Jimbo.... Say what?

DevoGator

Founding Member
Grip it Good
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
"Why is there a question?" Fisher said. "Because of the character assassination that he's lived through in the media, and the [misinformation] and half-truths that have been printed. What amazes me about this whole process is the un-professionalism of a lot of major newspapers, and a lot of major outlets that did not report the whole truth of the situation and only slanted it for their own opinion."

Fisher went on to defend Winston's character, saying that NFL teams should not be concerned.

"Jameis has great character," Fisher said. "Did he make mistakes? Yes. Did he make silly mistakes? Yes. I mean, he's still a 20-year-old kid. He and Johnny Manziel are the only two who have ever gone through that pressure of winning a Heisman [as an underclassman]. Plus, he won a national championship. No one had ever done what he had done.

"Some of his mistakes come from wanting to be normal. … He likes being seen as a normal student, and not Jameis Winston. … That got him in trouble by making some poor choices. … It wasn't from malice, but just from a little bit of immaturity. He's still just 20 years old. He'll grow through that."

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
DevoGator;n199855 said:
"Why is there a question?" Fisher said. "Because of the character assassination that he's lived through in the media, and the [misinformation] and half-truths that have been printed. What amazes me about this whole process is the un-professionalism of a lot of major newspapers, and a lot of major outlets that did not report the whole truth of the situation and only slanted it for their own opinion."

Fisher went on to defend Winston's character, saying that NFL teams should not be concerned.

"Jameis has great character," Fisher said. "Did he make mistakes? Yes. Did he make silly mistakes? Yes. I mean, he's still a 20-year-old kid. He and Johnny Manziel are the only two who have ever gone through that pressure of winning a Heisman [as an underclassman]. Plus, he won a national championship. No one had ever done what he had done.

"Some of his mistakes come from wanting to be normal. … He likes being seen as a normal student, and not Jameis Winston. … That got him in trouble by making some poor choices. … It wasn't from malice, but just from a little bit of immaturity. He's still just 20 years old. He'll grow through that."

:headslap:

And this whole statement...:headscratch:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MidwestChomp;n199869 said:
:headslap:

And this whole statement...:headscratch:

I'm sure it sounded good to him when he said it. Now he probably regrets that statement because the whole darn thing is false.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
DevoGator;n199855 said:
"Why is there a question?" Fisher said. "Because of the character assassination that he's lived through in the media, and the [misinformation] and half-truths that have been printed. What amazes me about this whole process is the un-professionalism of a lot of major newspapers...

"Jameis has great character," Fisher said. "Did he make mistakes? Yes. Did he make silly mistakes? Yes. I mean, he's still a 20-year-old kid.

...but just from a little bit of immaturity. He's still just 20 years old. He'll grow through that."

(1) What about the misinformation, half truths and unprofessionalism of the TPD and the university? Nothing to say about those?

(2) He's just a 20 yr old immature kid, huh? And you wonder why NFL teams should be concerned. Sure...just have this "kid" go in the first round and hand him millions of dollars...what could go wrong with that?

(3) So Rapeis is just a 20 yr. old immature kid. What's your excuse for being an ass face?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There are plenty of 19 year old "kids" in college perpetrating none such crap as Winston. ?? What 99% of them ?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n199929 said:
(2) He's just a 20 yr old immature kid, huh? And you wonder why NFL teams should be concerned. Sure...just have this "kid" go in the first round and hand him millions of dollars...what could go wrong with that?
I've said it before and I'll repeat myself for those who didn't hear.....This kid will either be dead or in jail within 5 years, and no I don't feel bad saying it. Any team willing to waste a draft pick on him is just throwing away that pick and assuring themselves of headaches associated with his behavioral patterns.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n199909 said:
Victim of character assassination. So that's what's wrong with him.

Jimbo may be right on this one. The kid's character looks to have died long ago.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n199929 said:
(1) What about the misinformation, half truths and unprofessionalism of the TPD and the university? Nothing to say about those?

(3) So Rapeis is just a 20 yr. old immature kid. What's your excuse for being an ass face?

Yup. +1 x 3

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n199929 said:
He's a bastard Bowden love child. It comes naturally.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Not surprised by the quote. Jimbo may be an idiot, but he's surely realized that his own legacy is now tied to Winston's and he's going to do whatever he can to change the narrative. All this time we were focused on the wrong victims, Jameis was the victim all along. Who knew?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
EuroGator;n199976 said:
Jimbo may be right on this one. The kid's character looks to have died long ago.

Whatever remaining "character" Jameis may have had leaving high school died soon after he signed with fsu.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Obviously he is a good coach. However, it has become abundantly clear that this guy is either an idiot or an amoral jackass.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n200125 said:
Obviously he is a good coach. However, it has become abundantly clear that this guy is either an idiot or an amoral jackass.

Or both!!! I vote for both!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah cause Tebow didn't win a national championship as a freshman or the Heisman as a true sophomore (which was more or less the same year Manziel and Winston won it). And he didn't have the pressure of being a Heisman winner his last two years of college. And he didn't repeat as national champion, either.

Jimbo is a such a dumb f*ck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n200125 said:
Obviously he is a LUCKY coach.
FIFY.

He's a mediocre coach with the incredible luck of having Creyer go Full Vagina during Dimbo HalfBowden's tenure. Had Creyer fizzled even slightly more slowly or had our AD had any semblence of competence at hiring HCs, Dimbo would have been fired in 2011 or 2012.

Frankly, his offense looked disjointed and subpar this year. I can't wait to see how quickly it returns to EJ/Ponder level once Rapeis is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb