Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's his star rating? I need to know if I should be happy or not

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I checked and he is a Juco 3* according to rivals. His offer list is crap I will admit, but he is huge

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We beat out Arkansas State, New Mexico, Texas State, Tulsa and UNLV.

I'm sure he's underrated and he looks great on film.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
hes 338 and runs a 4.9? Lord, that's pretty fast for a fatboy. He's from Blinn which is good, known for their Juco talent production. When does he report this fall or next?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We beat out Arkansas State, New Mexico, Texas State, Tulsa and UNLV.

I'm sure he's underrated and he looks great on film.

...And Oregon State, Utah... plus looks like he had offers from Miss State and and NC State out of high school. But yeah...way to undersell the prospect. You're as bad as any "pumper" when it comes to spinning something to make it fit your agenda.

The guys offer list doesn't blow me away but he's a BIG guy in a position of desperate need. Can't you at least be happy about landing this monster of a man in an area of weakness?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In him we've got a DLman that's 338 lbs as of now, along with decent speed (athleticism) .
He should be worrisome to block out. A good-news step forward. Now develop him further.
... just hope Trex can't pancake him.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
...And Oregon State, Utah... plus looks like he had offers from Miss State and and NC State out of high school. But yeah...way to undersell the prospect. You're as bad as any "pumper" when it comes to spinning something to make it fit your agenda.

The guys offer list doesn't blow me away but he's a BIG guy in a position of desperate need. Can't you at least be happy about landing this monster of a man in an area of weakness?
:raysgirl:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In him we've got a DLman that's 338 lbs as of now, along with decent speed (athleticism) .
He should be worrisome to block out. A good-news step forward. Now develop him further.
... just hope Trex can't pancake him.

Too late...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
hes 338 and runs a 4.9? Lord, that's pretty fast for a fatboy. He's from Blinn which is good, known for their Juco talent production. When does he report this fall or next?
I'm assuming he's committed for the 2017 class, otherwise he could have just signed a LOI. If he's 2017, he'll have 2 years left (maybe he can EE and get up to speed faster). Interesting that he didn't have the grades to get into to Texas State, his orginal commitment, but now he can supposedly get into UF. Must've sharpened his pencil some, or this could be another Shavar Manuel example.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

We are taking him out of desperation. That's the problem. Our rivals are loaded up on prime talent while we are looking on the sale rack.

I guess I do need to lower my bar. I'm too negative because of my expectations. If I lower those then I'll be HAPPY to take anyone and everyone! Now I get it.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
We are taking him out of desperation. That's the problem. Our rivals are loaded up on prime talent while we are looking on the sale rack.

I guess I do need to lower my bar. I'm too negative because of my expectations. If I lower those then I'll be HAPPY to take anyone and everyone! Now I get it.

we are taking 2017 DT recruits out of desperation? Is that what you are stating? Just seeking clarity

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Lowering your standards Trex and you'll lose all the disrespect you've earned.??

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Yes... we need depth, but why not take him? You bitch if we don't have a plan B, then when we recover and find a Plan C you bitch also. The kid is big and should be a run stopper just due to his size. Yeah... we all wish we got 5 star DT across the board, but we don't, and getting this kid is good for our depth.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
we are taking 2017 DT recruits out of desperation? Is that what you are stating? Just seeking clarity

You're joking, right? We haven't taken a DT in two cycles that's worth a darn. So I'd say taking an unranked Juco that had offers from bottom feeders and was originally slated to go to Texas State as DESPERATION.

Don't hate the messenger. Seriously, what flavor kool-aid are you drinking?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Article on him from 247. Hopefully that chip turns into talent.

Defensive tackle Javier Edwards (Brenham, Tex./Blinn Junior College) didn't need long to know he wanted to be a Gator.

Edwards said he landed an offer from Florida at 1:30 p.m. and just committed, as first-reported by 247Sports.com.

"That's my dream school," Edwards said of Florida.

Edwards said he chose Florida over offers from UNLV, Tulsa, New Mexico and Texas State.

"I feel I'm underrated," Edwards said. "Some schools thought I was too big to play against all of the spread offenses in the Big 12. So I have a big chip on my shoulder."

Edwards (6-3, 350) said he plans to visit Florida this month but doesn't have a date set yet.

"Florida is getting a big run stopper," Edwards said. "I'm a guy that can push the pocket and collapse the pocket."

Edwards said he will enroll at Florida in January and has two years of eligibility remaining.

Edwards played his prep ball at Houston, Tex./Aldine Davis.

Edwards is the seventh verbal commit in the 2017 class for Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator