Joseph Goebbels is running Swamp Gas

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'm still a fence sitter but I must say this "death threat" thing pizzes me off. That should have never been made public. That probably happens a lot in programs having a few rough few years. That's something Butch Jones would come up with. You ask your players to fight through adversity and injuries and then you make this bullsh@t public, what kind of toughness does that show. It's not an excuse and your not getting sympathy from me.

That said, I ALWAYS believe believe in the Gators and I've seen nothing in the last 4-5 years to think uga is that much more talented than us if at all. Gators 25-24

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
That said, I ALWAYS believe believe in the Gators and I've seen nothing in the last 4-5 years to think uga is that much more talented than us if at all. Gators 25-24

I'd agree with that. Talent wise, there isn't much of a separation, but coaching and development there does seem to be.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pumpers are welcome here! You just have to realize that you arent ONLY going to read the mandated opinion.

We also value humor and sarcasm no matter whether you are pumper dumper or otherwise. I dont get the very sterile "just the optimistic facts and just the sports" boards. They are too damn boring.

Hell most of the board are pumpers until it is well beyond evident that the coach has crashed and burned.

I think there were only a handful of people down on Butters up until Meatchikin.

I try to be coy about the "recruiting" over there. I have a different username over there, so if they read this site they cannot figure out it's me. But if I were to invite a "pumper" type they could possibly turn me into the admin's and I'd risk being permanently banned (I like having an account so I can fire off a smartass comment here and there, and/or participate in the recruiting discussions). But I do agree w/ your sentiment.

I was not doing cartwheels when we hired McElwain, but I sure did give him a chance. I saw enough the first season, even after the 6-0 start, to say "the jury is still out" - when many/most of the pumpers declared him a slam dunk hire. Year two it was painfully obvious....then when he retained the two worst coaches on the staff I was done w/ him. Michigan was his nail in the coffin for most anyone who has eyes. But for some reason, there's still a contingent that always seem to put the "coach above the program". I don't get it. Why is someone (a pumper) so in love w/ a coach that they don't care what it does to the program?

Those saying "we'll get what we deserve" are complete idiots. As has been pointed out, we fired Zook in year 3 and landed the hottest coach in the country. So they need to STFU!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
See, I wasn't totally down on Butters until the whole shenanigans with the death threats. I have said at least give him a chance to play CEO without Nuss. I did a whole take down of Nuss on the Gas after meatchikin and it was responded to overwhelmingly well which I was surprised. I was on the #firenuss train well before Michigan, but got very vocal afterward.

I'll try. I must say that BMF recruited me here. I used to read you guys on GSMB a few years ago and was glad to find it again. I do miss law's head shot profile pic though. There are also a few good ones, and maybe BMF brought them too, like Itraz that have come over.
See this is what i don't understand...he had his chance to play CEO without Nuss this year...he chose to keep him on for a 3rd year because he still thinks they have a good plan. I did not like the butters hire from day 1 but like with any coach I will be cautiously optimistic after they are hired. What little hope for him i had left was completely gone when he kept nuss and nord on

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
See this is what i don't understand...he had his chance to play CEO without Nuss this year...he chose to keep him on for a 3rd year because he still thinks they have a good plan. I did not like the butters hire from day 1 but like with any coach I will be cautiously optimistic after they are hired. What little hope for him i had left was completely gone when he kept nuss and nord on

I do think there is some accuracy there. I even said last year Nuss should be fired. The sole reason I didn't totally fall off with Mac, and still haven't though with this new thing its getting close, is he did bring in talent. Franks hasn't been what we thought he should be after 2 springs, 2 summers, and a fall, but I think that is less on Franks and more on Nuss as QB Coach/OC. Franks actually has the 2nd highest completion percentage in this offense with like 1% behind Grier. He's made some good throws, some bad, and some really stupid decisions (running out of bounds instead of throwing away at times), but he isn't being helped. I've put elsewhere a bunch of reasons why I'd give him one more year, but the key word as I've said is optics. Not our optics, the optics from the outside.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do think there is some accuracy there. I even said last year Nuss should be fired. The sole reason I didn't totally fall off with Mac, and still haven't though with this new thing its getting close, is he did bring in talent. Franks hasn't been what we thought he should be after 2 springs, 2 summers, and a fall, but I think that is less on Franks and more on Nuss as QB Coach/OC. Franks actually has the 2nd highest completion percentage in this offense with like 1% behind Grier. He's made some good throws, some bad, and some really stupid decisions (running out of bounds instead of throwing away at times), but he isn't being helped. I've put elsewhere a bunch of reasons why I'd give him one more year, but the key word as I've said is optics. Not our optics, the optics from the outside.
Fair enough...and I am not down on Franks at all. He was highly ranked because of his talent but it was extremely raw and everyone knew it. Raw talent coupled with the simplest of simple HS offenses is not a recipe to be starting in the SEC this early in his career. He needs a QB coach and OC to actually develop him and he should have been slated to start by about the time he was a JR. Either way it was painfully obvious even before nuss was hired he was a bad hire...and then to stick with him for 2 more years? I just think butters has lost it here and it's time to move on

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
61f.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Id rather have randy shannon with a new oc than mullen taggart or strong

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The sole reason I didn't totally fall off with Mac, and still haven't though with this new thing its getting close, is he did bring in talent.
No, he didnt. He brought in almost exactly the same number of bluechippers on Offense and 1/3 as much on Defense as Chimp.

It is a lie and has always been a lie spread by McElscusers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id rather have randy shannon with a new oc than mullen taggart or strong
I ought to slap your mama. That fvkking Cane. No.

Strong would be my "We failed" choice. After we finished the deal, Id immediately fire Stricklin for fvkking up his job.

Taggart is a losing coach who will be unemployed next year. Just because some SJW on twitter keep mentioning his name doesnt mean he is even on the list of possibilities.

Shannon, a Cane. A loser of a Cane. No thanks. He will be a position coach somewhere next year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I ought to slap your mama. That fvkking Cane. No.

Strong would be my "We failed" choice. After we finished the deal, Id immediately fire Stricklin for fvkking up his job.

Taggart is a losing coach who will be unemployed next year. Just because some SJW on twitter keep mentioning his name doesnt mean he is even on the list of possibilities.

Shannon, a Cane. A loser of a Cane. No thanks. He will be a position coach somewhere next year.
Do you think im advocating for him? No, im not. I just don't see a big enough uprgrade from the others so mine aswell keep him. He damn sure sounds more intelligent than the others you mentioned

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More material from swamp ass!

932e27a4199a89dadf7b5c2f393abddb.jpg

This is a joke, right? Shannon was average at best when he was at Miami and this guy wants to hire him because we played decent yesterday against a school that hasn’t had a football team since 2014. Swamp Ass should be the new name for that place

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Not sure who started the "keep Shannon" thread but probably a troll. 100% of the posters on there are against it. A lot to criticize that site for (mainly the insider portion) but this isn't one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.