Jim McElwain sucks and we told you so, na nana na boo boo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And Clemson just won the National Championship,..duh.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Signing day is over with so who can they add

Any "grayshirted" athlete can opt out of postponing entering college. His NLI is declared void and he can accept a scholly and enter any college at that school's proper fall term with no lay-out year penalty.
So if Clemson's fall term starts Aug 18, 2017, then a (say) Bama greyshirt decides he doesn't want to wait 'til 2018 to start college, he can (up 'til Aug 18, 2017) take a scholly from Clemson with no one year "sit-out penalty".

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Any "grayshirted" athlete can opt out of postponing entering college. His NLI is declared void and he can accept a scholly and enter any college at that school's proper fall term with no lay-out year penalty.
So if Clemson's fall term starts Aug 18, 2017, then a (say) Bama greyshirt decides he doesn't want to wait 'til 2018 to start college, he can (up 'til Aug 18, 2017) take a scholly from Clemson with no one year "sit-out penalty".
Oh ok I get what you are saying, but still the same could happen to UF so it don't matter. My original point was to point out they only took 14 players so it's hard to be in the top 15 when you only bring in that many players

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about O'reilly. He's not on my listen to list. It is a very weird road and was used evolutionists in Darwin's time. It was used for "quantum evolution" , exa

I don't know about O'Reilly. He's not on my listen to list. It is a very weird word and was used by evolutionists in Darwin's time. It was used for "quantum evolution" , example, from a fish directly to an amphibian, skipping all the thousands of implied intermediates. Darwin refused to except such "nonsense" saying he might as well accept creation as to go that route. Darwin's bulldog Huxley even coaxed Darwin to accept a few "saltations." I threw it out there in the post to see if anybody else had heard the word. Of course, I'm a tad older than you. :-)
Saltation is also a geology or geomorphology term that describes how sediment, sand and larger particles bounce along a river bottom as they're carried downstream.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saltation is also a geology or geomorphology term that describes how sediment, sand and larger particles bounce along a river bottom as they're carried downstream.

Which begs my quote "Geographers' craziness about geography borders on contiguity."
Thanks for that descriptive definition, liked learning that, "GollyGeeBart".... errr, I mean Geology-Bart ;).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So from many previous comments the non-believers will still continue to school us on the despair and desperation of our program. The consensus was "not till I see it on the field" Well I guess we have 8 more months of we suck they suck he sucks and fck butters..........the funny thing was his signing class was 20-30 steps higher than many doomsayers predicted. The bowl game was much more than they expected. Gonna be a long off season. Im gonna enjoy basketball ( a GREAT sport) and then hope our new fellas come in with vim and vigor ready to make us proud. I am optimistic about next year and
IF WE CAN FIND A GDAMM QUARTERBACK WE MAY KNOCK DOWN THE DOOR
Yeah.....

Sure.

Bumped into this old thread by accident. Old Coach sure is a soothsayer though.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have gone through a few of these and decided I would look like an "I told you so" kinda guy so I have refrained from doing so. There are some threads where I took a lot of personal shots for telling the truth. A couple posters have done a mea culpa but most haven't said a word. Oh well. I think we all just want the best for our program.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I have gone through a few of these and decided I would look like an "I told you so" kinda guy so I have refrained from doing so. There are some threads where I took a lot of personal shots for telling the truth. A couple posters have done a mea culpa but most haven't said a word. Oh well. I think we all just want the best for our program.

Plus there is also the possibility of having a Spurrier type turn around and some of the dumpers having to eat similar threads on no talent, can't win with these facilities, etc.

For example in 1989 UF's leading receivers looked terrible. UF's leading receivers were Ernie Mills with 19 catches and 3 TDs, Kirk Kirkpatrick with 18 catches and zero TDs, Terrance Barber 14 catches with 2 TDs, . The next year this untalented bunch was led by Kirkpatrick catching 55 balls with 7 TDs, Mills 41 catches with 10 TDs and Barber 35 catches with 2 TDs again. As a group with good coaching that went from looking like an untalented group catching 51 balls with 5 TDs go looking really good catching 131 balls with 19 TDs. That is what can happen with a decent offense and decent coaching.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Plus there is also the possibility of having a Spurrier type turn around and some of the dumpers having to eat similar threads on no talent, can't win with these facilities, etc.

What are you talking about? It was proven Mac was garbage. The dumpers were right and wrongfully persecuted.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What are you talking about?

I am talking about the future. Good grief.

Those of us skeptical about McElwain were proven right on McElwain. The star struck and the builder have not been proven anything yet.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
What are you talking about? It was proven Mac was garbage. The dumpers were right and wrongfully persecuted.

Good god, I am so sick of the labels. We all want what's best for the program. We're all Gator Nation.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This board has been "giving it to Mac!" for two years.

View attachment 5096

This deserved a repost
jiggle-gif.5096

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do we really need to necro these old threads? I think we're all happy Mac was fired at this point and hoping the next hire will be a great one. Can't we just leave it at that? Many of us were wrong about Mac. So sue us for hoping our football team would improve and we wouldn't have to go through another coaching search and program reset again already. Let it go. He's gone. It's over.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Do we really need to necro these old threads? I think we're all happy Mac was fired at this point and hoping the next hire will be a great one. Can't we just leave it at that? Many of us were wrong about Mac. So sue us for hoping our football team would improve and we wouldn't have to go through another coaching search and program reset again already. Let it go. He's gone. It's over.

How convenient. Sure. Water under the bridge. I hope some of the more sanctimonious folks learned a valuable lesson or two.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am talking about the future. Good grief.

Those of us skeptical about McElwain were proven right on McElwain. The star struck and the builder have not been proven anything yet.

I apologize if I misunderstood you but there shouldn't be any "dumpers" at this point. If a coach comes in and does more with less that is great. That's what great coaches do. It is a fact that there's a dearth of talent on the team though. It is indisputable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb