Jose Fernandez Coked Up

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No gloating. I waited til the facts came out. You blasted me for not jumping on the sympathy train right away. You were the one that didn't wait for the facts and started the Jose fan club Memorial the morning it happened.

I didn't jump on anybody lol what are you talking about?

Jose fan club? Because I was sad he died and felt awful for his family, friends and teammates. You must be trolling tonight

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all are just going to go at it till the thread gets locked aren't you?

Why do I always have to be the voice of reason around here?

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure we can all look back on our lives a breath a sigh of relief that we made it through after making bad decisions. You're lying to yourselves if you think otherwise.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The alcohol everyone knew was the case. The cocaine was a surprise. With both a baby and a 9-figure contract on the way, he really made some poor decisions that night.

Wow, really -- a case of alcohol ?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure we can all look back on our lives a breath a sigh of relief that we made it through after making bad decisions. You're lying to yourselves if you think otherwise.

Yep. I got lucky..... very lucky. I think back at my life and want to kick my own ass.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Figured that would be the case at least about the alcohol. Flying around a dangerous area at night like that in a boat at that speed.

The spin was pretty strong trying to suggest alcohol might not be related in the initial articles.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if they determine whether or not he was driving. Other two guys weren't over 0.08, so it's entirely possible he told one of them to drive, and their unfamiliarity with the waters there led to the crash. Authorities say they've interviewed a "very reliable" witness who was on the phone with Jose shortly before the crash and heard him give whoever was driving directions.

If we're passing judgment because he was using cocaine, might as well pass judgment on a HELL of a lot of other professional athletes. It's disappointing to hear, but it's not like it's a rare occurrence for someone who is rich to be snorting coke. FFS, there was a presidential nominee sniffing like a coke fiend on national TV during the debates.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Death by way of young and stupid. And, yes, it's sad anyway you look at it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if they determine whether or not he was driving. Other two guys weren't over 0.08, so it's entirely possible he told one of them to drive, and their unfamiliarity with the waters there led to the crash. Authorities say they've interviewed a "very reliable" witness who was on the phone with Jose shortly before the crash and heard him give whoever was driving directions.

If we're passing judgment because he was using cocaine, might as well pass judgment on a HELL of a lot of other professional athletes. It's disappointing to hear, but it's not like it's a rare occurrence for someone who is rich to be snorting coke. FFS, there was a presidential nominee sniffing like a coke fiend on national TV during the debates.
Was this kid a personal friend of yours? Not sure why you seemingly took his completely avoidable death so personally.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was this kid a personal friend of yours? Not sure why you seemingly took his completely avoidable death so personally.

Sas is a huge Marlins fan. He's probably struggling with the whole thing.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
It was definitely a sad thing and an unfortunate incident, but he made his decision and paid the ultimate price. We've all been stupid at times and have made bad decisions. Stupidity and fun go hand in hand. What is sad is when innocent people have to suffer the consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator