Joey Ivie in the weightroom

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hard to believe Joey is a senior this year. I'm pretty sure his brother is even stronger....

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/F...oes-a-330-pound-clean-and-split-jerk-46352462

Florida DT Joey Ivie does a 330-pound clean and split jerk

Florida players have been hard at work in the weight room this offseason, and one likely starter for the Gators showed off some serious power on his Instagram account on Thursday.

Defensive tackle Joey Ivie tweeted out a video of a 330-pound clean and split jerk. In the video you can see quarterback Luke Del Rio and linebacker Alex Anzalone cheering him on in the Florida weight room as he knocks out the rep. Check it out below.

Follow
Joey Ivie @JoeyIvie

I still got it... 330lbs #09-03-16 https://www.instagram.com/p/BIH-HR-jf6KHE9XSiPIWrTOsYC7Ta9z3gPCP8M0/ …

12:08 PM - 21 Jul 2016

Ivie, a 6-foot-3, 295-pound senior, played in 10 games a year ago and started five. He is expected to start inside at nose guard for Florida in 2016, alongside junior Caleb Brantley. Ivie racked up 27 tackles, 4.0 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks and a forced fumble last season.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Loved seeing LDR cheerleading in the background.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's STILL a lil light in the azz for a DT though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
295 ain't bad
I think that's about where Bullard was last year....I know Joey isn't as versatile as Bullard but if he takes a similar step up in level of play this year he'll be getting an NFL paycheck at least for a few years. I would love to see that as he has been a solid player, never in any trouble, and played during personal tragedy last year when his sister was killed in an auto accident.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think that's about where Bullard was last year....I know Joey isn't as versatile as Bullard but if he takes a similar step up in level of play this year he'll be getting an NFL paycheck at least for a few years. I would love to see that as he has been a solid player, never in any trouble, and played during personal tragedy last year when his sister was killed in an auto accident.

Bullard played at 283. But he was also a hybrid DE/DT....and he'll likely be a DE in the NFL. Ivie & Bullard are two totally different type of players.

The new roster should be released in the next 2-3 weeks. I imagine we'll see some weight gain on a lot of these kids. Ivie was listed at 295 on last year's roster. His brother is 2 inches shorter and listed at 302 on last year's roster.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bullard played at 283. But he was also a hybrid DE/DT....and he'll likely be a DE in the NFL. Ivie & Bullard are two totally different type of players.

The new roster should be released in the next 2-3 weeks. I imagine we'll see some weight gain on a lot of these kids. Ivie was listed at 295 on last year's roster. His brother is 2 inches shorter and listed at 302 on last year's roster.
Yup.....I wasn't trying to compare them based on versatility just hoping he can make the kind of jump Bullard did between his jr. and sr. seasons.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
i taught Joey and his brother Andrew PE when Joey was in 5th grade. He won the county shot put for elem. that year.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately the years of our oline allowing defensive linemen to snap our QB's in half are still here.

I actually think the Oline is going to be improved this year and Del Rio getting the ball out quickly will help also. Grier still had to deal with pressure last year, but not as much as Treon who held the ball forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.