Jalen Tabor and C'yontai Lewis suspended for Week 1

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We know Teez likes to talk. I'm pretty confident his mouth was involved in this.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I guess Tabor's ready for the NFL. NFL coaches like it when their players get in fights in preseason camp - gets guys fired up and ready to play their best. I guess Mac's not ready for the NFL yet.
:mac:

Yeah, I guess one positive is that it was an offensive player vs defensive player fighting. To Tabor's point, stuff like that happens in pre-season camp. If it was a couple of players from the same side of the ball scrapping with each other I would be more concerned. I'll also admit that I don't know how severe a fight this was but Tabor's tweet makes it seem rather ordinary. It does suck that they can't practice with the team. That seems a little silly to me.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I don't think Tabor can practice cause his head looks like and MMA fighter that got his butt kicked.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since playing in the game is the reward for having practiced all week, wouldn't their practicing all
sweaty week yet not allowed to play, not allowed in the stadium for first game = wouldn't that be a
more impactful punishment. If these guys can go against each other in practice.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I get that we want players with a mean streak, but I'd like our guys to keep their cool when it matters. Baker in noxville comes to mind.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A general question. And maybe it's a question for you guys that played at the college level (I'm looking at you Sas). Isn't there a different punishment that would be more effective other than a game suspension? Running stadium steps or whatever? Or make your squad run steps. Would these guys think twice about screwing up if not only they paid the price but if they knew their buddies were going to pay. So if Tabor screws up he knows all the db's will have to run steps with him. Would that be more effective. I don't know but at that age I really wasn't to concerned about myself but letting all my buddies down would give me pause for thought.
My coach was that type of coach. If one person in the unit messed up, the whole unit was punished. There was a time in high school, and I don't remember the circumstances, but I did something to get myself in hot water, and literally the entire team did up downs while I stood there and had to count them off. I was absolutely devastated, and I'm fairly certain I was in tears by the end of it. Effective punishment if you ask me. However, you have to take into account I wasn't a selfish assh*le and I cared deeply for my teammates, which probably isn't the case with a lot of players these days.

Every coach does it differently, but I like the team punishment better than the individual punishment. I think it lends itself to better accountability among teammates. I'm honestly kind of surprised Tabor is suspended given what we know about the whoopin' Lewis gave him, so he had to have instigated it pretty badly.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have all known Tabor is a thug for awhile..he is a good ball player but will be glad when he's gone. Never have liked big mouth players.

Out of curiosity, how does being loudmouthed make someone a thong?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's the chances it knocked some sense into Tabor...:scratchchin:

Not sure what "sense" he needs knocked into him. He is the best player on the team and has actually represented UF well in NY and on national media. Yes... he sometimes gives his opinion on social issues and sometimes makes poor statements, but he is a kid, so he will learn, but I'd prefer to have him the way he is because part of what makes him so great on the field is his personality.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Not sure what "sense" he needs knocked into him. He is the best player on the team and has actually represented UF well in NY and on national media. Yes... he sometimes gives his opinion on social issues and sometimes makes poor statements, but he is a kid, so he will learn, but I'd prefer to have him the way he is because part of what makes him so great on the field is his personality.

He can play yes..never have doubted that, but he's an azz who could learn a lesson in humility from Vernon. That's just me. Old school way of thinking in that let your play on the field talk for you. Some of the greatest players ever hardly said a word. But again, that's just MHO...

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm hoping Lewis swung Tabor's head into a helmet, or something like that. If Lewis actually swung his helmet at Tabor's unprotected head I believe he would be given more time off than Tabor, if not let go altogether.

Anyone that has played the game knows
how much a helmet hurts. Other parts of
the protective gear are forgiving. A helmet
is like a rock. It can hurt you big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.