Johnson Excited about the Future of Gator Basketball

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
ZHughes at Gatorcountry has an essay on UF basketball recruit Chase Johnson. Here is an excerpt:

zhughes said:
Versatility and size are two attributes that come in handy in the game of basketball. A combination of both makes for a dangerous player. Florida is getting a guy with both in class of 2017 forward Chase Johnson. The 6’8 big man from Huntington Prep in West Virginia will be bringing a unique skill set to Gainesville.

The way Johnson loves to play is the same way that the Gators look to play. Johnson wants to run the floor and make plays. The ability to shoot the ball well from distance makes him difficult to guard.

Click on the link for the rest of this article:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...ed-about-future-of-florida-gators-basketball/

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is good to see. I think we have a good class right now and we have a lot of momentum. It will be interesting to see what happens during the off-season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's hope the 2017-2018 season goes even farther into the Big Dance than this year, if not into the NC Final Game. First, just for us Rowdy Reptiles to have a full season of excitement. Second, to get the highest caliber of recruits interested in us .... early on. I am very thankful that Johnson is a Gator. Let's get some bangers kissing it off the backboard straight into the net. And let 'em 'debound' opponents away from our Bigs' "sitty limits" 'neath the baskets at both ends so we get the rebounds and put-backs. (I'm thankful White is a Gator, also.)

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is good to see. I think we have a good class right now and we have a lot of momentum. It will be interesting to see what happens during the off-season.

It is interesting that Johnson compares his game to Andrew Wiggins. They are the same height according to UF and the Timberwolves roster. Johnson is only a bit heavier listed by UF as 205 lbs compared to Wiggins 199 lbs by the Wolves. Wiggins was a moderate outside shooter in college and now again in the NBA and got a decent not great number of rebounds in both too.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Most recent highlight tape i could find

He looks solid but I'm not seeing anything resembling Andrew Wiggins lol. Maybe it's just me, but I see more of an Erik Murphy (which would be completely fine).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He looks solid but I'm not seeing anything resembling Andrew Wiggins lol. Maybe it's just me, but I see more of an Erik Murphy (which would be completely fine).
I was thinking more justin leon but more polished coming out of highschool.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I guess that solves the lack of dunks issue. I see more Chandler Parsons, but maybe not as athletic but a better handle and less Wiggins, but then I only saw Wiggins play against UF his one year of college and then he went back to Canada and so you never see him.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess that solves the lack of dunks issue. I see more Chandler Parsons, but maybe not as athletic but a better handle and less Wiggins, but then I only saw Wiggins play against UF his one year of college and then he went back to Canada and so you never see him.
Chandler Parsons 2.0

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Now let's hope he can make all of us excited.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But, he's white........??????

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... like that raved-about white guy sophomore on Wisconson's team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator