Jimbo Resigns - will accept Texas A&M job

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
It would be hard to be worse.
You can bet it won't be a Bowden.
It won't be anybody currently on the staff.
It won't be anybody that ever coached there before.
It won't be Scott Frost. He's headed to Nebraska.
It won't be anybody that is currently retired.
My guess: Taggert, Strong, or Norvell.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
my friend in Tally does not seem optimistic about Jimbo, and he is as bad as most of us on here following everything. So he's not out of the loop. He said over half of the assistant coaches were already expected to be fired/retired after the season. So unless FSU ponies up a lot of money, I expect Jimbo to be gone. I think Patterson just signed an extension, which makes Jimbo an even more attractive hire for them.

His replacement? I'd expect Taggart to be on their radar, but I've been told time and time again that UF and Gainesville are far more liberal in their thinking and that Tally is still loaded with good ole boys. Does that mean Taggart won't land there? No, but it could come into play if he is not far and away the best option. I don't see Frost touching it or Strong, obviously. Norvell will be entertaining Arky and ASU prior to FSU in all likelihood. BTW, the red flags on Norvell was gambling, but just rumors. Not sure who they get, maybe a coordinator. Clawson has to end up somewhere.

As for recruits, FSU has a DT from GA listed at 6'2 350 who is a 4*. They also have a 3* LB from Deerfield and a 4* LB from Tally.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I think Jimbo is gone. The sports guy on WESH played the clip where he didn't even bother with a denial, just the standard "i'm the coach here right now" line. Guy sounded like he had one leg in College Station.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'd love to see F$U downgrade their coaching staff by losing Dumbo.

I'd love to see aTm go sideways with hiring of Dumbo.

Don't care much about stealing recruits from the clown school. Anyone dumb enough to go there.....(yes, I had an ex-gf who went there).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU is a week behind because they wanted to be bowl eligible. Jimbo will be announced to TA&M on Sat or Sun and FSU will be scrambling.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DanWolken: Source: Florida State officials have started doing background work on Oregon coach Willie Taggart in preparation for the possibility Jimbo Fisher takes the Texas A&M job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FSU hiring a losing coach would be the best christmas gift ever for UF fans, and would substantially lower the pressure on Mullins.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: An adjective used way too lightly in sports, but certainly a tough blow for Seminoles if Jimbo bails.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
@osgators: An adjective used way too lightly in sports, but certainly a tough blow for Seminoles if Jimbo bails.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.