Jimbo inks another 8 years

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like all the talking heads in Tallacrappy are going all in on Jimbo for nearly the next decade....be really funny to see them back to losing 5 games a season here soon and FSU being stuck with this clown and not having the money to buy him out.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gene Chizik 2.0. They wanted him out of town before he caught the luckiest win streak in football history. Same reason I wanted nothing to do with Mullen as our HBC.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
Mistake. But good for us. Jimbo won't come close to replicating the success he's enjoyed the past two seasons.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
hush money... seedy tactics only stay under wraps if the chief purveyor is well compensated.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not only is he on the verge of losing his meal ticket...he is also facing the distinct possibility of being "Tressled" (what did you know and when?) in the near future.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I love this deal. They were wanting him run out of town 2 years ago. He wont ever repeat again.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
If there was ever a doubt that the administration at FSU possesses even a shred of moral fortitude, this action should confirm any misgiving. Just read an article yesterday on ESPN about why Jimbo "can't quit Winston" and it reported that Jimbo was so incensed with the administration over their mandate to sit Winston the entire game vs. Clemson that he threatened to quit. Jimbo is obviously pulling the strings at that joke of an institution of higher learning. Why every female student at FSU doesn't protest is a wonder to me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The guy is an *******, I think we can all agree. The way he's handled the Winston situation/issue is inexcusable.

But to suggest he's a bad/mediocre/below average coach is idiotic. The guy is among the best coaches in college football not named Meyer or Saban.

He's 58-10 at FSU. He's 1-0 vs. Meyer. He's 4-1 vs. UF. He's 6-1 vs. the SEC. He's coached a Heisman winner and 2 other QBs that were 1st round draft picks (since he's been at FSU), plus the 1st pick in the draft while at LSU (Spurrier has had ONE taken in the 1st round in his entire career as a QB coach - Rex). He replaced 6 coaches and a 1st round QB in 2013 and won the NC, defeating the mighty SEC in the process. He's had top 5 recruiting classes every year he's been at FSU. His first 2 seasons weren't spectacular (10 wins & 9 wins) but since then he's won 3 consecutive conference titles, won an NC, and is on a 29 game winning streak. He's got his team in the first ever CFB playoffs.

Yeah, he can't coach! We should all be celebrating and drinking champagne that FSU is so stupid to extend his contract!

Now, here we are at UF (6-5) hiring yet another Saban assistant....this time an offensive one. I HOPE this hire is as good as Jimbo has been.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good. He wasn't crap before Winston and he won't be crap afterwards

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
GatorJ;n136723 said:
Good. He wasn't crap before Winston and he won't be crap afterwards

So, he's been there 5 years and every QB he's had at FSU was or will be a 1st round draft pick. You don't think he knows how to find a QB? Did you watch the Clemson game this year? He had a 3-star QB start due to Winston's suspension. They guy goes on to throw for 300+ yards and leads them to a come from behind win. Yeah, he can't coach QBs either....

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Somewhat agree with BMF. I'm still not sure why FSU put themselves on the hook for eight years. Where is he going to go? Is there a better destination? He has an easy regular season and can put FSU in the final equation every year without stressing the regular season. Eight years just seems odd.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This will look bad when they get hit hard with sanctions. I'm dreaming, I know.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
BMF;n136714 said:
The guy is an *******, I think we can all agree. The way he's handled the Winston situation/issue is inexcusable.

But to suggest he's a bad/mediocre/below average coach is idiotic. The guy is among the best coaches in college football not named Meyer or Saban.

He's 58-10 at FSU. He's 1-0 vs. Meyer. He's 4-1 vs. UF. He's 6-1 vs. the SEC. He's coached a Heisman winner and 2 other QBs that were 1st round draft picks (since he's been at FSU), plus the 1st pick in the draft while at LSU (Spurrier has had ONE taken in the 1st round in his entire career as a QB coach - Rex). He replaced 6 coaches and a 1st round QB in 2013 and won the NC, defeating the mighty SEC in the process. He's had top 5 recruiting classes every year he's been at FSU. His first 2 seasons weren't spectacular (10 wins & 9 wins) but since then he's won 3 consecutive conference titles, won an NC, and is on a 29 game winning streak. He's got his team in the first ever CFB playoffs.

Yeah, he can't coach! We should all be celebrating and drinking champagne that FSU is so stupid to extend his contract!

Now, here we are at UF (6-5) hiring yet another Saban assistant....this time an offensive one. I HOPE this hire is as good as Jimbo has been.

Yea, thats why they were screaming for his head just 2 years ago. Any average coach given the talent he has available should dominate the apple cupcake conference. I think the guy is inner bred.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n136728 said:
So, he's been there 5 years and every QB he's had at FSU was or will be a 1st round draft pick. You don't think he knows how to find a QB? Did you watch the Clemson game this year? He had a 3-star QB start due to Winston's suspension. They guy goes on to throw for 300+ yards and leads them to a come from behind win. Yeah, he can't coach QBs either....
No, he's not great. 5* WR s and RB everywhere, I hope the QB can get the WR the ball they are running wide open. Even Winston has a lot of balls WRs have to stop and come back to, they can because there is no DB wn 10 yds of them.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Also this contract has made me happy as Mac will get a chance to go 9 in a row w this clown

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
gatormandan;n136751 said:
Yea, thats why they were screaming for his head just 2 years ago. Any average coach given the talent he has available should dominate the apple cupcake conference. I think the guy is inner bred.

Typical. So basically, if he doesn't go 14-0 every year he's a failure. I got it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Floridagator;n136754 said:
No, he's not great. 5* WR s and RB everywhere, I hope the QB can get the WR the ball they are running wide open. Even Winston has a lot of balls WRs have to stop and come back to, they can because there is no DB wn 10 yds of them.

Typical. Where did that "great" talent come from? It came from the coach....going out and recruiting top 5 classes every year. So what if a WR comes back to the ball? That means Jimbo is a bad coach? It tells me Winston made a bad throw/read or the WR ran a bad/wrong route. You can't argue w/ the results. The guy is among the best coaches not named Meyer or Saban. And if he wins it all this year, he's up there w/ Meyer.

Again, I hate the guy. But I'm not blind. He's lost 10 games in 5 years. Meyer lost 5 games his last year at UF. Yet you want to argue with results. He has to go 14-0 every year for Gator fan to be impressed (and even then there will be the "oh...he was lucky" comments. Tell me what good coach ISN'T lucky!).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Jimbo has done a great job recruiting, but he's always been a mediocrity of a head coach. A great QB put him over the top, and they will return to again struggling to win the ACC after he's gone. This extension is good for UF in the long run.

BMF is obviously a relative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb