Jim McElwain Spring press conference

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n190043 said:
I will be surprised to see more than six wins. We know the OL will be a disaster. I also expect a huge drop off on defense. The DC hire will kill us on that side of the ball.

I'm afraid I've got to agree with this assessment. Our o-line situation is as dire as it's ever been. And let's face it, even with no injuries at all the quality of the guys we've got is pretty suspect. LBs too. Let the rebuilding begin.

McElwain's script on the recruiting trail is already written. If you want playing time.....at any position......Florida is the place for you.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Every game on the schedule is winnable. Just need some incredible coaching, no injuries on the Oline and the development of of the younger Olinemen. I think we have the talent on the defensive side of the ball to cover up the lack of depth at LB. 9 wins would be fantastic. a 6-6 season is not out of the question.

From watching Mac's presser, I can see he knows how to run a team, so coaching won't be an issue this year. It will come down to injuries, mistakes and a couple of lucky bounces. By the LSU game, if we don't have the injuries and the young O-linemen step up, everyone should know their role and the new system. Win that game and we could win out.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I see them putting in the effort to create a family / team player atmosphere with strong cohesion. The oline will be an issue but we will find ways to win.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He's realistic, too. He sees what we and everyone sees. I like that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n190043 said:
I will be surprised to see more than six wins. We know the OL will be a disaster. I also expect a huge drop off on defense. The DC hire will kill us on that side of the ball.

I don't particularly care for the coordinator hires but I think having Shannon and Rumph on the defensive side of the ball and McElwain really dictating most of the offense that it might turn out alright.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so stoked for the new era I'm going with 11-1 until the Kool-Aid wears off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n192457 said:
I'm so stoked for the new era I'm going with 11-1 until the Kool-Aid wears off.
What the hell did you put in that Kool Aid?

Mac's never managed to go 11-1 even in the MW. You think he's going to do that in the SEC with one of the two worst rosters in the SEC?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC East is so weak I'd be surprised if we won 6 games or less. Almost everyone is beatable, even with our problems.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what to expect next year. Mclewain hasn't even given any clues to what our offense is going to look like, we can only speculate. We know we have holes in our roster and we're installing a new system on both sides of the ball. There's just alot of unknowns even within the coaching staff. Hard to tell.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Not sure how to post videos, but this came to mind in meeting our team this spring:

Bob Nelson's comedy routine about football players

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.