Jeff Driskel

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
This isn't a surprise. Did anybody really think a change was coming. The realistic scenario is that Harris gets a lot of reps during the game and if Driskel is really bad Muschamp pulls him. What really surprised me is that he said "He knows he needs to play better and he will" ... I'm glad he has that crystal ball...

The only possible positive is the "Jeff gives us the best opportunity to win right now" Let's hope that means he is considering pulling him if he doesn't improve.
Problem with that scenario is Harris needs to get all the first team reps for the next two weeks in order to be as prepared as possible for his first SEC game, on the road, at Tennessee. Unless Muschamp is engaging in deceptive communication (doubtful) the most Harris can hope for is splitting reps - half a$$ approach by a coach that is proving to lack the decisiveness to succeed at this level.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I have took a step back and thought about the comment by Muschamp "Jeff gives us the best chance to win". Fine I am not at practice maybe Treon throws a int every other down I don't know, so if we take WM at his word then there is a bigger problem. How is it Will Muschamp has been here 3 years going on 4 and the best chance we have to win is the players we have on the field who end up playing the way they played? It would be because he can't get us players that can win.

He's wrong for not benching Jeff or he's wrong for not having players that give us a better chance to win.

I'm done blaming Jeff, he's out there doing the best he can do. Muschamp is the coach that puts him on the field, this is on Will Muschamp and Will Muschamp alone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy said:
Driskel is returning as starter.....and I have officially gone over to the dark side. Make room in the tent for me Law! Can't wait until the season is lost to make such an obviously needed change.

tumblr_static_100693_dark-side.jpg
Always room for a Fast Mover. Welcome aboard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n61549 said:
Jeff cannot win with this type of gator team. He did fine in 2012 becasue he just had to make the easy throw
FFS, he didn't make ANY throws. He usually threw for less than 100 yards. I know some of you guys don't remember when we had an offense but 250 yards is a pretty meager day passing the ball.

I never FATHOMED we'd have a guy throw for less than 100 yards and it's beyond astonishing that we let him do it twice. He shouldn't have just been benched they should have yanked his damn scholarship and shoved his stupid azz off campus.

We pay him to pass the damn ball and he's easily the worst in modern history.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n61467 said:

Amazing that people are just now noticing that Big Dummy has sucked all along.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, pretty much the definition of suck ass...

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n60496 said:
Hopefully the Tennessee front four and linebackers will be all over Driskel like piranha on a wounded duck flopping around in the Amazon.
piranha-eat-cows-1.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
VulcanAlex;n61466 said:
Dope champ has not learned anything he stii supports Jeff. He better be right.

Looks like he is still stuck on Driskel at the press conference - said Harris continues to improve - hopefully that is code for he might consider a change at halftime if Driskel is really messing things up again.
Hopefully

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n61895 said:
FFS, he didn't make ANY throws. He usually threw for less than 100 yards. I know some of you guys don't remember when we had an offense but 250 yards is a pretty meager day passing the ball.

I never FATHOMED we'd have a guy throw for less than 100 yards and it's beyond astonishing that we let him do it twice. He shouldn't have just been benched they should have yanked his damn scholarship and shoved his stupid azz off campus.

We pay him to pass the damn ball and he's easily the worst in modern history.

He probably is a good kid but its shocking Muschamp allows this to continue...

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n61934 said:
Amazing that people are just now noticing that Big Dummy has sucked all along.

According to these stats if he throws under 100 yards we have a chance.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Alvin York;n60496 said:
Hopefully the Tennessee front four and linebackers will be all over Driskel like piranha on a wounded duck flopping around in the Amazon.
piranha-eat-cows-1.jpg
I was worried that I would get put in time out, but, I just couldn't help myself.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
With Muschamp announcing so early that he is sticking with Driskel is it possible that he is actually employing strategy and wants UT to prep only for JD and he is really going to go with someone else? A guy can hope right?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n62218 said:
With Muschamp announcing so early that he is sticking with Driskel is it possible that he is actually employing strategy and wants UT to prep only for JD and he is really going to go with someone else? A guy can hope right?

th

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.