Julian Edelman was more concussed than Janay Rice

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
CapitalGator02;n166086 said:
The guy got his bell rung. This happens on every single play in football, but it in now way shape or form means a player was concussed.

The fact that the Legion of Boom got schooled by a no name white boy, concussed or not, is about as embarrassing as it gets.

WTF does race have to do with this at all?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n166086 said:
The guy got his bell rung. This happens on every single play in football, but it in now way shape or form means a player was concussed.

The fact that the Legion of Boom got schooled by a no name WR, concussed or not, is about as embarrassing as it gets.

Hell, if the WR was concussed, it would be even more embarrassing for the Seattle Defense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if we are going to peddle conspiracy theories, this one goes full retard. Synopsis: Wilson gets to throw the ball to win the game instead of lynch running it b/c wilson is good and christian and conservative while lynch is bad and non-christian and liberal. Carrol and the OC be hatin on da man yall. :headslap:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697...awks-last-play

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n166165 said:
Well, if we are going to peddle conspiracy theories, this one goes full retard. Synopsis: Wilson gets to throw the ball to win the game instead of lynch running it b/c wilson is good and christian and conservative while lynch is bad and non-christian and liberal. Carrol and the OC be hatin on da man yall. :headslap:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697...awks-last-play

No Wilson got the call because he will be with the team next year, Lynch won't be.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n166172 said:
No Wilson got the call because he will be with the team next year, Lynch won't be.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to this, but the author of the article is desperately trying to paint a narrative where race, politics and religion played a part in the decision to let wilson have the ball instead of lynch. Otherwise he would have simply said wilson got the ball b/c hes their guy and lynch is on his way out. Instead we got gems like these:

Russell Wilson is your young clean-cut God-fearing media-perfect quarterback... He’s Derek Jeter with a Bible, someone who comes across like he has never spoken out of turn in his entire life.

Marshawn Lynch is…
Marshawn Lynch, and if you haven’t figured out what that means after the past two weeks, then you haven’t been paying attention.

the politics of race, respectability, public relations... all played into this.

Then he goes on to try and validate this theory by providing a dubious quote from an unnamed player and associating it not with specifically the fact that wilson was chosen to handle the ball instead of lynch but implying thta it was b/c of the reasons above that he was chosen. Hack journalism at its finest.

EDIT: I also think its ludicrous to mention race at all... its not as if wilson is white, but maybe to the idiot writing this piece, hes just not black enough? who knows... just dumb.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n166203 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to this, but the author of the article is desperately trying to paint a narrative where race, politics and religion played a part in the decision to let wilson have the ball instead of lynch. Otherwise he would have simply said wilson got the ball b/c hes their guy and lynch is on his way out. Instead we got gems like these:

Russell Wilson is your young clean-cut God-fearing media-perfect quarterback... He’s Derek Jeter with a Bible, someone who comes across like he has never spoken out of turn in his entire life.

Marshawn Lynch is…
Marshawn Lynch, and if you haven’t figured out what that means after the past two weeks, then you haven’t been paying attention.

the politics of race, respectability, public relations... all played into this.

Then he goes on to try and validate this theory by providing a dubious quote from an unnamed player and associating it not with specifically the fact that wilson was chosen to handle the ball instead of lynch but implying thta it was b/c of the reasons above that he was chosen. Hack journalism at its finest.

EDIT: I also think its ludicrous to mention race at all... its not as if wilson is white, but maybe to the idiot writing this piece, hes just not black enough? who knows... just dumb.

Yeah, that is why I refused to click on the link. Complete garbage.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
WobbleGator;n166172 said:

I guess you missed the report Saturday that the Seahawks have offered Lynch a huge new contract.

And Pete Carroll may be a major dip****, but he's not compromising the Super Bowl win to give the glory to the player who will "be here next year." That's dumb.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Your team lost...let it go.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n166275 said:
Or as a doctor would call it, he got a concussion. :rolleyes:

Not sure what you're waiting for, but go ahead and shoot your resume to the NFL as a medical consultant. The fact you can diagnose Edelman through a television set is most impressive.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
CapitalGator02;n166325 said:
Not sure what you're waiting for, but go ahead and shoot your resume to the NFL as a medical consultant. The fact you can diagnose Edelman through a television set is most impressive.

Fact: Even the greatest doctors & scientists are at the infancy stages of understanding brain injuries
Fact: Edelman took a blow to the head that compromised some of his cognitive ability (perhaps only his balance, maybe more)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n166374 said:
Fact: Even the greatest doctors & scientists are at the infancy stages of understanding brain injuries
Fact: Edelman took a blow to the head that compromised some of his cognitive ability (perhaps only his balance, maybe more)
Fact: An independent neurologist tested and cleared him to return to the field.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Dunder;n166374 said:

After 4 pages of this I'm thinking you might have a brain injury.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
oxrageous;n166379 said:
Fact: An independent neurologist tested and cleared him to return to the field.

Eh..... according to a source with "knowledge of the situation." If all sources were facts, UF would have four or five WR coaches on their staff right now. As of right now, I'd like to know more.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n166387 said:
Eh..... according to a source with "knowledge of the situation." If all sources were facts, UF would have four or five WR coaches on their staff right now. As of right now, I'd like to know more.
Seriously? WTF for? The game is over, dude - they aren't going to replay it. There was no conspiracy. And even if they HAD pulled Edelman, Brady would have thrown that TD to someone else.

At first I thought you were being a bit funny about this, now I'm thinking you may have a serious brain disorder.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n166374 said:

Fact: When I feed my 10 month old daughter fiber rich foods, she typically has stronger blowouts.
Fact: Everyone poos

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
oxrageous;n166492 said:
Seriously? WTF for? The game is over, dude - they aren't going to replay it. There was no conspiracy. And even if they HAD pulled Edelman, Brady would have thrown that TD to someone else.

At first I thought you were being a bit funny about this, now I'm thinking you may have a serious brain disorder.

**** It! We got Jordan Scarlett bitches! Coach Mac may have already landed a better offensive talent than the last guy ever did. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.