Jimbo to get extension at A&M - thread title update for LawDonk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is a chance Dumbo's name will pop up for the LSU job again as Joe Aleva realized what a retard he actually is for hiring chain smoker Ogre.
No one has ever been more perfect for LSU.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, why? He had several high flying OC whom he stangled to death.

There is no fixing stupid. Whether it is Miles, Mcelwain or Mullen. They want to run the clock out and let the defense be the stars. There is no changing that.

However, my expression indicates the AD-boosters' insisting on hiring this particular OC would insist that he is the CEO of the offense, not to be tamper hampered. Miles was a good recruiter. He was the "Face" of LSU for so long. Under Miles LSU was a nationally prominent team, seen each year as the main challenger to Bama. LSU is no longer seen as the powerful team they usually were because Miles isn't there. The misguided folks that fired Miles had no new HC hire that was really good and that's why Orgeron became their stumbled-onto HC. All that makes the Miles-firing a mistake.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Uh oh... flushed out another troll Nole Troll.

So, why does Jimbob Bowdenbastard get mentioned every year, yet the truly elite coaches don't. Who do you think keeps floating these "I may be available" signs?
I’m assuming his agent is playing FSU for more money.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All that makes the Miles-firing a mistake.
Les Miles was a 4-5 loss coach who greatly underachieved w top 3 talent, mostly bc his insistence on using a stone age offense.

Its never a mistake to fire a terrible coach even though you may accidentally hire a terrible coach again.

The fact that no one anywhere has any interest in hiring that clown is all you need to know really.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
One of Jimbo's players had a heat stroke in practice:

Koda Martin sent to ICU following heat stroke,

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...e-father-credits-texas-trainers-quick-action/

Scary situation to report from College Station as senior offensive lineman Koda Martin had to be taken to the hospital this week due to suffering a heat stroke suffered at practice, according to his father Kirk Martin. It sounds like the situation could have been much worse, though, and Koda has already been released following a few days in the hospital.

According to a note posted on Twitter by Kirk, Texas A&M’s trainers took action immediately upon learning of his son’s ailment. Kirk credits the Aggie trainers for potentially saving his son’s life.

Martin has been a staple on the Texas A&M offensive line over the last two seasons, making 26 appearances and 15 starts during that time. He also won the team’s Weight Room MVP last season. He was one of the team’s three representatives at SEC Media Days last summer.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Man you are harsh. I won't bother going back through your pile of posts to see where you've made a wrong call, I'm sure it never happened.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Based on the way Fooley and his clone work, if Dumbo does not make it to the SECCG game this season getting Bama, with a totally overhauled roster, at College Station, then I suspect Cousin Eddie would be bumped up to 8 figures/yr. given the way things work between the shag carpet and the drop ceilings.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those Texas oil men are known for having more money than sense.

Read Friday Night Lights recently... and it highlights how this statement is so fuching true... just look at Jerrah Jones.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I honestly think this is to make it more difficult to leave A&M when Saban retires since Jimbo and Dabo are probably the top two choices one would suspect to head there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow $9mil!

@skhanjr: News from Aggieland -- Texas A&M is giving coach Jimbo Fisher a raise and a three-year contract extension. Fisher will see his salary elevated to $9 million per year. @BrentZwerneman was first to report the news: Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher to get 3-year extension, raise: Source

This is even more stupid than Mullen's contract. But, he has built a solid roster there and if he finds a QB they'll be the 2nd best team in the West (which isn't saying much). Until Saban leaves it's really irrelevant. That Bama game at A&M this year will be interesting. If Jimbo gets blown out again that'll put a big damper on things for A&M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator