James Robinson career over due to heart condition

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This may be big, but he's only had like one week of practice total...so it may be good if he's cleared for the bye week

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Sounds great, but how long has it been since he practiced? Could he possibly see the field against UGA?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Could be fortuitous...but I look at
Callaway - likely gone from credit card scam
Cleveland - injured, back when and at what capacity?
Toney - injured, back when and at what capacity?
Remaining WR - proven to be unproven, no standouts

...and I ask if there is any desperation within the staff pushing him back into eligibility. Color me doubtful of the reasons and reality behind this. I hope the kid can play, more for him than for us as we are a lost cause for the season....and if so, maybe for him a redshirt is best at this point?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No way he plays this season. But hopefully he's healthy and can play next season....and he stops smoking weed!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, this changes everything. We're back, baby!

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Cleveland was on the field vs aTm.

I wonder if they would burn a redshirt for JR more than halfway through the season......I bet his parents are being consulted.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If he can help this offense score some points, then burn the redshirt. If he's as good as advertised he's only gonna be here 2 more years anyways.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If he can help this offense score some points, then burn the redshirt. If he's as good as advertised he's only gonna be here 2 more years anyways.

I hate to make light of his situation, but...

He's not the only one who is getting heart problems from this team.

Ugghh...that joke sucked. Sorry Chatternation.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No way he plays this season. But hopefully he's healthy and can play next season....and he stops smoking weed!

No point in burning his RS at this point in the season. Save him for our next coach for the following season :grin:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

The last part is the key. Why redshirt this guy IF he can help you now. He may very well not make it 3 years not to mention 5 years at UF. So there is little downside to not redshirting him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No point in burning his RS at this point in the season. Save him for our next coach for the following season :grin:

If we have to redshirt him, then we're in trouble. We shouldn't have to red shirt any receivers. If it takes them five years to be effective, then we are recruiting the wrong kids.

Now for those positions where weight gain is a necessity: DT. OL. DE. - a red shirt would make sense.

And of course at QB.

But not WR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb