Just Anounced: Frost to Nebraska

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Frost will return Nebraska to national prominence quickly. The west division of the B1G Ten is the weaker of the two without Penn State, Michigan or Ohio State to play every season. Nebraska is diehard football country. Lincoln is a good college town and Nebraska will amply fund the football program/facilities. Yes it's damn cold in the winter, but it's damn hot and humid in Florida during the summer...so what. During football season the games are played in cool weather, football weather. Frost will recruit Omaha, St. Louis, Chicago, all the surrounding states and pull a few quick athletes from Florida...like Tommy Frazier. If Frost can't succeed there, then no one can.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Frost will recruit Omaha, St. Louis, Chicago, all the surrounding states and pull a few quick athletes from Florida...like Tommy Frazier. If Frost can't succeed there, then no one can.[/QUOTE]

There actually 6 from Fla and 3 from Cali now. More than I thought. Frost will expand those fast.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Frost will return Nebraska to national prominence quickly. The west division of the B1G Ten is the weaker of the two without Penn State, Michigan or Ohio State to play every season. Nebraska is diehard football country. Lincoln is a good college town and Nebraska will amply fund the football program/facilities. Yes it's damn cold in the winter, but it's damn hot and humid in Florida during the summer...so what. During football season the games are played in cool weather, football weather. Frost will recruit Omaha, St. Louis, Chicago, all the surrounding states and pull a few quick athletes from Florida...like Tommy Frazier. If Frost can't succeed there, then no one can.

Nah

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he just transferred to Siberia. I'm sure we will clap for his 9-3 good years, but Nebraska is a top 20 at best program.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nobody, literally nobody save a few Nebraska yokels think Nebraska can come back to prominence. Frost may recruit well enough to win his weak division but he won't have the talent to compete with OSU, Michigan and PSU. And Frost knows that. He didn't go there to win NC's. And he didn't go there to end up at another program. I doubt we hear much about him ever again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard he was going there to get a front-row seat at Gator baseball games.

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
I think Frost knows he's not quite ready for prime time in the SEC. he goes to Nebraska where it won't be such an immediate pressure cooker for him to win big. He'll continue to sharpen his skills and in 5 years he'll have a top job.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It is also hot in Lincoln in the summer.

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah right. Their favorite "son" coming home to save the program. No pressure. :lol:

At Florida, the expectation would have been SEC championships in two years. Nebraska knows they're irrelevant right now. He'll be given more time to succeed there.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Ox, the most honest quote I ever heard a departing coach make was from Tommy Tubberville when he said "We're just a bunch of hired guns."
Frost is a rising star. I hope for his sake that he made the right decision.

I agree but he is returning home in several ways, similar to SOS, he might have much more success than you our I think.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Love that the news broke as they won a game, all the joy will be taken out of it, hard to lose your coach to a dead program.

After he declined to comment until after he celebrated with his players, very classy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Frost returned home where their newborn's grandparents can be near that baby.= free baby sitting.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Frost handled the entire situation well. Leaves with the respect of his players. He’s going home. He is a winner and he will turn Nebraska around. By his 3rd year they will be relevant. Winners win. I like the guy, think he’s a good coach who will do well. I really wanted him here. But he moved on of his own will. It’s Dan’s show now. Go Gators.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lies. I was guaranteed he wasn't talking to any other schools till after the end of the season. No way he worked this out in the couple of hours post game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.