Jeremy Foley is not the SEC's next commish

Dec 10, 2014
NavetG8r;n191534 said:
You may could say that for all of Gator Nation.

I'm a silver lining guy Nav. I don't get as worked up over it as I used to. But I have a personal side to this. There are two games that could (and should) have changed the course of gator history. In '03 the Gators should have beaten fsu and in '04 we should have beaten ut. Had we won those games, we would have kept zook. In '14 there was a similar situation. Had the Idaho game been played and had we beaten lsu like we should, CWM would still be our coach.We can all agree Meyer is better than zook, and we can all agree that Coach Mac is an upgrade to to CWM, Anyway, the hardest gator loss I ever watched was '01 tennessee game. The second was the fade at dade. When it was announced CWM was fired, I realized we had the opportunity to have the most perfect season ever. Beat all our main rivals AND get a new coach. I went into that fsu game expecting us to win (and we should have). I hadn't been so deflated after a loss since that fade at dade game. Over a decade. But the same guy who cost us the fsu game is the same guy that cost us the lsu game and CWM his job. So knowing that, I just felt good a couple weeks later. The universe works in illogical ways to get to logical places.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n191546 said:
I'm a silver lining guy Nav. I don't get as worked up over it as I used to. But I have a personal side to this. There are two games that could (and should) have changed the course of gator history. In '03 the Gators should have beaten fsu and in '04 we should have beaten ut. Had we won those games, we would have kept zook. In '14 there was a similar situation. Had the Idaho game been played and had we beaten lsu like we should, CWM would still be our coach.We can all agree Meyer is better than zook, and we can all agree that Coach Mac is an upgrade to to CWM, Anyway, the hardest gator loss I ever watched was '01 tennessee game. The second was the fade at dade. When it was announced CWM was fired, I realized we had the opportunity to have the most perfect season ever. Beat all our main rivals AND get a new coach. I went into that fsu game expecting us to win (and we should have). I hadn't been so deflated after a loss since that fade at dade game. Over a decade. But the same guy who cost us the fsu game is the same guy that cost us the lsu game and CWM his job. So knowing that, I just felt good a couple weeks later. The universe works in illogical ways to get to logical places.

That's so beautiful I almost shed a tear. Still doesn't change the fact that I have nearly twice as much gray hair as I did 4 years ago.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Law98Gator's new theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0sI6eFarFE

maxresdefault.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hear solitary calling this thread's name…

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n191767 said:
I hear solitary calling this thread's name…
Interesting We had to listen to the Fooley Nutthuggers declaring him the heir apparent for a year, but once gets passed over, it's a dungeon thread, huh?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;191780 said:
Interesting We had to listen to the Fooley Nutthuggers declaring him the heir apparent for a year, but once gets passed over, it's a dungeon thread, huh?

:dunno:

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
When did it become "A Thing" to bash everything and everybody Gator related or to tear down someones character and ability at every opportunity?

So many on here take every opportunity to knock Foley or our Head Coaches or our Quarterbacks. The sport is irrelevant as all are immune to scrutiny. And often times they do so almost immediately hoping that when/if things go sour they'll be able to say "I told you so" or "I said it way back when that _________ sucked/was horrible/should have been fired!"

Yes, having certain events behind us we now have 20/20 vision on the past and some here are vindicated or stand corrected but the continual abuse our Gators take from inside the walls is astounding.

I guess I don't get it.

Isn't it time to move forward or to look to the future or whatever euphemism you prefer that connotes a positive vibe?

After all Gator Nation...

IGTBAFG

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n191193 said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-from-the-best

Clearly the other ADs fail to recognize the job he did making Florida into one of the bottom 5 programs in the SEC.

:shocked:

I thought he was known as the most amazing administrator in the history of forever? All his closest circle felt he was a shoe-in? How could I have been so mislead?

Stunning.

Time for you to turn in your Gator card....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Jand3k;n192639 said:
When did it become "A Thing" to bash everything and everybody Gator related or to tear down someones character and ability at every opportunity?

So many on here take every opportunity to knock Foley or our Head Coaches or our Quarterbacks. The sport is irrelevant as all are immune to scrutiny. And often times they do so almost immediately hoping that when/if things go sour they'll be able to say "I told you so" or "I said it way back when that _________ sucked/was horrible/should have been fired!"

Yes, having certain events behind us we now have 20/20 vision on the past and some here are vindicated or stand corrected but the continual abuse our Gators take from inside the walls is astounding.

I guess I don't get it.

Isn't it time to move forward or to look to the future or whatever euphemism you prefer that connotes a positive vibe?

After all Gator Nation...

IGTBAFG
Move on, loook forward to the future, think postive? Have you lost your mind Jand? This is a gator board and we have just suffered through the worst of times not only in FB but now in BB. Suicide hotlines are lighting up like the tree in Rockefeller Center. We are entitled to greatness and perfection every year all the time. WE ARE GATORS..........and how else can we assuage our egos when those phkn noles are doing well. Move past this total and absolute misery?
Better go preach this to little girls on a Pony Forum for takers............

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
I realize this is just another slam JF thread, so this might be a rhetorical question, but what makes people think JF was ready to leave UF to be the SEC commish? Rumor and innuendo or was there something more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.