Jim Kelly to receive Jimmy V Award

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sas was right. You normally don't get nominated for the Jimmy V Award unless your illness is fairly advanced. I hope this is the exception, but he looks terrible in the May 11 photo. When he says God willing over appearing in July, you really have to wonder.

Cancer wrecks lives, families and dreams. I wish someone would find a way to end it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Cancer wrecks lives, families and dreams. I wish someone would find a way to end it.

After doing 45 radiation treatments myself last year, I hate cancer. Problem is, its a huge business that generates so much money that they don't really seem too worried about a cure. Seems like bad things happen to the doctors and scientists who have announced they have found cures.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After doing 45 radiation treatments myself last year, I hate cancer. Problem is, its a huge business that generates so much money that they don't really seem too worried about a cure. Seems like bad things happen to the doctors and scientists who have announced they have found cures.
Ugh. That's a lot of radiation. I hope you're nearing a successful conclusion to your treatment plan.

We've achieved more success in managing the disease than finding a cure. Many cancers that routinely killed people 40 or 50 years ago have now been reclassified as chronic. That's a good sign.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So some of us are happy a guy may be dying of cancer because he once wore a goofy shirt making fun of his rivals in college? Is that our hot take today?

Man's been through a lot. I hope this isn't the end for him, but the Jimmy V Award is typically a bad sign for the recipient.
Hey, if you ain’t a Gator, you’re Gator bait!

Jun 2, 2015
I don't remember why Jim Kelly was such a gator hater. Geez, he wasn't even from the State of FL. We did have a coach, Walt Kerchefski, (who wasn't from FL either) who was a rabid Gator hater so maybe his opinion rubbed off on Kelly?? Most of the fan hate I think ensued after the FL Flop in the 70's. My late husband who played for the Canes was a real Gator hater but that was because UF was the only school in the entire SE that didn't offer him a football scholarship. I don't hate any team, however, have a pretty strong dislike for Notre Dame. I still have my "Catholics vs. Convicts" shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator