James Robinson Out Due to Heart Issues

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Could be a big blow if it shows up worse than expected; regardless, have to feel for the young man but if it's real bad, at least they caught it early before something worse

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Wow, hopefully if it does turn out to be a heart defect or whatever, glad they were able to catch it before something happens to the guy. I guess if serious enough could be end of his career. Wonder how this has never shown up before if he's been in sports his whole life? Seems like I have heard similar stories over the years like this.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody else see Mac using this in the same way that chump used injuries in 2013?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes heart issues are nothing to be messing with, but it might resolve as something not that serious. Where are our doctor posters?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Wow, hopefully if it does turn out to be a heart defect or whatever, glad they were able to catch it before something happens to the guy. I guess if serious enough could be end of his career. Wonder how this has never shown up before if he's been in sports his whole life? Seems like I have heard similar stories over the years like this.

High school physicals are not any where near what Shands can and should do. Nobody wants a player to say die while playing or be carted off with a heart issue.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
High school physicals are not any where near what Shands can and should do. Nobody wants a player to say die while playing or be carted off with a heart issue.

Wonder if he always had symptoms of something wrong before, just no one thought it was this serious, so it was never followed up.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good grief, said injury, but i wonder if it's connected to the investigation.
I guess it could be.

@GrahamHall_: Full McElwain quote about injury to #Gators TE DeAndre Goolsby: "Goolsby is out. I don't know when he will ever be back."

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Geez, so we're down what 11 players? I guess more when you add in injuries. Getting more and more a 2013 feel to this season.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Or it could be he got a good look at Nuss's game plan on Saturday.....

Hell, then we'll all be visiting the hospital Saturday too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Anybody else see Mac using this in the same way that chump used injuries in 2013?

Yep. Maybe not this situation alone, but the collective credit card/hurricane/opener against mich could very well be thrown back in our faces all season.

The one thing that he, WM and Zook all seem to share(aside from being subpar coaches) is that they seem almost snakebit. If something bad can happen, it will. In hist first 2 seasons, he's had a QB get popped for PED's, two others playing with serious injuries, an 18 year old top recruit with a heart concern, a major credit card fraud scandal, and 2 games moved or adjusted because of a storm(wouldn't be shocked if tenn is affected next week either).

To be clear, I'm not making excuses for him any more than I did for the others. It's just crazy to think about how many issues some guys deal with. Trouble seems to be attracted to them. In the 18 years of Spurrier and Meyer, we had one game affected by 9/11 and no memorable scandals or QB injuries. Even got a bye in time for Tim to come back from his concussion. Just seems like winners always win, and unfortunately the same holds true the other way.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is this is better than saying he's off the team or suspended for the year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On Robinson's EKG concern: He has certainly put "above normal" strain on his heart for years. So what Shand's EKG has picked up, or what more diligent eyes have spotted may not impact his football pursuits. The experts just want to rule out the more serious heart conditions that also show this particular unusual "read"? It could be an atypical route of electrical conduction, an inverted t-wave etc. that can be harmless or might be part of a more complex disorder that needs further testing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good grief, said injury, but i wonder if it's connected to the investigation.
Yeah, all the south Florida kids now out with migraines until further notice.

Weird.

I guess now we know why Goolsby and DRob didnt play.

I wonder how many more are coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.