Jeff Driskel

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n102622 said:
Guy was given more opportunities for the starting QB role at UF than I have ever seen. ...

You have a short memory.... does the name Brantley ring a bell?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n103069 said:
Driskel got way more, and it's not even close

Driskel also went 11-2. I'd say that warranted a few more shots.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
itsgr82bag8r;103070 said:
That's fine. But if that's how you feel why call my original statement out? :lol:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n103071 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r

That's fine. But if that's how you feel why call my original statement out? :lol:
Don't you dare try to cloud this argument with fact! :eek:ldman:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n103070 said:

No, Matt Elam and Gillie went 11-0. Dip****skel (nod to Squash) went 0-2.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n103078 said:
No, Matt Elam and Gillie went 11-0. Dip****skel (nod to Squash) went 0-2.

That's complete BS. Drizzle made plays in many of the wins (Texas A&M, Tennessee, FSU, Vandy) The offensive line had issues against LSU and he didn't have to do much against USCe, but he did capitalize on their early mistakes.

He isn't a great QB.. nobody is going to argue that, but to give him 0 credit for the games he won and made plays is just wrong. He is a good kid, good Gator and from all accounts a great teammate.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n103118 said:
That's complete BS. Drizzle made plays in many of the wins (Texas A&M, Tennessee, FSU, Vandy) The offensive line had issues against LSU and he didn't have to do much against USCe, but he did capitalize on their early mistakes.

He isn't a great QB.. nobody is going to argue that, but to give him 0 credit for the games he won and made plays is just wrong. He is a good kid, good Gator and from all accounts a great teammate.

We may not even win LSU if the ILB doesn't get hurt. I think his name was Minter, and he was stuffing everything that game.

Edit: Kevin Minter had 20 tackles in that game before he left. Driskel had 61yds passing and 1 yd rushing for a QBR of 12.9

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any chance Driskel can play baseball for us this spring? It's pretty obvious that he won't be playing in the NFL.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
ATXGator;n102724 said:
I think we all know that JD hasn't worked out because he doesn't process the information fast enough. This was more about him being a class act.

I think Jeff understands the concepts, but he has trouble executing them. I don't mind him helping Treon. There is a reason Jeff is probably a good practice player and the coaches like him... it's because he can talk the talk. They always say... those who can't do coach... so Jeff is coaching.

If he transfers I will wish him success. The kid deserves it

Agreed.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n102634 said:
Speaking of assumptions and baseless claims.....
I agree. It doesn't matter that he's a good guy. That's nice but that's not the point. I'll go ahead and beat the dead horse. We should be developing a backup QB and NOT JD. He ads nothing as a QB. He can't run better than Treon. He doesn't have the power of a guy with his size. The only thing is he is taller. Just because he didn't throw a fit like Orr doesn't mean he deserves any special kudos.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n102733 said:
I wish JD nothing but the best. Maybe if he had better coaching things would have been different. I think he should try baseball.

The big elephant in the room is what is Grier going to do if Treon keeps winning. Muschamp will NOT have an open spring. We all know this and frankly if Treon is winning and winning while looking good...what does Grier do?
Good question. And don't we have another stud QB coming from California or has he gone the way of some of the other recruits and said, Bye Bye.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n102926 said:
You're out in left field here. I know plenty of people close to the program (vague on purpose) who said that it was clear that Chimp was always going to play Driskel and that he never looked good in practice. (Even the play by play type stuff written by Andreu and other nits basically exposed the truth.) None of them has even whispered this BS about it being Driskel's parents. Besides we've seen what Chimp does when someone demands to start, he hits the Grayhound with Orr.

Cutting against your belief is the fact that Chimp stuck with Murphy even after it was clear Murphy couldn't tie his own shoe or put his pads on by himself. There is no doubt that Murphy was told that "of course Jeff Driskel gets the job when he returns" and that Murphy saw the need to transfer.

Chimp has no ability to assess QB (or offensive) talent and is always deadset again changing a QB. I believe it's his combination of arrogance as to his own evaluation skills and his ultra-conservative offensive philosophy creating a cauldron of suckitude.
Amen and Amein. The chump should never be allowed to even give an offensive opinion, much less be in charge of offensive policy.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103125 said:
Any chance Driskel can play baseball for us this spring? It's pretty obvious that he won't be playing in the NFL.
I doubt if he can hit. Maybe he can pitch.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n103161 said:
I doubt if he can hit. Maybe he can pitch.

Yeah... because he has shown great accuracy...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n103297 said:
Yeah... because he has shown great accuracy...

Hitting stantionary objects he usually is acurate, its those moving objects he has a problem with ie hitting a reciever in stride.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good Kid
Sucks at QB
Runs like a Volkswagen instead of an Escalade
Personna is a deer in headlights versus a gladiator

We got it, good luck Jeff and John Brantley, it's been a miserable half decade of UF quarterbacking...

move on please.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n103327 said:
Good Kid
Sucks at QB
Runs like a Volkswagen instead of an Escalade
Personna is a deer in headlights versus a gladiator

We got it, good luck Jeff and John Brantley, it's been a miserable half decade of UF quarterbacking...

move on please.

Quarterbacking and Playcalling... it's been a bad run.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n103160 said:
Amen and Amein. The chump should never be allowed to even give an offensive opinion, much less be in charge of offensive policy.

every opinion he gives is offensive... that's a big part of the problem.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I've said enough over the years about Driskel..but I do truly think we may be onto something with Treon..and Will Grier may have a shot as well..as long as he doesn't transfer...I saw the first open practice during fall and thought he had a cannon for an arm with a lotta zip. Time will tell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.