Jeff Driskel

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For the Sun to let that be printed they must figure Muschamp is as good as gone. Zach did a good job there pointing out Driskel has never really done anything special the whole time he has been here.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If there was going to be a change made at QB this is the time...but Muschamp will roll with Driskel on the road in SEC. His job is on the line and he'll go with the safe route which is to start the experienced QB and rely on running the ball. We all saw/read what he said at halftime when asked about Driskel...got to run the ball more.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even Dooley let loose on them both after the game. By "let loose" I mean it was as close to a scathing article as he has ever written about them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I expect us to use a heavy dose of Taylor and Jones. With Driskel making 20-25 attempts, with one or two shots down the field. I doubt we will see a change at qb.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention the fact that almost every long throw is under thrown, that is how the defense gets back to it. Also way too much air under most of his throws. Even his TD had to be waited on by the receiver. Time for someone else to take the start against TN.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Ya, let's hope they give the freshman some work in camp these two weeks just in case when we go to knox

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n58703 said:
Ya, let's hope they give the freshman some work in camp these two weeks just in case when we go to knox

Maybe they will at least be willing to make a change at halftime if we were trailing then.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Good article. Well written, concise, good factual support, well reasoned, leads the reader to only one conclusion. A+

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our coaches have to know those stats. Could the freshmen really be worse?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The article was spot on, especially when he blows the 3 reasons myths out out the water. The tweets are great too.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is the best written and supported article I have EVER read from the Gainesville Sun. Talk about rookies (Zach) outplaying veterans (Dooley/Andreu)...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is there anybody out there that thinks we shouldn't give Treon a chance. I'm as big of a pumper as anybody else, but I also have eyes and can see what happens on the field.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing personal against Driskel and I'm sure he's a great kid. But, at the end of the day he just isn't the QB we need. He got a free education and I'm sure he has a bright future. Maybe as a baseball player, maybe in business but not as a QB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Great article, Zach. Best part:

Florida won 11 games in 2012. If Driskel doesn’t get the blame when the Gators lose, he shouldn’t get the credit when they win. Besides, he really doesn’t deserve it. UF was successful that year because of an elite defense, a play-making special teams unit and a few offensive skill players. Driskel averaged 137 yards passing per game in 2012, which didn’t put him among the top 100 national leaders. His most productive game (219 yards at Tennessee) came against a team that went 5-7, finished 114th in passing defense and fired their coach. In arguably the biggest win of Driskel’s career — a 14-6 victory over No. 4 LSU — he had 61 yards passing, rushed for one yard, didn’t score and lost a fumble. In Driskel’s six career games against top-20 teams, he’s 74-of-135 (55 percent) for 760 yards (127 yards avg.), seven touchdowns and 11 turnovers (six interceptions, five fumbles lost).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Posting an article from a sh*tty website with a sh*tty white rapper recruiting analyst. Pass.

CPAGator

Sep 7, 2014
Great article supported by the ugly facts. I am a sunshine pumper, and even I agree that something has to be done. I feel bad for Driskel and Muschamp, but business is business and sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Time to suck it up and move on. Gee, I miss the good old days of Spurrier... not afraid to take a risk, and not afraid to make a change. Tough times don't last but tough Gators do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator