JUCO DL Javier Edwards is a Gator

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're joking, right? We haven't taken a DT in two cycles that's worth a darn. So I'd say taking an unranked Juco that had offers from bottom feeders and was originally slated to go to Texas State as DESPERATION.

Don't hate the messenger. Seriously, what flavor kool-aid are you drinking?
Since we've missed at that position the past two years we do need to grab a juco or 2. How many 5 star juco DTs are there this year?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is a great pick up. Allows the freshman DT that just committed to redshirt - and lose a couple of pounds.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
You're joking, right? We haven't taken a DT in two cycles that's worth a darn. So I'd say taking an unranked Juco that had offers from bottom feeders and was originally slated to go to Texas State as DESPERATION.

Don't hate the messenger. Seriously, what flavor kool-aid are you drinking?
so now we are grabbing DTs and you hate them because they aren't 5 stars? So you don't want this 6'4 338 Juco DT? Amazing...

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
a week ago... " Our staff sucks...we have 5 recruits in May"

this week " We got 2 commits in a critical position, but they aren't 5 stars. Our staff sucks"

:jerkstore:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need bodies and size at DT. Nice pick up.

^ This. We need space eaters in the middle. I'd love to see some of that baby fat turned into chiseled muscle. Or just muscle. Or maybe a little less baby fat. But hopefully he's a friggin brick wall in the middle.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is excellent news. We need large bodies at DT and we're actually getting some. Glad he'll be an early enrollee too because we'll probably need him to start out of necessity next year.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Another article

Interesting quote "They say they want me to come play, they said me and some other guy they want us to plug up the middle together,” Edwards said of Rumph’s message. “He said he’s 350 plus too and they want us to come play together and plug up the middle for them on their defense.”

Sounds like there is a strategy here to go for size and really plug the middle. The assumption is that this would allow athletic LBs freedom to make plays and it may even help with recruiting if the LBs see they are a focal point.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-add-another-big-defensive-tackle-in-2017/

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.