Just for grins, let's go head coach shopping

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if you want an offensive splash, there is no bigger hire than Chip Kelly. No one even comes close.

Him recruiting Florida would be pretty spectacular. Can you put out a feeler?

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chip_kelly_by_lupe_macias-d9coltk.jpg
I'd take the elephant in a heart beat don't give a damn what kinda trouble he got in at Oregon.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Which never-going-to-happen scenario is more likely to happen: Chip Kelly coming or Nick Saban being lured away for $25 Million?

As far as the buyout goes, if you held a "Buyout Rally" in the Swamp at $100 per ticket, I'm more than certain we would fill the stadium and spill out into the surrounding streets.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For the Chip-Kelly-is-never-going-to-come-here crowd, why not? The fool is just sitting on his couch with potato chip crumbs on his chin and the front of his shirt. He could do a hell of a lot worse than UF.

My main concern about Kelly is that he doesn't want ANY college job again. I think he might take an assistant job in the NFL before he came back to college. Still, it's worth a shot.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For the Chip-Kelly-is-never-going-to-come-here crowd, why not? The fool is just sitting on his couch with potato chip crumbs on his chin and the front of his shirt. He could do a hell of a lot worse than UF.

My main concern about Kelly is that he doesn't want ANY college job again. I think he might take an assistant job in the NFL before he came back to college. Still, it's worth a shot.
Ive never been a big fan of his, but we could (and have) certainly do worse.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

You know, half the battle with getting a quality guy is timing. Maybe for once, just once, we get lucky.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
There is no buyout if the coach steps down for "health" reasons...

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014

Oh don't get me wrong Ox, look back at my history and you'll see I've advocated going after Kelly too. I just don't think it'll happen for various reasons. I would be thrilled if it did.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're laughing. That could become the big "out" here. Then we'll cheer and promote 2222 to on-staff rules advisor.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We finally land our guy. Bob Stoops comes home. Not that I'm saying he would be the best, but it couldn't hurt.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Stoops is free now, too! Let's have a super staff with Saban, Stoops, Kelly, Gruden, and Ox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb