Jeremy Foley is not the SEC's next commish

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-from-the-best

Clearly the other ADs fail to recognize the job he did making Florida into one of the bottom 5 programs in the SEC.

:shocked:

I thought he was known as the most amazing administrator in the history of forever? All his closest circle felt he was a shoe-in? How could I have been so mislead?

Stunning.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well this guy was on the SEC staff for 13 years, maybe that had something to do with it?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n191193 said:

Clearly the other ADs fail to recognize the job he did making Florida into one of the bottom 5 programs in the SEC.

I thought he was known as the most amazing administrator in the history of forever? All his closest circle felt he was a shoe-in? How could I have been so mislead?

Stunning.
Here is betting the other umpteen schools would love to have the hardware we have brought in in this century during his tenure. Happy is still ours instead of some wonk in Birmingham.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but Law needs a much deserved vacation. Are we a Gator board or not? This is something I wouldn't even expect from Dork to be allowed.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well... there is a COO position now available.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not worried about it. And perhaps the SEC wanted some continuity and went within their office.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n191211 said:
Well this guy was on the SEC staff for 13 years, maybe that had something to do with it?

But you assured us he was going to get the job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n191252 said:
Well... there is a COO position now available.
Let's hope he can land something else.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Good for us we don't have to break in a new leader. Running the SEC is different than running UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There had been speculation for years he'd been holding out for that job. I wonder if it was all bunk or he's disappointed. We'll never know.

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n191193 said:

Stunning.

Bottom five program in the SEC but second best sports program in the nation? I know lawyers can't do math besides collecting bills, but ....

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
:hahaha:Foley as sec commish, please stop it! you're killing me:rotfl:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n191297 said:
There had been speculation for years he'd been holding out for that job. I wonder if it was all bunk or he's disappointed. We'll never know.

I bet he wanted the job, but I don't know if he was holding out for the job either. I'm sure their is some disappointment, but he is probably one a few that were hoping to get a look at the position.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Sankey looks like the right person for the job and I'm glad to still have Foley.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm still a supporter of Foley, despite the recent WBBall coaching extension, but I'm going to also take a step back and say we won't have Foley for another 10 yrs at UF. Dude is aging badly. I would imagine the SEC office was looking for someone they could count on for the long term, not someone looking to make his name bigger before he dies or retires in a few years.

Additionally, I've seen Foley do well for the most part in selecting coaches and helping them get to success quickly, especially when branching into new sports. However, aside from head coaches and managing money prudently, he has never come across as a progressive or aggressive thinker beyond a focused sport/coach. He's built great pieces of the UF sports empire, that makes it a great program overall, but I'm not struck with an over arching vision that improves all things. Point being, SEC Commissioner needs to be able to think of all schools with their individual needs and wants as well as all sports with their individual needs and wants, and be constantly making moves for the betterment of ALL. Such a position can't focus on improving one school, or one sport, at a time. I'd imagine the selection committee could see that being great as school's athletic director requires different skills than a conference commissioner needs. Being an AD is a good learning position, but if it is your career and you're good at it, it doesn't mean you're good for a different position like commissioner.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n191484 said:
I'm still a supporter of Foley, despite the recent WBBall coaching extension, but I'm going to also take a step back and say we won't have Foley for another 10 yrs at UF. Dude is aging badly. I would imagine the SEC office was looking for someone they could count on for the long term, not someone looking to make his name bigger before he dies or retires in a few years.

This is why I've never been convinced Foley was even interested. He IS getting old and probably just wants to retire when he's ready.

Dec 10, 2014
NavetG8r;n191523 said:
This is why I've never been convinced Foley was even interested. He IS getting old and probably just wants to retire when he's ready.

Have you seen a recent picture of him? I talked to him about two years ago. I saw a picture of him around NSD. Yikes. For all those who bash him (deservedly) over CWM, know that his punishment is aging about five years in a year's time.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n191529 said:
For all those who bash him (deservedly) over CWM, know that his punishment is aging about five years in a year's time.

You may could say that for all of Gator Nation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.