Jarran Reed arrested for DUI

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were so close to signing this kid that my first thought was one of our DTs got arrested

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I remember his name. I doubt he will be going anywhere or missing any non joke game as that is Bama'a biggest need right now.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Found this exchange in the comments and chuckled...

John Jourdan · Top Commenter · Works at US Postal Service Can't stand Alabama and it's mostly because of the manufactured mega teams they create. They'll call Nick Saban a hall of fame coach,when really he's nothing more than a Hall of Fame recruiter who runs a recruiting factory. Keep counting National Titles,gobbling up every recruit and ask yourselves this. Did you win the right way? Did you do it with style and grace? Or did you do it by recruiting literally every top prospect so nobody else could have any in order to beat everyone else into a submission ala a bloody pulp. Show no mercy I'm sure is the motto. At the end of the day however I'll be able to look at myself in the mirror.
Reply · · 3 · 6 hours ago
  • Michael Primm · Top Commenter · Colorado Technical University So should he recruit a bunch of scrubs then get fired.
    Reply · · 3 · 6 hours ago
  • John Jourdan · Top Commenter · Works at US Postal Service Irrelevent. Think the Miami Heat for the past 4 years or the UCONN Women's basketball team. Do they win? Absolutely! Do they do it with any style and grace? Nah. Is there any predictability in what might happen most of the time with these teams? Nope. Most of the time you know they're going to wipe the floor with the opponent and it's not because these teams have great coaches. Great Recruiters? Sure,but not much else.
    Reply · · 1 · 6 hours ago
  • Channing Austin · Works at Federal government Stick to sorting mail and selling stamps John Jourdan. You are ignorant!
    Reply · · 2 · 5 hours ago

:bwahaha:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;13499 said:
I remember his name. I doubt he will be going anywhere or missing any non joke game as that is Bama'a biggest need right now.

One of our biggest needs as well...

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting comments. Kensucky recruits well...look what we did to them in basketball. Talented recruits help, no doubt. Product on the field wins. Semis got a gift, but Bama, not so much. I think Saban is a decent coach, with decent assistants, in a good system that produces teams in the hunt for championships. We were almost there, and aspire to be there, with fewer arrests and more graduates.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
3-4 SEC teams would have to get 2 of Sabin's top recruits as their 1st string players before the playing field is level as to best coaching wins. Spurrier with an equal share of Sabin's talent would defeat Sabin's teams 4 out of 6 games.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just a side-thought, but alligator army pointed out that had this player been at UF, he would have a mandatory suspension of 33% of the season. It's UF policy that if a player is charged with a DUI they must miss 33% of their sport's season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n13546 said:
Just a side-thought, but alligator army pointed out that had this player been at UF, he would have a mandatory suspension of 33% of the season. It's UF policy that if a player is charged with a DUI they must miss 33% of their sport's season.

Is that true ? I never remember a player missing more than 2 games for that. Who was our last DUI and what did he miss ?

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alligator army posted a picture of the guidebook by the UAA on twitter with that in it clearly stated. If I'm not mistaken it is a new rule.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Most recent DUI I could find not counting a walk on punter last season. If it was changed to 33% they are playing with fire as cops give those out like candy now.

"Florida WR Frankie Hammond, Jr. has been suspended for Florida's season opener on Saturday. The suspension is an extension of the punishment Hammond is already receiving after he was arrested in June on charges of DUI.

Hammond has lost his scholarship, and is currently paying his own tuition and books at UF. His indefinite suspension was lifted at the beginning of fall camp, but UF coach Urban Meyer said Thursday he will not play in Saturday's game against Miami of Ohio.
"It’s week-to-week, like I said a few months ago,'' Meyer said. “It’s being evaluated, and the same thing with his scholarship. The reason why I let you know that is because it was a public deal and a very serious deal. The good news about Frankie is he’s doing everything we ask, which you’d imagine he would.''

Hammond had been expected to compete for a starting job, and Florida receivers coach Zach Azzanni said Hammond has had an excellent fall camp.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I was referring to:

BscBEWhCMAA2Yi2.png:large

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n13724 said:
This is what I was referring to:

BscBEWhCMAA2Yi2.png:large

I wonder when that went into effect. I think a big baseball player got one this past season. I actually think that is too strict. A 1st DUI is a 2nd degree misdemeanor and should be treated like other ones are - like hitting someone etc.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. I think a 1-game suspension for a first offense should suffice for a football player. Similarly 1/12 of the season would make sense across the board.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n13731 said:
I agree. I think a 1-game suspension for a first offense should suffice for a football player. Similarly 1/12 of the season would make sense across the board.

Maybe 2 games if there is no property damage etc and other charges. 33% just sounds like too much to me.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n13737 said:
Maybe 2 games if there is no property damage etc and other charges. 33% just sounds like too much to me.

I think the 1/3 penalty is just fine. Drinking and driving is stupid and very dangerous, and I wouldn't mind at all if it were even stricter.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n13750 said:
I think the 1/3 penalty is just fine. Drinking and driving is stupid and very dangerous, and I wouldn't mind at all if it were even stricter.

Disagree on a 1st DUI with nothing else but that is too long of a discussion for here.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Carlos Dunlap missed one game, so it must be a new rule.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was the last game of his career, no?

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The 2009 sec championship game. The only one we lost that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator