Jalen Tabor busted with pot

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad this was announced after media days. All the questions would have been about this.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hello Duke Dawson / Brian Poole to the starting lineup

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I personally don't think this will affect Tabor's chances to start. It was already announced he has no further consequences. I think he might be beat out by Dawson anyways though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n13992 said:
I personally don't think this will affect Tabor's chances to start. It was already announced he has no further consequences. I think he might be beat out by Dawson anyways though.
I don't think Dawson will beat him out. I think Dawson is going to be a really good football player. But he hasn't played against a qb that can actually throw. I know Dawson has worked out with Ratliff and is getting good reviews but tabor is taller and more tested in actual game situations.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that Tabor has the better physical attributes, and I give him a 70% chance of starting week 1. I do think work ethic and the apparent less off the field issues might give Dawson a chance.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he was only cited and not taken in to custody and arrested. So would that mean we still have no arrests??? Just sayin'.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
THIS is why we can't afford to have a guy like JC Jackson convert to Wide Receiver. -_- I don't think Jalen is an idiot for smoking weed. I DO think he's an idiot for not knowing better. Hopefully, he's not on the Janoris Jenkins trajectory. Screw your head on and stay away from the green, kid. If you wanna make millions in 3-4 years, is it really that big of a sacrifice?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n14043 said:
If he was only cited and not taken in to custody and arrested. So would that mean we still have no arrests??? Just sayin'.

According to those lists we probably don't. He was just given a notice to appear and is now in a pre-trial diversion program that will make the charge go away if he completes it.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
A citation is not an arrest so yeah we still have no arrests

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n14072 said:
According to those lists we probably don't. He was just given a notice to appear and is now in a pre-trial diversion program that will make the charge go away if he completes it.

That's what I thought. Even though technically but still don't need any brushes with the Law. It's been a good offseason and I'm sure he's gonna (or already has) receive and arse chewing and perhaps a broken chair or two.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's always pot with this program. I guess I've always been the exception to that rule. I'm 30 and have never done it or even had a desire.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
Gator Fever;n14072 said:

That's what I thought. Even though technically but still don't need any brushes with the Law. It's been a good offseason and I'm sure he's gonna (or already has) receive and arse chewing and perhaps a broken chair or two.
I believe he missed some practice time, which gave Dawson an advantage. They were so close that any advantage could make the difference in who starts. Tabor is the more gifted, physically, of the two. Dawson is a very hard worker and learns quickly. I look for them to split time, until one separates himself from the others. The loser will still play a lot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n14054 said:
THIS is why we can't afford to have a guy like JC Jackson convert to Wide Receiver. -_-

I agree. Way more important to have a third string DB than have the possibility of an occasional forward pass.

Offense is way overrated.

i'm glad Mushcamp has been listening to your sage advise.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
Gator Fever;n14072 said:

That might explain the articles saying Dawson was said to be ahead of him right now.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen where there have been talks about moving him to WR but I'll take your word for it. We are very young at the DB position this year, and if you make a guy change positions it takes at least a year for a full learning curve. I don't see a converted freshman starting over D Rob, Dunbar, Debose, Fulwood, or even Chris Thompson. IMO we need all our DBs this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tabor must avoid breaking any federal or state laws and county or municipal ordinances for six months. In addition, he must pay $100 in prosecution fees to the Office of the State Attorney and donate $150 to Project Payback or serve 12 hours of community service in order to have the charge dismissed.

L1ILMefZsltBAAVuf2zgkishFI3sQBgGHJFYunshHA8sVirudAS77bPCg6RSyxOAAMAJI5bEktnfO2CaxNLqDbW72PZX7cIK6 huWQKADCsuCixXIWSWHrcNzmphZVMeNcHANwJiQUAAGpAYgEAgBqQWAAAoAYkFgAAqAGJBQAAakBiAQCAGpBYAACgBiQWAACoAYkFAABqQGIBAIAakFgAAKAGJBYAAKgBiQUAAGpAYgEAgBqQWAAAoAYkFgAAqAGJBQAAavhfFhHFzYD8S7oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2014/7...ted-marijuana-possession-deferred-prosecution

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n14092 said:
I agree. Way more important to have a third string DB than have the possibility of an occasional forward pass.

Offense is way overrated.

i'm glad Mushcamp has been listening to your sage advise.

As you know, Tabor is expected to be a starter this year opposite Hargreaves. If this kid can't keep his head out the clouds, all of a sudden, our depth at CB doesn't look as promising. It's a lot to ask for a True Freshman to come in and be a key contributor, but if you've been following this kid, he has the talent to be as good as VHIII or Janoris Jenkins when they were Freshmen. I would put JC Jackson in the same category. Sooner or later, the kid will be a difference maker on whichever side of the ball he ends up on. Not sure how you concluded that I don't think we need playmakers (I assume the coaching staff has been working to address that since last season ended), but don't pretend like having a bunch of talented DBs is a bad idea. Expect to see at least 5 DBs on the field for the majority of our defensive snaps next year. Depth at DB is more important now than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.