good as the others.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n207311 said:

I thought so.....I remember him dropping down the depth chart at QB when SOS came in, but Lex hung around and played LB and SOS respected the heck out of him as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb