James Robinson sighting

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, we have seen guys pulled from preseason practice before. I am not sure if the NCAA allows those not cleared to practice while still being evaluated these days.

The last information I heard on the Gators Breakdown podcast was that he'd been cleared by the NCAA a long time ago and we were waiting on UF admissions. Not the NCAA. I have no idea what the rules are regarding players that have been cleared by the NCAA but not their school's admissions office yet.:dunno:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: True freshman WR James Robinson apparently has been cleared for enrollment at Florida. He is at practice tonight.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he's too good to keep off the field! He's probably behind the curve in terms of learning the playbook coming in this late, but the guy is physically imposing at receiver. I hope he can make an impact for us this year.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Corral is going to rack up the TD's These receiver studs coming before him will make his job easier, as they will give him multiple options with 2 or more open each play

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The holdup was the NCAA after all.....

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/breaking-gators-wr-signee-james-robinson-enrolls-florida

James Robinson, Florida’s top offensive signee in the 2017 class, has enrolled at UF and joined the Gators football team.

The 4-star wide receiver from Lakeland, Fla., publicly committed to Florida on National Signing Day and gave the Gators a top-10 class.

UF made the decision to sign Robinson despite academic concerns and his January citation for marijuana. One of Robinson’s test scores was flagged by the NCAA Clearinghouse and prevented the Under Armour All-American from reporting to Florida on June 21 for the Summer B semester.

“We’re still waiting on some things to clear up on James Robinson,” UF coach Jim McElwain said this week. “I’ll let you know as soon as that happens, and we’ll move forward from there.”

Robinson has since been cleared for enrollment and his arrival Friday strengthens a Gators’ WR corps that was already considered the best unit in the SEC.

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Robinson was ranked the nation’s No. 15 wide receiver and No. 116 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb