Recruiting JUCO running back commits

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n223633 said:
Sweet! It's nice to see some bigger backs coming our way rather than the scatbacks that we've seemed to rely on in the recent past.
i wasnt aware the :nole:'s picked up a new committment :dunno:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n223362 said:
I am not saying he doesn't have things to work on, I just believe he will leave early.

Certainly a possibility. One other thing he has going for him is he's never had a serious injury. We saw what that did to Mike Davis from USCe this year......

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
ufgator2002;n223264 said:
Just to help out, his other offers were from some solid programs, so he had several schools after him..here's a list ASU, CSU Iowa, Iowa State, Washington, Utah State, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisville, Oregon State, Texas A&M, and Alabama ..... plus even though it's at JUCO he has played college ball... kid could be special...here's to hoping :swampqueen:

Here is what I'm seeing - JMac had him eyed out of high school, had the relationship, but for whatever reasons the kid wasn't D1 ready (academics?). Bottom line, this isn't a surprise gift or some random kid getting sold on us late. I see this as JMac having a relationship going back a few years and finally the stars align for JMac to be at a school that can take a kid who is in a position to join a program like UF. So yeah, what can happen when coaches have time to build relationships - NOT a statement that we become a JUCO (mercenary) landing pad. I don't see this as a statement that we'll start getting a bunch more JUCOs that we have normally gotten, more a matter of JMac sticking with someone he saw potential in.

EDIT - read the link, and a few past that. Kid sounds solid in terms of character, personal awareness, and team buy in. I can see why JMac would have sought him out early and stuck with him. Only thing the articles didn't speak to was ability to block or catch, just extolled great running ability. Still, I'm all for a high character guy who pushes the others to excel both on and off the field. Look forward to having him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TLB;n223771 said:
Only thing the articles didn't speak to was ability to block or catch,
Watch the video posted in this thread. The guy absolutely crushes a couple of people with some blocks. He also takes a few screen passes.....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n223220 said:
Most likely that Taylor will be gone after his Junior year.
Congratulations on making your dumbest post ever:thumbup:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n223774 said:
Watch the video posted in this thread. The guy absolutely crushes a couple of people with some blocks. He also takes a few screen passes.....

"ConHell" is right. Video shows decent blocking by the guy. Plus, he'll improve.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We can always use talent at the skill positions.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
rogdochar;n224072 said:
"ConHell" is right. Video shows decent blocking by the guy. Plus, he'll improve.

I like the fact that he's physical upon contact almost always going forward. Not a lot of juke to him but he's got pretty good speed in the open field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's a decent JC also. Hopefully recruiting him helps us grab a few OL or other positions of need from those guys.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n224156 said:
That's a decent JC also. Hopefully recruiting him helps us grab a few OL or other positions of need from those guys.

You would think with our offensive line situation that we would have gotten any possible transfers or JC's but it may still take seeing Mac and Nuss's offense before they pull the trigger. I get the feeling with the size and speed of this guy and McGriff along with a suspect offensive line we should see a screen game around these parts for the first time in years. My hope is that by doing this and having McGee and Goolsby as well as good receiving backs, our young QB's will have plenty of quick check down options when the heat comes......and I assure you opposing DC's will bring tons of it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think KT will be gone after next season also. Not because he'll have a break out year, but because he's gotten a ton of exposure for being a Gator and Fred's son. So people will know that he played behind some of the worst OLines in UF history. He has a lot of potential and will be seen as an Ingram or Emmitt style back. If he goes to a team like Dallas late, they will get a steal. They will have all the time in the world to coach him up. He'll also run behind a great line. He has NFL vision, so someone will take a chance on him regardless. No reason for any RB to stay after 3 years if they can be drafted. They only have so many miles to use.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JUCOs make okay Olineman. Muschamp was big on them and Oline transfers. I think it leads to continuity and trust issues. Olineman that come in together as freshman and learn together, live together, grow together, and trust each other are much more functional as a unit IMO.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n224231 said:
JUCOs make okay Olineman. Muschamp was big on them and Oline transfers. I think it leads to continuity and trust issues. Olineman that come in together as freshman and learn together, live together, grow together, and trust each other are much more functional as a unit IMO.

In a perfect world, yes. But we're still in Muschamp world IRT the O line.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
alcoholica;n224230 said:
. He has NFL vision, so someone will take a chance on him regardless
I agree with that and it's something that can't be taught. He would still do himself a big favor by adding a little size-strength.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n224231 said:
I like them to plug holes.

I'm not real clear on the second part, Chimp's plan, though. If he had been retained, much to the delight of some on this board, only had 2-3 OL targeted in the last class. He didn't even talk to many of the OL in the state, like that tackle that went to the Spurrcocks.

He didn't seem to have one regarding OL. Perhaps he intended to sign a bunch more DL and more the bad ones over to OL. I don't know.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;224268 said:
I like them to plug holes.

I'm not real clear on the second part, Chimp's plan, though. If he had been retained, much to the delight of some on this board, only had 2-3 OL targeted in the last class. He didn't even talk to many of the OL in the state, like that tackle that went to the Spurrcocks.

He didn't seem to have one regarding OL. Perhaps he intended to sign a bunch more DL and more the bad ones over to OL. I don't know.

You're right. He never had a plan for the Oline. It was full of transfers and JUCOs because it was an always an after-thought.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n224314 said:
You're right. He never had a plan for the Oline. It was full of transfers and JUCOs because it was an always an after-thought.

I don't know, in retrospect, maybe it wasn't so much they were always an after-thought. Maybe they just didn't want to play for him.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n224016 said:
Congratulations on making your dumbest post ever:thumbup:

And yet it doesn't even come close to some of your dumbest posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator