Just Anounced: Frost to Nebraska

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah got to agree. Its cold and talentless. Good luck to him.

Sucks for his players that this will be the conversation tonight instead of their awesome season. He should have kept a cap on the announcement untill at least tomorrow. Classless in my opinion.

Wasn't his fault. Did you see the reporters hounding him after the game? It was shameless. Guy was sprinting away from them to go celebrate with his team. He's got tears in his eyes, can barley contain himself with pride for his team... reporters first question, "so, when you leaving for Nebraska?" What a jackass.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Wasn't his fault. Did you see the reporters hounding him after the game? It was shameless. Guy was sprinting away from them to go celebrate with his team. He's got tears in his eyes, can barley contain himself with pride for his team... reporters first question, "so, when you leaving for Nebraska?" What a jackass.

Yeah saw that after. But with 4min left ESPN App posted it. Media sucks. Parasites is what they are.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Why are we blaming the media for reporting the move? if he didn't want that to happen then maybe don't negotiate with Nebraska till this game is over, not like they were going to hire anyone else.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I never really thought Frost would come to UF. I was one of the few who thought he might actually stay at UCF for a few more years. I'm not surprised he was torn and I don't think he would have left this year for any other team but Nebraska. I've listened to him on local TV and radio for the last couple years and he's a bit of a different cat.

I was at the game today and he was pretty reserved and actually seemed kind of sad at the award ceremony afterward. You guys can doubt it all you like, but he's leaving more for the fact that it's Nebraska than the money. I think he almost feels obligated.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

More than anything else, Frost seems to be concerned with what others think a little too much. He appeared annoyed at the thought of leaving, and was insistent that he would not discuss anything until his season was over, which—while it sounded noble—turns out to be totally false.

He chooses a school that he knows will make his vision much more difficult to realize, in part(I think) because it was easier to explain than simply saying “thanks, but that’s UF so I have to take it”. Even the tweet from Ucf seems to imply they’re ok with things largely because it’s his home.

Now this, where he allegedly lies, knowing full well he can’t recruit the same players, rather than just accepting reality and cordially leaving things vague or merely recruiting for ucf.

Could be wrong, but not convinced he’s got the stomach for the big stage.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
I never really thought Frost would come to UF. I was one of the few who thought he might actually stay at UCF for a few more years. I'm not surprised he was torn and I don't think he would have left this year for any other team but Nebraska. I've listened to him on local TV and radio for the last couple years and he's a bit of a different cat.

I was at the game today and he was pretty reserved and actually seemed kind of sad at the award ceremony afterward. You guys can doubt it all you like, but he's leaving more for the fact that it's Nebraska than the money. I think he almost feels obligated.
Getting a little more seasoning at UCF would have been a wiser course. Head, heart, opportunity. This stuff is hard.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Good for him. I wish him well.

Glad he's out of our space. If he wasn't at UF, I wouldn't want him opposing us on our schedule.

Glad he's in B1G, and hope he does well enough to generate headaches for the other 'big boys' in that conference.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He... was insistent that he would not discuss anything until his season was over, which—while it sounded noble—turns out to be totally false..
It was always false and he was never staying in the minor leagues.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Getting his Florida recruits to come to Nebraska is going to be easier said than done. It's got to be one of the worst places to play in America.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's still planning on coaching in the bowl game? He just needs to head to nebraska now and give them their full attention

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Nah, I think it was totally his fault. He'd obviously been working this for more than five minutes. So he had basically three choices...1) don't entertain any offers until after the AAC title game, 2) work the deal before the game and announce it trusting that the university and players would support you for the game based on the unprecedented success you brought them, or 3) work the move secretly (though everyone knew it was gonna happen) and run like hell when the reporters are after you for a comment, because the only story bigger than the win to the media at that point was the fact that the coach who got them there was leaving.

He chose (3). And the only way to control that would have been to surround him with about 30 state troopers and run him directly to the locker room. It was never gonna be about celebrating with his team.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that he's staying to coach the bowl game and not giving Nebraska 100% of his time is testament to what I said in an earlier post.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that he's staying to coach the bowl game and not giving Nebraska 100% of his time is testament to what I said in an earlier post.
He should just back out. Going there is not going to end well, and I think he knows it.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
More than anything else, Frost seems to be concerned with what others think a little too much. He appeared annoyed at the thought of leaving, and was insistent that he would not discuss anything until his season was over, which—while it sounded noble—turns out to be totally false.

He chooses a school that he knows will make his vision much more difficult to realize, in part(I think) because it was easier to explain than simply saying “thanks, but that’s UF so I have to take it”. Even the tweet from Ucf seems to imply they’re ok with things largely because it’s his home.

Now this, where he allegedly lies, knowing full well he can’t recruit the same players, rather than just accepting reality and cordially leaving things vague or merely recruiting for ucf.

Could be wrong, but not convinced he’s got the stomach for the big stage.

He isn't a d-bag but it give it time, they will turn him eventually. If he has told the recruits they will be Nebraska then it's already happening.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I think Frost has a brilliant offensive mind. I watched the AAC championship game yesterday and was blown away by both offenses.

But it dawned on me that it's a good thing none of us were making the coaching hire. While I'm sure he'll produce great offensive numbers, his defense was absolutely horrible! Not just a bunch of guys missing assignments, but the opposite equivalent to our offense. At one point in the second quarter I thought they both would score a hundred. His defense makes the Big12 defenses look like the 85 Bears.

I know some of you on here really like this guy, But he's going to fail miserably at Nebraska. Maybe he'll hire the right guys to help him with the defense. Most likely, it'll take Urban and Harbaugh bashing his head I before he sees the light.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
It's all good for us, if you're Alabama you just disband an up and coming program (UAB) and put Barn on probation. The way Frost is leaving UCF sets them back and gives us time to regain prominence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.