Jesse Palmer said it all

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
During the game today Jesse was trying to be positive about Driskel but he said "Some time Potential has to turn to Performance".

That time hasn't arrived yet.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Gatoravatara;n69488 said:
Didn't GC say that like a month ago? Didn't Emmitt say that 2 weeks ago? Idiot coach is the only one that it took this long to realize what we knew a long time ago.

Exactly

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't GC say that like a month ago? Didn't Emmitt say that 2 weeks ago? Idiot coach is the only one that it took this long to realize what we knew a long time ago.

You're annoying as hell.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n69506 said:
Yet you don't argue the point. Its not about me. How about this for the thread title. Gator Chatter says it all-a month ago.

I made the point I wanted to make.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see what our new offense looks like with a player who is not afraid to run it. Harris looked so much more comfortable on the field than Driskel, although I am sure he had butterflies out the you know what. He supplied the evidence today that he should be the starting quarterback. Whoever held the gun to Muschamps head should be given a medal.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny how so many experts around here have to wait and hear things on the air for them to realize whats going on. And then to follow it up by the name calling. Got to love the Pumpers.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear NV,Bayern Gator here still without proper punctuation, perhaps Driskel could be a "wildcat" QB, on run situtations, or hold on punts, and we still get some use out of him, or has he seen the field for the last time like Terry Dean?
Bayergator

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
William Donald Garrett;n69544 said:
Dear NV,Bayern Gator here still without proper punctuation, perhaps Driskel could be a "wildcat" QB, on run situtations, or hold on punts, and we still get some use out of him, or has he seen the field for the last time like Terry Dean?
Bayergator

Dear Bayer Gator. Not sure why you Avatar name is "William Donald Garrett" yet you sign off Bayer Gator. In addition, I know I've already asked you to work on punctuation however that seems to be a glitch in whatever system you use for translation. What do you use, a PC? a Mac? we can fix this together.

As far as Driskel being a wildcat QB,.. not going to happen. He just can't read it that quickly. He should be move to the bench of TE.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Driskel should not see another meaningful snap for Florida. He's awful, and he is not going to get better. The best thing for him, and Florida, is for him to transfer to another school where he might be able to pick up the pieces of his shattered career as a quarterback. The team and fans are not behind him. The only one who is is Muschamp. He needs to look back at his own predictions for Driskel, like the one he made before this game that Driskel would make everyone proud he is their quarterback. Jeff Driskel is a cancer on he team, he needs to be excised. There is no chance the NFL wants him, but he needs to be somewhere else than Florida in 2015. It's probably too late now, but he needs to see if he has a future in baseball, because he doesn't have one in football. Do us all a favor Jeff. If you love UF and your coach and teammates, just leave!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n69549 said:
Driskel probably needs to move on to baseball next season.

That sounds like a good plan.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n69548 said:
Jeff Driskel should not see another meaningful snap for Florida. He's awful, and he is not going to get better. The best thing for him, and Florida, is for him to transfer to another school where he might be able to pick up the pieces of his shattered career as a quarterback. The team and fans are not behind him. The only one who is is Muschamp. He needs to look back at his own predictions for Driskel, like the one he made before this game that Driskel would make everyone proud he is their quarterback. Jeff Driskel is a cancer on he team, he needs to be excised. There is no chance the NFL wants him, but he needs to be somewhere else than Florida in 2015. It's probably too late now, but he needs to see if he has a future in baseball, because he doesn't have one in football. Do us all a favor Jeff. If you love UF and your coach and teammates, just leave!
although, i agree he should lose his position, i think being a cancer is a tad to much

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Frankly, I'm surprised that the chump had the smarts and/or the juevos to make the change. However, he was staring at the abyss and made the switch. My son and I were watching the game together and he was opining during the game that it seemed the chump was actually wanting to get fired. I wasn't sure myself but his deliriously happy interview post game showed that he actually wants to continue on here. However, his continuing to make excuses for JD also indicates that the lesson has not been firmly grasped.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
As what, Bat Boy?
Thats mean, I know, but just too good to pass up.
Bayern Gator

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
William Donald Garrett;n69544 said:
Bayergator
Terry Dean never saw the field again because he made the mistake of criticizing SOS publicly. He never played another down, even in mop up duty. The chump has already said that he will play 2 QBs if he has to which indicates that he has still not gotten the picture. And I don't think he is referring to holding for extra points or field goals.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n69548 said:

Dude, that's a bit harsh. JD hasn't lived up to his potential. He doesn't have the mojo. But a cancer, he is not. He's been a good kid, stayed out of trouble, went to class and graduated. He tried his best. Save the harsh talk for some punk who shows no appreciation for the opportunity. He's not a good QB. But he's a good Gator.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's not too harsh to call Jeff Driskel a cancer on the team. I'm not saying that he is reason for a divided team. I seriously doubt there is a clique of teammates that are sorry to see him benched. Normally that would be the case if your leader is removed for any reason. But Jeff Driskel has never been a leader on the team. Have you ever seen him being a leader in any fashion. Contrast him with the guy at the school out West, his teammates would run into a wall for him, while Driskel engenders nothing but sympathy. That's all his teammates feel for Driskel, but they are glad he's been finally benched, even if they don't say so publicly. When you remove a cancer, you have a chance to get better. That's what happened Saturday. The only problem is that the diagnostician, Will Muschamp, is no Dr. House. Even a blind man could see that Driskel needs to go. Just like he did with Brissett and Murphy, Muschamp needs to make it very plain to Driskel that he has no future as a quarterback at Florida. Maybe he can switch to tight end like Oklahpma's quarterback did. Driskel needs to be told bluntly. WE can see from his actions on the football field that he's very slow at processing information. If you just hint that Florida is choosing another path that doesn't include him, he probably will continue to think he's important to the success of Florida, and that would be cruel. Something akin to stealing candy from a baby. Don't be cruel, Will. You've fired coaches because they didn't get the job done, it's time to can Driskel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator