Jesse Palmer said it all

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n69542 said:
Funny how so many experts around here have to wait and hear things on the air for them to realize whats going on. And then to follow it up by the name calling. Got to love the Pumpers.

Why don't you put a name out there instead of just making a blanket claim.

After reading this several times, I call :bsflag:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n69599 said:
It's not too harsh to call Jeff Driskel a cancer on the team. I'm not saying that he is reason for a divided team. I seriously doubt there is a clique of teammates that are sorry to see him benched. Normally that would be the case if your leader is removed for any reason. But Jeff Driskel has never been a leader on the team. Have you ever seen him being a leader in any fashion. Contrast him with the guy at the school out West, his teammates would run into a wall for him, while Driskel engenders nothing but sympathy. That's all his teammates feel for Driskel, but they are glad he's been finally benched, even if they don't say so publicly. When you remove a cancer, you have a chance to get better. That's what happened Saturday. The only problem is that the diagnostician, Will Muschamp, is no Dr. House. Even a blind man could see that Driskel needs to go. Just like he did with Brissett and Murphy, Muschamp needs to make it very plain to Driskel that he has no future as a quarterback at Florida. Maybe he can switch to tight end like Oklahpma's quarterback did. Driskel needs to be told bluntly. WE can see from his actions on the football field that he's very slow at processing information. If you just hint that Florida is choosing another path that doesn't include him, he probably will continue to think he's important to the success of Florida, and that would be cruel. Something akin to stealing candy from a baby. Don't be cruel, Will. You've fired coaches because they didn't get the job done, it's time to can Driskel.

Why would a Nole fan be glad we are possibly benching Driskel for good ?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n69542 said:
Funny how so many experts around here have to wait and hear things on the air for them to realize whats going on. And then to follow it up by the name calling. Got to love the Pumpers.

Sorry if my posting of an actual quote offended you.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n69567 said:
Frankly, I'm surprised that the chump had the smarts and/or the juevos to make the change. However, he was staring at the abyss and made the switch. My son and I were watching the game together and he was opining during the game that it seemed the chump was actually wanting to get fired. I wasn't sure myself but his deliriously happy interview post game showed that he actually wants to continue on here. However, his continuing to make excuses for JD also indicates that the lesson has not been firmly grasped.

Sorry about your loss, maybe you'll beat Chattanooga next week.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
What you talkin, bout captain?? You have to be plainer for dumb old private's like me.
Captain Sasquatch;n69805 said:
Sorry about your loss, maybe you'll beat Chattanooga next week.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n69548 said:
Jeff Driskel should not see another meaningful snap for Florida. He's awful, and he is not going to get better. The best thing for him, and Florida, is for him to transfer to another school where he might be able to pick up the pieces of his shattered career as a quarterback. The team and fans are not behind him. The only one who is is Muschamp. He needs to look back at his own predictions for Driskel, like the one he made before this game that Driskel would make everyone proud he is their quarterback. Jeff Driskel is a cancer on he team, he needs to be excised. There is no chance the NFL wants him, but he needs to be somewhere else than Florida in 2015. It's probably too late now, but he needs to see if he has a future in baseball, because he doesn't have one in football. Do us all a favor Jeff. If you love UF and your coach and teammates, just leave!

JD has tried his best and it hasn't been good enough. Cancer is a bit of a stretch. He'll probably have to transfer. He won't be starting next year no matter what here.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze, I agree with alagator and t rex, your too harsh with the demeaning comments. Driskel is a good kid but doesn't have the "it" factor. He still has the deer in the headlight look, so he should be benched. At lest he isn't a crab stealing rapist, so give him a break.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As others have chimed in, Driskel doesn't deserve the rack, just the bench.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The failings we have result from a 3-4 year substandard construction by Muschamp HC. Can the change to a
competitive QB, one piece, correct the whole construct? Will the many other pieces transform into fit? Have to
wait see … watch it grow in action on the field. ?? …. under Muschamp's tutelage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can bet that Roper was in WM's ear telling WM to pull Driskel. Hell, Fooley may have also been in his ear to listen the OC that he just hired. There's no reason to think that WM made that call on his own. Driskel has sucked basically every game for the past three years save two and he's never been pulled.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is a different level of sucking. I don't know if I've seen a worse qb at this level.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's confusing to try to get excited watching an undeserving team, the Muschamp product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.