Just for grins, let's go head coach shopping

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna go ahead and say what we're all thinking. Its gundy time!

Screen-Shot-2016-07-18-at-12.32.29-PM.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think this time it will be impossible to do worse.
Although there was no way in hell you coulda convinced me we could worse than Muschump.

And yet....
I was just thinking about this today. I was elated when Muschamp was fired, because I knew that no matter who we hired it couldn't possibly be worse.

I was wrong. It's beyond belief.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was just thinking about this today. I was elated when Muschamp was fired, because I knew that no matter who we hired it couldn't possibly be worse.

I was wrong. It's beyond belief.
Its crazy that somebody inteviewed mclewain and proceeded to pay a large buyout and hire him. I've never watched a presser and thought he sounded smarter than my dog.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think this time it will be impossible to do worse.
Although there was no way in hell you coulda convinced me we could do worse than Muschump.

And yet....

At least the hire of Chump made sense. He was a hot commodity. With ties to the Southeast.

I remember when Mac was hired – everybody said "who the F is that"?

gatyr

Oct 3, 2014
I'm watching Frost.
The timing of his rise and Mac demise could match up perfectly, and being at UCF, he may be making the connections we will need in recruiting in Florida.

We'll see what he does this season.

First requirement is that the candidate have been a head coach before, we do not need another Zook or Duncechump experiment. We are Florida, not a program with training wheels.

Chip Kelly, Les Miles, Bob Stoops.....all not coming here so just mark them off the list.

My Top Five, In No Particular Order:

1. Fuente - grab him now or never, once he gets entrenched at VT, he would be hard to pry away.

2. Fedora - stop #2 on his head coaching career, done well to clean up mess Butch Davis left at UNC, got screwed against Clemson in ACCC game last year.

3. Niumatalolo - a stretch, only if he hires a top notch OC and scraps the triple option, disciplinarian that would have already shown Callaway, and likely the other 8 suspended players, the door permanently.

4. Gundy - he is a man, pay the man and give him the keys (he is #1 on my personal list right now, and we can get him)

5. Whittingham - would be hard to pry from Utah, but a legit HC.

Guys like Morris, Frost, and Babers are still relatively new on the HC scene and need more time.

A wild card name to toss out there is Narduzzi at Pitt, he is only 17-10 or so there as HC so far, but he did beat both the ACC (national) and Big Ten champ last season.

Good points, all. I would add Mike Leach to the list. Right now, we have nothing. Nothing. No excitement on offense, prolly been years since a 300 yard passer, Mike Leach kn ows how to run a program. Won't get us to natty game, but will leave the program in much, much better shape than he found it.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Charlie would bring in the defensive players, a good OC and most importantly he would not put his nose in the offense

I don't see that as a winning solution.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's his name at L-ville?

:exactly:

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
You could NEVER convince me that hiring a Big12 coach would be a positive. Most of you guys are just sick of watching inept offenses, but you're being blinded by your starvation for offense. We play in the SEC. A new coach can't be the antithesis of Muschamp, in that they focus solely on offense and blatantly neglects the defense. And in that conference, they literally don't even try at defense. Sorry, I'll pass on anyone related to that clown conference.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You could NEVER convince me that hiring a Big12 coach would be a positive. Most of you guys are just sick of watching inept offenses, but you're being blinded by your starvation for offense. We play in the SEC. A new coach can't be the antithesis of Muschamp, in that they focus solely on offense and blatantly neglects the defense. And in that conference, they literally don't even try at defense. Sorry, I'll pass on anyone related to that clown conference.
We aren't in position to turn up our noses at Chip Kelly. Besides, his defenses at Oregon were solid.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Are the SEC defenses THAT good, or does this conference just completely neglect offense and have a league full of pitiful QB play?

Maybe there's a reason Clemson exposes Bama every time they play...or the only SEC team with halfway decent QB play beats Bama (Ole Miss)...

All that said, gimme Gundy and we can find a solid DC.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Hindu already makes over $4 million and Pickens will pay more to keep him. Add to that we don't pay top dollar for hires; it's not happening.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are the SEC defenses THAT good, or does this conference just completely neglect offense and have a league full of pitiful QB play?

Maybe there's a reason Clemson exposes Bama every time they play...or the only SEC team with halfway decent QB play beats Bama (Ole Miss)...

All that said, gimme Gundy and we can find a solid DC.
I do believe the SEC was a place offense went to die until a young innovator brought a wide open exciting offense throwing the ball around and not only change the SEC but football everywhere. SEC offenses have gone back to the dark ages...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand all the Gundy love. He's won the big 12 just once in 13 years and his defenses are horrid year in and year out. We would win a lot of games with him but no championships. The only coach in the Big 12 I'd want is Gary Patterson, but his buyout is too big. Wish they would've gone after him with 3 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.