Jerome Powell

Discussion in 'Politics' started by '78, Oct 10, 2018 at 6:13 PM.

1. '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,985
    Ratings:
    +12,923 / -337
    You've had your 15 minutes of fame, sir. Now kindly STFU.

2. TLB

TLB Just chillin'
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,861
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -47
    Deeply insightful, yet respectful while critiquing throughout. HOF thread, no doubt.

3. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,639
    Ratings:
    +5,669 / -104
    You have to leave some tools for when the crap hits the fan again which it will. Might be a while but there will be some payback eventually for all that crazy near ZIRP and trillions in QE etc. A ton of companies got funded that will never make a real profit. Some say it isn't far behind the mal-investment during the internet stock craze years ago.

No one can get this stuff exactly right but some places seem to think another .5% in interest rate hikes will trigger a major correction of over 20%. A couple of historical things still point to the DOW fair value being close to 18k now. I just hope if the major correction happens it isn't in 2020. Best case would be it happened after election day 2020.

4. '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,985
    Ratings:
    +12,923 / -337
    Follow the little squiggly line as it relates to the ominous grey pillars. After awhile you begin to notice the most amazing correlation. fredgraph_1RLI.jpeg

5. '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,985
    Ratings:
    +12,923 / -337
    I fear a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,985
      Ratings:
      +12,923 / -337
      Dow futures imply a 350-point drop at the market open Thursday. Thanks again, Jer.

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,350
      Ratings:
      +4,664 / -93
      You think the music won’t stop?

• '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,985
      Ratings:
      +12,923 / -337
      I think Powell made a mistake blabbling away that we're a long way from neutral on interest rates when the data doesn't support that thinking.

I think Trump made a mistake by replacing Yellen, who actually read the data.

I think economic expansions -- as well as recessions -- are now the artificial concoction of the Fed, in spite of what certain members of the Fed want you to think.

I think Yellen got that. I think Powell doesn't.

I think this economic expansion still has legs and that the organic portion of it only began when Trump took office. It was all Fed manipulated until then.

I think Bernanke overplayed his hand from 2005 to 2007 and that it led us into recession.

I think Powell is about to do the same.