Just when you thought it could't get any worse....

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Concrete Helmet said:
GatorJ;n52700 said:
Alright. Who hijacked Concrete's account?

J, as Hogtown stated there certainly is a possibility of us ending up 5-6. We have Bama next, I see us having a 30%-40% chance of beating them because of their home field advantage. I think we beat UT. Then you have LSU, Mizzou, and UGA. LSU is who they are.....,Mizzou is a lot better than I thought they would be, I thought they would be a 6-6 team. UGA game is always going to be a toss up. Vandy should be a win then you have USCe, who I can't get a handle on yet. Then creampuff should be a win and then as a realist FSU is probably about the same chance as Bama being that it is at the Erector Set......If that's not the toughest schedule in the country then I don't know what is.
Yes, I am still a pumper, but the truth is what it is. Last year was a pass because of youth and injuries. We HAVE depth and a good amount of experienced and talented players and should be better than AT LEAST 6 or 7 of those teams. That was and still is my reason for being optimistic......There would be no other reason than coaching for us to fall below 8 or 9 wins. None.

Ok, you are now my favorite poster.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
GatorJ;n52700 said:
Alright. Who hijacked Concrete's account?

J, as Hogtown stated there certainly is a possibility of us ending up 5-6. We have Bama next, I see us having a 30%-40% chance of beating them because of their home field advantage. I think we beat UT. Then you have LSU, Mizzou, and UGA. LSU is who they are.....,Mizzou is a lot better than I thought they would be, I thought they would be a 6-6 team. UGA game is always going to be a toss up. Vandy should be a win then you have USCe, who I can't get a handle on yet. Then creampuff should be a win and then as a realist FSU is probably about the same chance as Bama being that it is at the Erector Set......If that's not the toughest schedule in the country then I don't know what is.
Yes, I am still a pumper, but the truth is what it is. Last year was a pass because of youth and injuries. We HAVE depth and a good amount of experienced and talented players and should be better than AT LEAST 6 or 7 of those teams. That was and still is my reason for being optimistic......There would be no other reason than coaching for us to fall below 8 or 9 wins. None.
This is exactly the way I feel. Muschamp needs some signature wins against other top teams. He can't continue to lose to the top, he has to be one of the top. That is why this article is such BS. What defines progress? 7-4 or 8-3 this year probably works for Foley.

What people fail to realize is even those of us who are pumpers agree the team needs to show they are one of the top teams, we have just been hopefuly that with a healthy team and new offense it will get us where we need to be. After the UK game.. I am having my doubts, but hopefully the team surprises me against Bama.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
11-2 and 4-8 were both opposite ends of the spectrum. Muschamp is what he is...an 8-4 type of coach. That's all he'll ever be here. If that's good enough for you then you should totally support him getting a lifetime contract.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n52676 said:
BS.....While I remain positive to the outcome of this season we have a BRUTAL schedule.
We have the same schedule we've always had, but we didn't use to look at second or third tier SEC teams as sure losses.

As far as I know, Chimp knew we were in the SEC when he took the job. We weren't planning on joining the ACC in the near future.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, we lose more than 5 games and this artlce is complete bunk (just like most of Franz Beard's stuff)....

Bernardo de la Paz;n52648 said:
What the hell does Franz Beard know about what Foley's expectations are?

Agreed. Franz Beard is the biggest blow-hard Gator "writer" out there. The guy throws so much sh*t at the side of the barn that some of it is bound to stick! And when it does stick he'll be the first to say, "I wrote a story last September saying this would happen!"...while failing to mention his other 99 predictions that went nowhere!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n52730 said:
We have the same schedule we've always had, but we didn't use to look at second or third tier SEC teams as sure losses.

Only real difference is that we have Alabama in the rotation this year. So schedule isn't an excuse.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n52731 said:
Yeah, we lose more than 5 games and this artlce is complete bunk (just like most of Franz Beard's stuff)....
More than 5 huh? But 6 -5 is good enough?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n52733 said:
Only real difference is that we have Alabama in the rotation this year. So schedule isn't an excuse.

The only West team we would be favored against on the road this year is probably Arky.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n52735 said:
The only West team we would be favored against on the road this year is probably Arky.

I'm not impressed with Ole Miss and no one knows which Miss State team is going to show up week to week. LSU is an annual rival. Auburn and Alabama should be favored against us. Arkansas is Arkansas. If we have a 4 loss season and are not in the SEC Championship Game, Muschamp should be revising his resume. There are no great teams in the East. The Schedule is always tough, so what makes this year any different. It is the job he signed up for, and this is the schedule he signed up for.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
“We still believe we would have won it all in 2005,” the former Zook staffer says any time the subject comes up.
:lmao:

Zook leading a team to an NC.....funny stuff. If Zook had been the coach for the '85 Bears, they may not have even made the playoffs.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Franz Beard can read minds now... What garbage...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n52744 said:

Zook leading a team to an NC.....funny stuff. If Zook had been the coach for the '85 Bears, they may not have even made the playoffs.

Yet Zook never had two losing SEC seasons, a losing season over all (despite 6 sure wins on the shedule), and losses to Jorga South and Vandy.

Tell the truth, you'd rather have Zook back with his 8 win seasons (which would be 9 win under the new schedule with one more cupcake).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jax Gator;n52749 said:
I guess Franz Beard can read minds now... What garbage...
Yes he doesn't even pretend that he heard from Foley directly about this. He just says "Foley is determined to give Muschamp 5 years". Just completely baseless speculation. Hell, Muschamp specifically said he wasn't on a five-year plan in his opening press conference!

We have another lousy year there's going to be a lot of pressure on Foley to make a change from outside influences. A LOT of pressure. In fact, Jeremy Foley has a boss, too.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Law98gator said:
BMF;n52731 said:
More than 5 huh? But 6 -5 is good enough?
Well, prior to the season I felt we'd go no better than 8-4. W/ the lost game, I think that hampered our progress/development. But, I agree that "more" than 5 may be extreme. He MAY be safe w/ 5 losses...may. But "more than 5", yes, he's gone.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

that shouldn't be an excuse either not too long ago we was even more feared than bama.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Law98gator said:
oxrageous;n52744 said:

Yet Zook never had two losing SEC seasons, a losing season over all (despite 6 sure wins on the shedule), and losses to Jorga South and Vandy.

Tell the truth, you'd rather have Zook back with his 8 win seasons (which would be 9 win under the new schedule with one more cupcake).
Can't argue much w/ this....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:

that shouldn't be an excuse either not too long ago we was even more feared than bama.
That's the point.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franz Beard is wrong about a bunch of stuff but what does scare me some is him and quite a few other writers especially before the season started acted like Muschamp could possibly survive at 7-5 (pre-Idaho cancellation) like he should be rewarded for being so bad last season even though it was blamed 90% on injuries. I think Foley might have planted that idea to some of them. If we are 7-4 and lose to Georgia again the fan base will be ready to riot if he was retained somehow. No way should he survive 7-4 with his past seasons here - they make Zook look like a real good coach.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
Concrete Helmet said:
BS.....While I remain positive to the outcome of this season we have a BRUTAL schedule. If we fall to .500 or below before the end of the season Muschamp is gone. The 3 game stretch of LSU, Mizzou, and UGA will determine his fate, count on it. While it may not seem fair to some, no excuses will matter this season. Unfortunately for Muschamp, the bar was raised after missing the Idaho game because it would have given him a sure W. Now it is what it is and should be.....he has to earn the record against mostly ranked teams. We are UF and that's just the way it is.

Great post! I try to be positive also, but no way I can be if we have another below. 500 season.
.500 ? another 4 loss season should 100% be unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator