Jameis Winston is a role model?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Himey;n38419 said:
According to Winston in his interview with Herbstreit, Winston believes himself to be a role model.

Either he is unapologetic for his behavior or he is truly THAT stupid. Anybody else catch that this morning?

Didn't see that (thankfully). Did Herbie even challenge that statement? Did he ask any questions about being a role model while the stories of all the run-ins with the law were piling up? I've never liked f$u, but my distaste for them is at an all-time high. Didn't think that was possible after booby retired, but jimbo and rapies have managed to pull it off.

:nole:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No he didn't, but then again I wouldn't expect Herbie to, seems he has a massive man crush.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
Jenny On The Railroad;n38482 said:
He is both,. However the dominant trait is he is a Class A narcissist, imo..Intellect or lack of it is not the prime factor. I am not talking narcissist traits, narcissist personality. I mean character disorder type narcissist. Therefore lying to others and having no conscience is just who he is. People like this are good at lying to themselves, rationalizing behavior to fit their ideals of themselves, and compartmentalizing various contradictory actions and values without having inner conflict. If he does this, he can actually delude himself into buying his own lies. OTOH, it doesn't preclude intending to lie either, to meet his needs and goal. I think the disorder is a self protective reaction to early trauma and beliefs about self that are undeserved, ( at least often), but the defense mechanism and being so internally cut off from parts of self, ironically leads to actually doing horrible things to others and an inability to empathize although that can be faked. .

images
LOL

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator commented
08-30-2014, 10:30 PM

I was thinking legit psychopath but that'll work too. How about with Herbstreet he said he didn't have to measure up to himself from last year cause he is even better! This kid is something.

not sure of clinical difference. There are a lot of similarities I think- a lot. Re the 2nd sentence. Huge egos, inflated,. and entitled, arrogant, superior feeling ( sometimes hidden for stretches behind personable facade). OTOH, life is also about avoiding feeling like a piece of crap and or being aware of that part of self , although it doesn't show usually. Generating and trying to maintain some kind of self rewarding emotion can be a struggle, despite appearances to others, as there is a void of ability for depth of emotion Great actors, which he does not seem to be.. Maybe he is a psychopath- but I tended to think they are really intelligent

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
Himey;n38419 said:
According to Winston in his interview with Herbstreit, Winston believes himself to be a role model.

Either he is unapologetic for his behavior or he is truly THAT stupid. Anybody else catch that this morning?

He is both,. However the dominant trait is he is a Class A narcissist, imo..Intellect or lack of it is not the prime factor. I am not talking narcissist traits, narcissist personality. I mean character disorder type narcissist. Therefore lying to others and having no conscience is just who he is. People like this are good at lying to themselves, rationalizing behavior to fit their ideals of themselves, and compartmentalizing various contradictory actions and values without having inner conflict. If he does this, he can actually delude himself into buying his own lies. OTOH, it doesn't preclude intending to lie either, to meet his needs and goal. I think the disorder is a self protective reaction to early trauma and beliefs about self that are undeserved, ( at least often), but the defense mechanism and being so internally cut off from parts of self, ironically leads to actually doing horrible things to others and an inability to empathize although that can be faked. .
aka,
Condolences. And congratulations for being free from the soul killing insanity of it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n39171 said:
No he didn't, but then again I wouldn't expect Herbie to, seems he has a massive man crush.

He sure does, :nutswinger:

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Winston is a role model on how to be a POS!

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
GatorSkin;n38452 said:
Wow sadly their are probably kids that do look up to that piece of ****.
And some of those kids are Nole chicas who pass off the whole incident as consensual sex gone bad due to inebriation. I know a few of the girls who go to FSU from my area of Florida and the ones I know seem like awesome girls yet this is how they think about this incident. I am amazed that winning a national title is more important than the alleged sexual assault committed against one of their fellow Nole chicas and the looking to other way by the Tallahassee PD. Shameful. And the avoidance of the Winston alleged rape by the Tally police only makes Winston look more guilty than he already is.

On a side note it's a good thing the alleged victim left FSU because something terrible might have happened to her by now. The sad thing is it's almost like she was kicked out of school and she was actually there for a real education.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512 said:
GatorSkin;n38452 said:
And some of those kids are Nole chicas who pass off the whole incident as consensual sex gone bad due to inebriation. I know a few of the girls who go to FSU from my area of Florida and the ones I know seem like awesome girls yet this is how they think about this incident. I am amazed that winning a national title is more important than the alleged sexual assault committed against one of their fellow Nole chicas and the looking to other way by the Tallahassee PD. Shameful. And the avoidance of the Winston alleged rape by the Tally police only makes Winston look more guilty than he already is.

On a side note it's a good thing the alleged victim left FSU because something terrible might have happened to her by now. The sad thing is it's almost like she was kicked out of school and she was actually there for a real education.
After the way the school, the police, and the media treated her, she basically was.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512 said:
GatorSkin;n38452 said:

Get an avatar. And welcome back!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Guys with consistent run-ins with the law should not be role models. Sadly, he is. I mean, this is a society that views Kim Kardashian is a role model. :cry:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Thanks Ox. I can't believe so many from the other board are here. I will find an avatar. I recently googled Gator message boards and found this. I was shocked the other one was shut down.

D78, I wish the girls parents would sue FSU over their daughters treatment it's outrageous the way it all went down. I would say the same thing if a similar incident happened at UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.