Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't really sure if I should post this here or in the PF so the mods can move if they'd like but wanted to share with everyone my last few days.

I was called for jury duty last month so Monday morning bright and early I showed up to the courthouse. There were 90 of us present for 3 cases that week needing 7 persons each (21). After we viewed some juror video info the clerk came in and said 2 of the cases settled just then so 14 of the 21 would not be needed. At that point they cut the pool in half to 45. I was not a lucky one. The remaining 45 of us moved to a courtroom where the defense and prosecuting attorneys along with the judge were seated. We sat down in the courtroom, they began to read names, mine was called 2nd. Damn....

I got up, walked to a seat in the jurors box that the bailiff pointed to and sat down. A total of 24 names were called, the remaining 21 stayed in the court room audience seating. The prosecutors (1 very attractive lady and 1 sharp dressed male; both between 26 and 32 id say) began with the jury interviews. The clearly veteran and confident defense attorney followed suit afterwards while his client, a large, slouching, poorly dressed black male who "mugged" throughout the whole ordeal looked on.

The case was 2 felony counts, 1 each of child molestation and child sexual battery (rape). After questioning, the judge and counsel deliberated privately for 20 minutes; when they came back the judge announced they had selected 7 members from the current group and the 21 in the audience were free to leave. The rest of us waited to see if we heard our name. First name called, some girl... sucks for her. Second name... DAMMIT!!!

Opening statements began immediately. Prosecution - clear cut case of child rape and molestation, no DNA evidence b/c child didnt report write away out of shame, guilt, fear, etc. Defense - girl is lying, no evidence of any innappropriate behavior, girl and mom concocted story about boyfriend to get him out of the house so they could be together again, statements made by defendant are taken totally out of context, defendant is 100% innocent. End Day 1.

Day 2

Victim was 14 year old girl, perp was boyfriend of mother; mother and boyfriend lived together; daughter lived with grandparents; perp was black, rest of group white trash. Perp got girl drunk with vodka and sunkist and then carried her to his bedroom, proceeded in a horrific manner to rape girl. Afterwards told girl if she tells hed hurt her. Girl doesnt tell. 3 weeks later perp grabs girl while shes at their house and forces her to rub his junk while mom is in shower. Next morning perp gets arrested after routine traffic stop (busted tail light) results in cops pulling his data to find suspended license, 3 tickets unpaid and overdue, 3 skipped court appearances and an expired and stolen tag. Girl finds out perp arrested and in jail later that day, proceeds to tell her mom what happened thinking he wouldnt be able to retaliate immediately. Only tells about the 2nd incident at first, later further opens up about the earlier rape as well. No DNA or other material evidence searched for since time lapse between event and reporting. An audio tape is discussed, defense does everything including figuring out a way to clear the room for 15 minutes in order to try and get the tape deemed inadmissable. We return and the audio recording is played over the court sound system, synopsis of audio and details are as follows:

While in jail for traffic violation perp is informed that girl has told mom and LE. Perp makes phone call to best friend, best friend and perp discuss details and what may happen as a result for 20 minutes. Perp and friend have no idea all jailhouse phone calls are recorded, time stamped and phn numbers documented. Perp does everything short of say on phone that he raped girl. Friend asks him how in the F he could do that to a little girl, a CHILD, its just sickening!!! Perp says "i know, i know, i know. I F'd up bad, real bad. My life is over, im gonna lose all my friends, you probably wont even be friends with me anymore." Friend asks why he would even want to do sometihng like "that", perp responds, "well you know, she already be getting it in so you know how it is... i mean, she HOT! What can i say?"

This sort of stuff continues for 10 minutes. Perp asks friend what he should do. She says "Deny that sh##, I would!!! Aint no way Id give myself up to the cops, go to prison, register as a sex offender. Id have to leave that stuff between me and God but I wouldnt tell the cops nothing!" Perp becomes conviced to just deny and say girl is lying b/c she doesnt like him being with her mother. Friend agrees to help cooberate this and promises over and over to perp that she wont tell anyone the truth about what happened and that it will stay with them, perp repeatedly begs her to keep it a secret, "dont tell nobody!!!" Friend even says that mother is dumb enough to probably believe it all if they get the story right. It was 20 minutes of damning audio to say the least.

Audio finishes, defense calls woman that was on audio to stand. She claims that that convo was about him accidentally dropping his towel when leaving the bathroom from a shower and the girl saw him from the hallway. All accident and coincidence. Woman claims a call just an hour earlier was discussing the "towel" and the 20 mins of audio was completely innocent and taken out of context. Might have been handy if defense had pulled that audio tape made from and to the same phones to rebutt the first audio tape... yea, wasnt pulled b/c it didnt exist. Witness either says she doesnt remember or she doesnt know or that she doesnt understand the question to almost every question asked by the prosecution during cross exam. Witness was wearing an ankle bracelet when she walked to the stand. Witness is asked if shed ever been convicted of a felony, objection made and sustained but point made and damage done. Later witness outs herself as a convict by mentioning some version of the timeline of events was easy to remember b/c the day in question was the day she had to meet her parole officer. Every word the witness said on the stand was a total lie. She also claimed initially to hardly know defendant and that they hadnt spoken in 8 months. Turns out shes his ex g/f and best friend.

Victim spent 2.5 hours on the stand, very very sad and gut wrenching situation, had to recount all the sordid details in chronological order. Very upsetting. During cross exam the defense attorney did a real number on her, we cleared the room 4 separate times b/c she kept breaking down. It actually worked against him rather than for him as we all ended up being very displeased with his demeanor and treatment of a potential child molestation victim. Defense quibbled over stupid details between LE statements taken, sworn deposition and on the stand testimony. Child stated last year she had peach vodka mixed with something, later she just said vodka and it had sunkist mixed with it. Defense actually thought this meant she was lying about the whole ordeal. More stupid crap like that, plus the ridiculous line of defense that all that audio was over an accidental towel slippage.

Prosecution rested. Defense called a few more witnesses, none of any real substance or consequence and none of which were both credible AND had something pertinent to add. Defense rested. Closing statements started. Prosecution handed jury the smoking gun by replaying 12 seconds of the audio recording where perp asks friend how she found out about "the charges" and friend states that she heard about them through his girlfreind (the mother). Mother had previously testified that she told friend that he had molested her daughter and was being charged accordingly; nowhere ever mentioned previously by mother or by friend in any depositions with LE or lawyers about an accidental towel dropping incident. Check mate.

We went into deliberations, all felt confident of both charges, guilty as charged on the battery (rape) and guilty of lesser on the molestation (child couldnt remember if she actually touched his junk or just around it and apparently theres a legal difference). We requested to playback the audio in full before making final decision. Went back into courtroom, at this time it was full and had all the family members, witnesses for both sides, etc. To this point it was empty and witnesses were called and released one at a time due to protection rights of children. Whole family got to hear the audio, we didnt know this would happen but were very glad it did. Went back, took a vote, it remained the same and everyone said they were even more convinced. Went back out, rendered verdict. Family burst into tears, thanking all of us as we exited.

Child rapist behind bars. Hope the MF'r burns in hell.

I went home and damn near cried due to how awful the details were and how upset it got me.
You dont ever want to have to sit on one of these type trials, this sh*t will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Damn Durty, that was one hell of a read.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you were there though as I'm sure your ability to see things clearly and process them like you demonstrate in your written account above helped you be an influence for justice upon the other jurors.

Hope you can get over the emotional trauma.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really sad that we have predators like that running around, but you did your civic duty and put one behind bars. A child is safer tonight because of it, Durty.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just got a questionnaire for possible federal jury duty between 12/15 and 12/17. Hope it's something like this where I can help put a sleezebag behind bars.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great job Durt. As time consuming as it is to be called and as much a pain in the ass as it is, it is a responsibility we all need to shoulder in when called.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry you had to be a part of this. From a Father, thank you for putting that piece of crap behind bars.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good job durty

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Appreciate it guys, I guess if someone has to do it it may as well be me. Ive seen some awful things in my life and guess I can handle them so its better than someone on there who cant. But I dont know if ill ever get some of the graphic details out of my head. Some sick sons a b*tches out there, thats for sure.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you for your service Durty.

We need good jurors for the system to work.

Alex.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Time for the candy-assed libs to call you racist and not allowing the piece of **** to walk and get 'rehabilitation' since he was born poor, etc.

Good for you Durty. Too bad he gets three hots and a cot.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That sucks Durty. Glad the guy is rotting in jail now.

Only jury duty I had was dealing with a fender bender.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When will Rev. Al show up?

Good job.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I almost ended up on a similar case last year. Younger defendant though, but the prosecutor, who appeared very green screwed up in her initial speech, for lack of a better term, and after all counsel privately conferencing with the judge for about 5 mins, the judge looks up and says you are all dissmised (40+ of us), and we went on our way....dodge a bullet on that one.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
No way in hell I could handle a case like that. I would have wanted beat the hell out of the guy, and then puked for having to listen to the testimony. I give you a lot of credit.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Horrible reality of our world. Thanks for doing what needed to be done. Now, if we can get another convict to mete out the rest of what's needed on him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
An absolutely riveting read Durty. THANK YOU for putting that POS behind bars.

Still one of my favorite pictures of a rapist getting some just due:

Raymond-Frolander-Child-Rape-Suspect-Beaten-By-Father-Is-Sentenced-In-Florida-After-Claiming-Not-Guilty-665x385.jpg

Dec 10, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n230087 said:
Wasn't really sure if I should post this here or in the PF so the mods can move if they'd like but wanted to share with everyone my last few days.

I was called for jury duty last month so Monday morning bright and early I showed up to the courthouse. There were 90 of us present for 3 cases that week needing 7 persons each (21). After we viewed some juror video info the clerk came in and said 2 of the cases settled just then so 14 of the 21 would not be needed. At that point they cut the pool in half to 45. I was not a lucky one. The remaining 45 of us moved to a courtroom where the defense and prosecuting attorneys along with the judge were seated. We sat down in the courtroom, they began to read names, mine was called 2nd. Damn....

I got up, walked to a seat in the jurors box that the bailiff pointed to and sat down. A total of 24 names were called, the remaining 21 stayed in the court room audience seating. The prosecutors (1 very attractive lady and 1 sharp dressed male; both between 26 and 32 id say) began with the jury interviews. The clearly veteran and confident defense attorney followed suit afterwards while his client, a large, slouching, poorly dressed black male who "mugged" throughout the whole ordeal looked on.

The case was 2 felony counts, 1 each of child molestation and child sexual battery (rape). After questioning, the judge and counsel deliberated privately for 20 minutes; when they came back the judge announced they had selected 7 members from the current group and the 21 in the audience were free to leave. The rest of us waited to see if we heard our name. First name called, some girl... sucks for her. Second name... DAMMIT!!!

Opening statements began immediately. Prosecution - clear cut case of child rape and molestation, no DNA evidence b/c child didnt report write away out of shame, guilt, fear, etc. Defense - girl is lying, no evidence of any innappropriate behavior, girl and mom concocted story about boyfriend to get him out of the house so they could be together again, statements made by defendant are taken totally out of context, defendant is 100% innocent. End Day 1.

Day 2

Victim was 14 year old girl, perp was boyfriend of mother; mother and boyfriend lived together; daughter lived with grandparents; perp was black, rest of group white trash. Perp got girl drunk with vodka and sunkist and then carried her to his bedroom, proceeded in a horrific manner to rape girl. Afterwards told girl if she tells hed hurt her. Girl doesnt tell. 3 weeks later perp grabs girl while shes at their house and forces her to rub his junk while mom is in shower. Next morning perp gets arrested after routine traffic stop (busted tail light) results in cops pulling his data to find suspended license, 3 tickets unpaid and overdue, 3 skipped court appearances and an expired and stolen tag. Girl finds out perp arrested and in jail later that day, proceeds to tell her mom what happened thinking he wouldnt be able to retaliate immediately. Only tells about the 2nd incident at first, later further opens up about the earlier rape as well. No DNA or other material evidence searched for since time lapse between event and reporting. An audio tape is discussed, defense does everything including figuring out a way to clear the room for 15 minutes in order to try and get the tape deemed inadmissable. We return and the audio recording is played over the court sound system, synopsis of audio and details are as follows:

While in jail for traffic violation perp is informed that girl has told mom and LE. Perp makes phone call to best friend, best friend and perp discuss details and what may happen as a result for 20 minutes. Perp and friend have no idea all jailhouse phone calls are recorded, time stamped and phn numbers documented. Perp does everything short of say on phone that he raped girl. Friend asks him how in the F he could do that to a little girl, a CHILD, its just sickening!!! Perp says "i know, i know, i know. I F'd up bad, real bad. My life is over, im gonna lose all my friends, you probably wont even be friends with me anymore." Friend asks why he would even want to do sometihng like "that", perp responds, "well you know, she already be getting it in so you know how it is... i mean, she HOT! What can i say?"

This sort of stuff continues for 10 minutes. Perp asks friend what he should do. She says "Deny that sh##, I would!!! Aint no way Id give myself up to the cops, go to prison, register as a sex offender. Id have to leave that stuff between me and God but I wouldnt tell the cops nothing!" Perp becomes conviced to just deny and say girl is lying b/c she doesnt like him being with her mother. Friend agrees to help cooberate this and promises over and over to perp that she wont tell anyone the truth about what happened and that it will stay with them, perp repeatedly begs her to keep it a secret, "dont tell nobody!!!" Friend even says that mother is dumb enough to probably believe it all if they get the story right. It was 20 minutes of damning audio to say the least.

Audio finishes, defense calls woman that was on audio to stand. She claims that that convo was about him accidentally dropping his towel when leaving the bathroom from a shower and the girl saw him from the hallway. All accident and coincidence. Woman claims a call just an hour earlier was discussing the "towel" and the 20 mins of audio was completely innocent and taken out of context. Might have been handy if defense had pulled that audio tape made from and to the same phones to rebutt the first audio tape... yea, wasnt pulled b/c it didnt exist. Witness either says she doesnt remember or she doesnt know or that she doesnt understand the question to almost every question asked by the prosecution during cross exam. Witness was wearing an ankle bracelet when she walked to the stand. Witness is asked if shed ever been convicted of a felony, objection made and sustained but point made and damage done. Later witness outs herself as a convict by mentioning some version of the timeline of events was easy to remember b/c the day in question was the day she had to meet her parole officer. Every word the witness said on the stand was a total lie. She also claimed initially to hardly know defendant and that they hadnt spoken in 8 months. Turns out shes his ex g/f and best friend.

Victim spent 2.5 hours on the stand, very very sad and gut wrenching situation, had to recount all the sordid details in chronological order. Very upsetting. During cross exam the defense attorney did a real number on her, we cleared the room 4 separate times b/c she kept breaking down. It actually worked against him rather than for him as we all ended up being very displeased with his demeanor and treatment of a potential child molestation victim. Defense quibbled over stupid details between LE statements taken, sworn deposition and on the stand testimony. Child stated last year she had peach vodka mixed with something, later she just said vodka and it had sunkist mixed with it. Defense actually thought this meant she was lying about the whole ordeal. More stupid crap like that, plus the ridiculous line of defense that all that audio was over an accidental towel slippage.

Prosecution rested. Defense called a few more witnesses, none of any real substance or consequence and none of which were both credible AND had something pertinent to add. Defense rested. Closing statements started. Prosecution handed jury the smoking gun by replaying 12 seconds of the audio recording where perp asks friend how she found out about "the charges" and friend states that she heard about them through his girlfreind (the mother). Mother had previously testified that she told friend that he had molested her daughter and was being charged accordingly; nowhere ever mentioned previously by mother or by friend in any depositions with LE or lawyers about an accidental towel dropping incident. Check mate.

We went into deliberations, all felt confident of both charges, guilty as charged on the battery (rape) and guilty of lesser on the molestation (child couldnt remember if she actually touched his junk or just around it and apparently theres a legal difference). We requested to playback the audio in full before making final decision. Went back into courtroom, at this time it was full and had all the family members, witnesses for both sides, etc. To this point it was empty and witnesses were called and released one at a time due to protection rights of children. Whole family got to hear the audio, we didnt know this would happen but were very glad it did. Went back, took a vote, it remained the same and everyone said they were even more convinced. Went back out, rendered verdict. Family burst into tears, thanking all of us as we exited.

Child rapist behind bars. Hope the MF'r burns in hell.

I went home and damn near cried due to how awful the details were and how upset it got me.
You dont ever want to have to sit on one of these type trials, this sh*t will stick with me for the rest of my life.

I think you live in Florida. If so this case is getting reversed. I don't really believe prosecutors, or defense attorneys, or judges would allow in some stuff you wrote about. Maybe you researched it and found out some of your information later, but if not...
You are full of **** or you have a conglomerate of the world's worst offenders of the legal system in action at the same time.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n234278 said:
I think you live in Florida. If so this case is getting reversed. I don't really believe prosecutors, or defense attorneys, or judges would allow in some stuff you wrote about. Maybe you researched it and found out some of your information later, but if not...
You are full of **** or you have a conglomerate of the world's worst offenders of the legal system in action at the same time.

World's most prominent and knowledgable attorney ever (just ask him) takes time out of busy schedule to resurrect week old thread in order to post on sports message board. We should be honored.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n230286 said:
Appreciate it guys, I guess if someone has to do it it may as well be me. Ive seen some awful things in my life and guess I can handle them so its better than someone on there who cant. But I dont know if ill ever get some of the graphic details out of my head. Some sick sons a b*tches out there, thats for sure.
This is a civic duty all people of conscience need to embrace. I know it must be awful but this to protect children and innocents from predators. Thank you for doing it. As for the perv hopefully he is known as a child molester and gets his just rewards..........they call me a liberal gardnerweb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator