James Robinson career over due to heart condition

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If we have to redshirt him, then we're in trouble. We shouldn't have to red shirt any receivers. If it takes them five years to be effective, then we are recruiting the wrong kids.

Now for those positions where weight gain is a necessity: DT. OL. DE. - a red shirt would make sense.

And of course at QB.

But not WR.

I’m saying I’d rather have 4 years of him under a competent staff. It was more of a joke anyway...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
His heart problems so cleared he's full go on the field? As "off-duty" as he's been wouldn't rushing him out there put at risk for typical injuries i.e. ankles, hamstrings, ACL,MCL??

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
If he's as good as we hope, the redshirt quandary may be moot.

With that being said, I'm leaning more towards redshirting. I have ZERO expectations for this season so I don't really see a positive to him playing.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Forget a redshirt. Better get what you can out of him before he inevitably screws up again. We could use the help even if it's all 9 routes all the time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Forget a redshirt. Better get what you can out of him before he inevitably screws up again. We could use the help even if it's all 9 routes all the time.

This. We're not really in "plan for next year" shape right now. Give him 2 weeks of preparation and unleash against uga. At this point, there is no tomorrow.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
He is 6'4", he's got size on any DB we will face. Kelvin Benjamin that crap. If some of our receivers were anywhere near his size we'd have more receptions like on Hammond's deep route against A&M or Massey against UT. Put it up and let him get it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I vote redshirt. Seems safer for him to get toughening up training. Get in the early training-practicing with his teammates (new ones included) = Franks, Corral, etc. Also maybe have more competency on staff.

Anyways. from his senior highlight films:
1) he has excellent hands -- snags it.
2) throw his way, he claims it.
3) has top speed, good vision for cutbacks
4) very good downfield blocker
5) breaks it on the end around & sometimes throws it
6) sure tackler (as a DB)
7) on O or D expects to make the play
8) another Cleveland perhaps better all around

Glad to have him line up sharing with Cleveland at driving DBs loopy.... next year.
Davis, Cleveland, Robinson, Toney ohh myy. Who else... oh & not Nuss.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We could have Jerry Rice coming...it ain’t gonna make a lick of difference.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
With his heart issues who knows what kind of training he's been doing if any? I can't imagine he in shape for football let along ready to start hitting. Like Rog says, he's at risk of injury if he's not in shape to be out there. You don't want to tear a guy's knee up or shred his hamstring because you needed a couple of catches.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well....

asian-crying.gif

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I should've known at this point, that nothing positive was gonna come out of this season. Hopefully his test comes back good and we get a glimpse of him in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.