Jimbo Fisher crying about having to play Charleston Southern on 5 days rest

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...ppy-with-early-season-schedule-150158884.html

"Start times for the first four games of Florida State’s 2016 season were announced last week, and Seminoles head coach Jimbo Fisher is not happy about how it all plays out. At a booster event in Tampa on Sunday night, Fisher expressed his distaste for the 12:30 p.m. kick time for FSU’s second game – a Sept. 10 home matchup with FCS Charleston Southern.The reason for the distaste? FSU has a quick turnaround after opening its season just five days prior in a Monday night showdown against Ole Miss in Orlando.

I think it’s a very big challenge,” Fisher said per Warchant.com. “I don’t like that because you’re coming off a Monday night game to a 12:30 game. I think it’s ridiculous in college to ask kids to play on a Monday-Saturday or a Saturday-Thursday – if they’re truly worried about the kids. I think those (quick-turnaround) games are ridiculous. “I think it’s unfair to (the players). It’s not what’s good for the body and everything else.”

Fisher had to know this was a possibility, right? After all, the Ole Miss game wasannounced in November 2014 and hyped up as a Monday night affair. When the contract was signed, Fisher had to know there was a very good chance an early Saturday kick was just around the corner.I bet that reported $3.5 million from ESPN sounded good, too. And no disrespect to Charleston Southern, a team coming off a 10-3 record and an FCS playoffs appearance, but it’s not like the Seminoles are playing Clemson on short rest. It’s an FCS team. At home. Fisher has one of the most talented rosters in college football. The Noles shouldn’t have an issue taking care of business in this one.It’s not like FSU is flying across the country, either. The team will get on its private jet after the game and fly an hour north back to Tallahassee. That’s not even enough time for Jimbo to watch the game film before returning to campus! Would a 3:30 p.m. kickoff really make that much of a difference?

Fisher’s gripes don’t stop there. Florida State’s Week 3 matchup at Louisville has a noon kickoff. That’s three games in 12 days – two fewer than an ordinary schedule. To compensate, Fisher is adjusting his team’s practice schedule.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Noon games probably are really difficult on those FSU players. Everyone knows they do most of their work after midnight. The NCAA should show some mercy here. Rape, theft, and dealing are physically demanding and take more than 4 to 5 hours of sleep for a guy to recover from.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Noles can't recover and perform again as quickly as Gators. Just ask Candy.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
061012f0-bd0e-0131-8e02-2e525f243e56.gif

You've gotta fight, fight, fight for FSU
You've gotta scalp 'em Seminoles.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
**** FSU, **** Jimbo, and I'd say **** Candi too, but...

472352576-taylor-jacobs-of-the-florida-gators-looks-on-gettyimages.jpg

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Everything they do at fsu is totally disgusting and it starts at the top. There is no valid reason for that place to exist.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Good thing it's only Charleston Southern. They'd be in real trouble if Mother Teresa and The Sisters of the Poor rolled into town.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Fisher expressed his distaste for the 12:30 p.m. kick time for FSU’s second game – a Sept. 10 home matchup with FCS Charleston Southern.The reason for the distaste? FSU has a quick turnaround after opening its season just five days prior in a Monday night showdown against Ole Miss in Orlando.

I think it’s a very big challenge,” Fisher said per Warchant.com. “I don’t like that because you’re coming off a Monday night game to a 12:30 game. I think it’s ridiculous in college to ask kids to play on a Monday-Saturday or a Saturday-Thursday – if they’re truly worried about the kids
The biggest problem is they always seem to be playing at 12.00 if not on Thursday or Friday nights. You'd think that a program that has been in the Top10 for the last 4 or 5 years would command prime time television start times or at the very least Saturday afternoon, 3.00-4.00, start times. Them and their sh!tty conference that no one seems to give a damned about are to blame...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I could see this if it was Will Muschamp having to play on a Monday night....then having a game against Georgia Southern on Saturday. But I'm not sure why Jimbo is b*tching.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So halfassu plays ol miss after Kemdiche, Tunsil and Treadwell leave. :loser:

I hope Dumbo is looking past ol miss at scary Charleston Southern and gets his azzhole handed to him

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Jimbo is a complainer and a finger pointer. He complained and pointed fingers about rankings in the past, he complained and pointed the fingers everywhere but at FSU when the Jameis situation was going on. Maybe if he complains nobody will notice how FSU underachieves every year other than the 2 years they had the 2nd best college QB in history.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Jimbo is a complainer and a finger pointer. He complained and pointed fingers about rankings in the past, he complained and pointed the fingers everywhere but at FSU when the Jameis situation was going on. Maybe if he complains nobody will notice how FSU underachieves every year other than the 2 years they had the 2nd best college QB in history.

2nd best? He's maybe the 2nd best in clown college history, which means no better than 5th best in ncaa history, probably lower.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
CSU is a good school with a good coach, but run a basic spread offense. If anything, Freeze should bitch about playing Wofford on the Saturday following. Wofford runs the triple option, and do it well. That is a bitch to prep for on a short week, even with the talent disparity.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

2nd best quarterback in college history? Dude isn't even the second best quarterback at FSU.... by the way... Welcome Nole to GCMB. We will appreciate your "insight".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.