Joe Montana / Tom Brady: Namath Speaks

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n178644 said:
Remember, Johnny U played when there relatively few cities touting NFL franchises plus only a few organizations could produce competitive championship caliber teams. Do you really think Unitas could decipher the complicated defenses and deal with the rampant parity in this era of the National Football League? I really don't know. Just asking.

Johnny U also played in a rougher era than either of the other two mentioned, and changed the NFL through passing. Put Unitas in Montana's NFL or the even more slack Brady's NFL, where instead of the rules grossly favoring the running game, but favoring the passing game think what he could do. Unitas consecutive touchdown streak lasted 52 years. No conversation about greatest quarterbacks all time cannot have Unitas, because without Unitas there is no Brady or Montana.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;178644 said:
Remember, Johnny U played when there relatively few cities touting NFL franchises plus only a few organizations could produce competitive championship caliber teams. Do you really think Unitas could decipher the complicated defenses and deal with the rampant parity in this era of the National Football League? I really don't know. Just asking.

I have no idea. It's virtually impossible to compare eras. They're each the best of their generations though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's ox' s view on this? He's one of the only people I know who's old enough to have seen unitas play in his hay day.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Alvin York;n178644 said:
I read the newest Bio on JohnyU a few years back, Excellent read on the man. Did you know the could knock the sh#t out of the QB on every play back then? It was a badazzzz time to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb