Jim McElwain sucks and we told you so, na nana na boo boo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Jon Bell and Bowel went to the same movie

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still waiting to read the part that convinces me to buy in.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will consided buying in if I see offense on the field this year and us starting to wrap up a best (lol) or second best SEC recruiting class.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to see CONSISTENT high production on offense and for us NOT to get blown out by our rivals for Mac to "start getting it"...

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
"Come to UF where you can learn to be a HBC!" WTF? Although NSD was not the disaster which had been forecast on ESPN and SEC Network among others, and recent staff hires get high marks, our offense performance is still dismal and nothing has been done to address that. We will start 2017 with the same OC who has been mediocre at best. And astonishingly, for the third straight year we will begin the season with no proven QB. I really do hope he is finally "getting" it. If he doesn't "get it" by year three, he will probably never get it.

Last edited:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Time to buy in, because 8-4 while getting embarrassingly blown off the field when put up against championship caliber teams is all Florida fans should expect.

I know I'm excited.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
RIght, based on that article we made the top 10 on recruiting day thanks to a bonehead move by a pot head who blew his chances to sign where he wanted to go (we were option C or D).

They admitted we didn't sign a single 5* which has been the norm as of late, and then compared our situation to Dabo, and how Deshaun Watson got him over the hump. Well Dabo didn't have a 100+ ranked offense 2 years running, and we don't have a Deshaun Watson on the roster to pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Then closed discussing our recent coaching hires, lauding their recruiting prowness.

I'm thrilled we managed to have a decent NSD. What will get me to buy in is to so see an offense that is much better than the product we've seen for too many years, and that falls on coaching! So although these new guys can recruit South Florida, with nusschump and nord still on the staff, we need coaches that can make an impact on the field. We need to beat ranked teams, and be competitive even if the result is a loss. And beat the damn clowns!!

:pumper: Go Gators :pumper:

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We can jerk each other off for the next 8 months, which I'm sure we will, but everything is going to be decided by the arm of a 18-19 year old kid.

Continue your regularly scheduled jerking.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Thanks for the article. Now I'm sitting on the toilet doing my best Ox impersonation because of all the sunshine that writer blew up my a$$.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...n-finally-starting-get-time-florida-fans-buy/

You're up, T-Rex. DO NOT cite any of your earlier statements as proof of whatever point you try to make.

Let the negator spewing begin!

Well,

1. Starting to get it after two season would be ridiculous. He was hired to do a job immediately and being the coach at UF is NOT a job to get it in two years later. He is not an 18 year old WR who we hope can contribute as a JR.

2. Nothing has changed since the end of the season. Recruiting class ranking good or bad is irrelevant for the job he was hired to do. He needs to put a product on the field that is attractive for fans including winning games and an exciting offense.

3. At this point we are still in the how is this different than Muschamp or why should we be paying for two head coaches when the prior one could be fielding the current offense. I don't care whether or not McElwain gets it if he can not put a good offense on the field.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep he needs to show it with the offense this season. Its year 3 and 100% his now and he cant have anymore QB excuse.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm not buying in until I start seeing on the field production get to a level that is respectable for UF. I'm also not buying in until recruiting picks up as well. 3 players ranked 10th or better at their position is unacceptable for any cycle, 7 player in the top 100 over 3 cycles is pathetic. I'm not even asking for 4 5* a cycle but when I see our top 2 rivals raking in 10+ players in the top 100 I can't get behind the coach. I will continue to say Mac is not the answer and it will show next season in a huge way

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So from many previous comments the non-believers will still continue to school us on the despair and desperation of our program. The consensus was "not till I see it on the field" Well I guess we have 8 more months of we suck they suck he sucks and fck butters..........the funny thing was his signing class was 20-30 steps higher than many doomsayers predicted. The bowl game was much more than they expected. Gonna be a long off season. Im gonna enjoy basketball ( a GREAT sport) and then hope our new fellas come in with vim and vigor ready to make us proud. I am optimistic about next year and
IF WE CAN FIND A GDAMM QUARTERBACK WE MAY KNOCK DOWN THE DOOR

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I will consided buying in if I see offense on the field this year and us starting to wrap up a best (lol) or second best SEC recruiting class.
It's a nice thought that Hee Haw gets it. But even the sunshine pumper Bob Redman stated that a 10th ranked recruiting class won't cut it at Florida and that we should very seldom be outside the top 5. We'll also see if he insists on playing LDR at QB. What should we say? Cautiously optimistic at best, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator