Jeff Driskel

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n102649 said:
Just as baseless as the other claims. Driskel makes me think he wants to pout sometimes not being the starter just like the threats of transfer from his dad if he wasn't the guy after Brantley (If they are true of course).

You know, you keep saying this sh!t and a lot of other baseless crap that isn't true. You have no f*****g clue what you're talking about.

And just so you know, your uncle Freebish who works in the athletics department is NOT considered a reliable source. :rolleyes:

ac563edeec5f443ba3ab111bb168d9f1.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n102746 said:
You know, you keep saying this sh!t and a lot of other baseless crap that isn't true. You have no f*****g clue what you're talking about.

And just so you know, your uncle Freebish who works in the athletics department is NOT considered a reliable source. :rolleyes:

I have never claimed to have a source ever but I did read the accusation from people claiming to know someone who witnessed it and this was in early 2012 season. I thought it was probably bull at first like many rumors but after seeing Driskel left in there despite not producing whatsoever in a ton of games and constantly Driskeling I am inclined to believe there may be something to the rumor about his family threatening a transfer.

It would be like the thread here about Muschamp being already fired. I am inclined not to believe those sources but if we beat SC and he is fired I would be inclined to think there was something to it then.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n102766 said:
I have never claimed to have a source ever but I did read the accusation from people claiming to know someone who witnessed it and this was in early 2012 season. I thought it was probably bull at first like many rumors but after seeing Driskel left in there despite not producing whatsoever in a ton of games and constantly Driskeling I am inclined to believe there may be something to the rumor about his family threatening a transfer.

It would be like the thread here about Muschamp being already fired. I am inclined not to believe those sources but if we beat SC and he is fired I would be inclined to think there was something to it then.

Oh, boy. :rolleyes: You "read" about "people" "claiming" to know "someone" who "heard"............

Your logic needs some major tweaking. You claim that you believe Muschamp intentionally played Driskel at the risk of losing his multi-million dollar job in order to keep Driskel (again, a QB who doesn't play well) from transferring. Don't you think that if Muschamp didn't really believe that Driskel provided him the best chance to win he would have just let him transfer? You can argue against Muschamp's decision making but the other stuff is just ludicrous. And having some personal knowledge of Jeff and his parents I can assure you that whatever you "heard" is BS.

Critical thinking is your friend. Try it sometime.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n102779 said:
Oh, boy. :rolleyes: You "read" about "people" "claiming" to know "someone" who "heard"............

Your logic needs some major tweaking. You claim that you believe Muschamp intentionally played Driskel at the risk of losing his multi-million dollar job in order to keep Driskel (again, a QB who doesn't play well) from transferring. Don't you think that if Muschamp didn't really believe that Driskel provided him the best chance to win he would have just let him transfer? You can argue against Muschamp's decision making but the other stuff is just ludicrous. And having some personal knowledge of Jeff and his parents I can assure you that whatever you "heard" is BS.

Critical thinking is your friend. Try it sometime.

This is a message board I suggest you view it as such. Not going to have 100% proven factual things for everyone. If they are your friends I highly doubt they would talk about something like that even if there was something to it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him nothing but the best. He hasn't panned out as a QB, so I hope he has a bright future in baseball.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n102788 said:
This is a message board I suggest you view it as such. Not going to have 100% proven factual things for everyone. If they are your friends I highly doubt they would talk about something like that even if there was something to it.

I'm just suggesting you use some common sense and stop spreading the same falsehood over and over again. You've posted this thing about Driskel's parents at least ten times. It's not true and anyone with a lick of critical thinking ability will realize that. Just because you hate Muschamp doesn't give you license to continue to say false stuff and not expect to get called on it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n102792 said:
I'm just suggesting you use some common sense and stop spreading the same falsehood over and over again. You've posted this thing about Driskel's parents at least ten times. It's not true and anyone with a lick of critical thinking ability will realize that. Just because you hate Muschamp doesn't give you license to continue to say false stuff and not expect to get called on it.

Prove its false then - you can't just like I cant prove its 100% true. He was left the starter despite his terrible play and another QB left after last season despite playing better before his shoulder injury because he knew what was up.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n102799 said:
Prove its false then - you can't just like I cant prove its 100% true. He was left the starter despite his terrible play and another QB left after last season despite playing better before his shoulder injury because he knew what was up.

:facepalm:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n102802 said:
Crazy wasn't't it. I have never seen a similar situation at QB that I can remember.

tumblr_neqe92dHkO1t2ksqto1_500.gif

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n102724 said:
I think we all know that JD hasn't worked out because he doesn't process the information fast enough. This was more about him being a class act.

I think Jeff understands the concepts, but he has trouble executing them. I don't mind him helping Treon. There is a reason Jeff is probably a good practice player and the coaches like him... it's because he can talk the talk. They always say... those who can't do coach... so Jeff is coaching.

If he transfers I will wish him success. The kid deserves it

As per my first post in this thread above. Treon made that read in the 48 yard pass to Dunbar after seeing the safety follow TE Westbrook, leaving Dunbar in man coverage. Jeff just wouldn't have processed that fast enough, and would have just thrown it to Westbrook, maybe completing it, but for nowhere near the yards that Treon passed for. He just cannot seem to process the scene fast enough.

One coach who COULD process it fast enough in his playing days was Leak, who not only studied tons of film, but was reputed back in his playing days at UF as "letting the game come to him" and "slowing down the game," which really means that he was able to quickly read the play, go through his progression, and make the right choice. I'd like to think that he had a hand in developing Treon and advocating for his ascendency to the starting QB.

I second your comment that I highlighted in red. He does deserve success if he transfers out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n102799 said:
You're out in left field here. I know plenty of people close to the program (vague on purpose) who said that it was clear that Chimp was always going to play Driskel and that he never looked good in practice. (Even the play by play type stuff written by Andreu and other nits basically exposed the truth.) None of them has even whispered this BS about it being Driskel's parents. Besides we've seen what Chimp does when someone demands to start, he hits the Grayhound with Orr.

Cutting against your belief is the fact that Chimp stuck with Murphy even after it was clear Murphy couldn't tie his own shoe or put his pads on by himself. There is no doubt that Murphy was told that "of course Jeff Driskel gets the job when he returns" and that Murphy saw the need to transfer.

Chimp has no ability to assess QB (or offensive) talent and is always deadset again changing a QB. I believe it's his combination of arrogance as to his own evaluation skills and his ultra-conservative offensive philosophy creating a cauldron of suckitude.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n102791 said:
I wish him nothing but the best. He hasn't panned out as a QB, so I hope he has a bright future in baseball.
Tight End.

He was always going to be a Tight End. His high school evals said can't read defenses and makes poor decisions. Nothing has changed through the years.

We've had great success converting guys who are little too slow mentally to be a QB but are great athletes into TEs.

Hit the weight room and earn a job in the NFL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n102804 said:
I wish everyone (myself included) had enough maturity and character to see past their own disappointments, see things this clearly, and communicate them this well. Bravo.

Nice. But why? Why Driskel? Why not Andrade? Mack Brown? Jeremy Powell? There's a whole roster of guys who aren't starting. Many aren't even second string. None got numerous chances to keep their job despite poor performance after poor performance after poor performance.

Why were so many people making such an effort to look past his obvious lack of ability? Why are some, weirdly, still identifying with him. We had people last week posting a question asking if Treon would play as well against Vandy as Driskel did. Whehhhhh....

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n102801 said:

I thought you were simply going to ask him to prove he isn't a retard.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n102926 said:
You're out in left field here. I know plenty of people close to the program (vague on purpose) who said that it was clear that Chimp was always going to play Driskel and that he never looked good in practice. (Even the play by play type stuff written by Andreu and other nits basically exposed the truth.) None of them has even whispered this BS about it being Driskel's parents. Besides we've seen what Chimp does when someone demands to start, he hits the Grayhound with Orr.

Cutting against your belief is the fact that Chimp stuck with Murphy even after it was clear Murphy couldn't tie his own shoe or put his pads on by himself. There is no doubt that Murphy was told that "of course Jeff Driskel gets the job when he returns" and that Murphy saw the need to transfer.

Chimp has no ability to assess QB (or offensive) talent and is always deadset again changing a QB. I believe it's his combination of arrogance as to his own evaluation skills and his ultra-conservative offensive philosophy creating a cauldron of suckitude.

No problem we all have heard things from other people. The ones that said it were ex-players (not at UF) that post sometimes on message boards. They said it before Driskel even showed he was bad on the field in many games early in 2012. They also said what you said that it was bullcrap that Driskel was looking really good in practice and play by plays the few open practice days led me to think that was probably true despite the fluff articles on it. They also said before Murphy made his decision that he would never be given a chance to truly win the job when healed up despite any talk from Muschamp and they would be really surprised if he didn't transfer. I don't totally discount there being some truth to it with how things have gone with the situation since 2012. Its opinion people can believe what someone said or not belive it its their choice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n102962 said:
What choice did he have ?
Morningwood is a three star QB who is accurate. Was he great? Of course, not. Did he look competent this spring? Yes, IMO. Why? Reps.

Sometimes you have to play a freshman QB. Mizzu did it on the way to winning the East last year. If Chimp can't do it, or can't resist the urge to completely throttle the QB for the first four games to a year, then he needs other employment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.